Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc

Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

I've been contemplating starting this thread for while but not sure how many fellow ADV types there are in the Bay keen to catch up for the odd day tripping here and there. Maybe this thread could be used for posting some of your fravourite routes and tracks for others to check out, or just to say your free to tag along if anyones planning a ride. So I guess the first question is ....is anybody there?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    ....is anybody there?
    Yep..........
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Cool thats 3 of us so far....almost enough to start a bikie gang

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Cool thats 3 of us so far....almost enough to start a bikie gang
    And me with the little scooter lol, I'm here

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    And me with the little scooter lol, I'm here
    Groovey....little scoooooters are most welcome

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500

Lightbulb HB ADV ride

Had recently been thinking about the Hawkes Bay Adventure ride that Tony W and XR Johhny and helpers organized a few years back.

Was an excellent ride with long fast flowing gravel roads and even a nice beach section thrown in for good measure and was run out of Hastings.

Bout time for another one eh, Tony / Johhny
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Oooh yeah, another HB adv ride would be good.

I will keep an eye on this thread as any weekend rides in the Northern HB are in potentially in range for me.

There are a few spots around the HB that I want to do some more exploring in too, will keep ya's posted if we head over.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MXNUT View Post
    Had recently been thinking about the Hawkes Bay Adventure ride that Tony W and XR Johhny and helpers organized a few years back.

Was an excellent ride with long fast flowing gravel roads and even a nice beach section thrown in for good measure and was run out of Hastings.

Bout time for another one eh, Tony / Johhny
    A lot of that route is done each year on the RRRR. Speaking of which, I'd better start organising next years one.

But hey, I'd be keen on tagging along on another HBAR.

Barts Photos

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Great to see the enthusiasim. looks like theres a bit of challenge for the HB crew to string some gravel, sand and maybe some forrest tracks for a bit of a ride....something to work on for the summer. Went for a ride on Saturday through mohaka/tutira which had most of the ingrediants for a nice excursion. 200 plus klm of awsome riding for the day, nice

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Went for a ride on Saturday through mohaka/tutira which had most of the ingrediants for a nice excursion. :
    S'funny you should mention that, I was cruising around on the WAMS website the other day & it looks like you may be able to carve a wider loop around there, staying closer to the edge of the Ureweras & crossing to the other side of the Mohaka, there is one section in the middle through private forestry but a mate has just started working for that outfit...

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Great to see the enthusiasim. looks like theres a bit of challenge for the HB crew to string some gravel, sand and maybe some forrest tracks for a bit of a ride....something to work on for the summer. Went for a ride on Saturday through mohaka/tutira which had most of the ingrediants for a nice excursion. 200 plus klm of awsome riding for the day, nice
    You sound like our man to organise a ride Be happy to help. Barts RRRR is excellent Clint. Did a Suzuki Trail Blazer in the Tahorakakui Forest a couple weekends back, my first ride since th MMMMM so more local rides would be fab Whats happened to Wade. Back in the States ?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by clint640 View Post
    S'funny you should mention that, I was cruising around on the WAMS website the other day & it looks like you may be able to carve a wider loop around there, staying closer to the edge of the Ureweras & crossing to the other side of the Mohaka, there is one section in the middle through private forestry but a mate has just started working for that outfit...

Cheers
    Clint
    We snuck into a foresty road which was supposed to link up to Station road...2k into it and the road became a shear drop onto boldered river bed . A major slip had cleanedout the whole track! we had to turn back and take the long way round on the fast gravel roads....evry cloud has silver lining!!

You sound like our man to organise a ride Be happy to help. Barts RRRR is excellent Clint. Did a Suzuki Trail Blazer in the Tahorakakui Forest a couple weekends back, my first ride since th MMMMM so more local rides would be fab Whats happened to Wade. Back in the States ?
    ....me organising something is dangerous.....but tempting at the same time. Aint herd so much as a whiperil from our Texan KLR buddy.....he might have flown south...er...north for the winter perhaps?

Bike
    Whats happened to Wade. Back in the States ?
    He's around. Busy time of year for him though.

Barts Photos

Bike
    ....me organising something is dangerous.....but tempting at the same time.
    Organising a ride is easy. You don't have to make it a fancy pre-planned ride anyway. Just meet up somewhere with a loose plan of heading in some general direction, with the aim of getting somewhere before dark.

Just don't forget the magic rule. Don't plan on going more than 50km an hour (less in a large group of smokers and latte drinkers). A 200km ride will take 4 hours plus. 400km will take over 8 hours.

If you need info about Southern Hawkes Bay and Northern Wairarapa, I can help.

Barts Photos

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Organising a ride is easy. You don't have to make it a fancy pre-planned ride anyway. Just meet up somewhere with a loose plan of heading in some general direction, with the aim of getting somewhere before dark.

Just don't forget the magic rule. Don't plan on going more than 50km an hour (less in a large group of smokers and latte drinkers). A 200km ride will take 4 hours plus. 400km will take over 8 hours.

If you need info about Southern Hawkes Bay and Northern Wairarapa, I can help.
    The only 2 questions I have are where to start and where to finish? I imagine once you've got that the bit in the middle should take care of its self but I should be able to manage 50klm hr with some practice That track we went over with you was cool but lot furhter for those North of the boarder

Thread Information