Thread: Trail riding in Northland

Bike
    KTM530EXC

Trail riding in Northland

Does anyone have a map or know of decent places to go trial riding in Northland? There are plenty of gravel roads but what about off road, over a few hills etc? NOt into crazy stuff, just average. I am new to this region and have no clue.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I've struggled to find much off road riding apart from endless gravel, 90 mile beach, Ahipara Gumfields etc.

I do most of my mucky stuff at The Farm

You would be limited on your big Bimmer at this time of year unless you can really ride and love wet clay. Tracks go from easy, depending on your perspective, to sod that, Romaniacs.

The attached vid shows one of the easier trails, their are a few more like it. The higher grade trails get very snotty, I take my trials bike for those.
    Everything else I ride quite happily on a DT230 or CRM250 in standard trim.

Hope this helps.

Oh, if you have your own bike it's $20 for the day. We are gentleman riders and rarely do more than 4 trails in a day with a good picnic and lots of lying around talking crap. Two, if we go for the heart attack trails.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information