Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1298

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    1150GS / DR750 Big/KTM Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Yep passed a few going the other way were you part of the 200 bike group ? Saw a few come through when I was camped at the Finke end, I had planned to do the service road but it didn't open till late so went back out to Kulgera. I did Sydney to Byron via Bathurst and in land route Then across to Dongara on the west coast, missed some of the middle due the rain that passed through and closed all the roads. Did you ride with a broken collar bone ? And yes one big mother of a country stretches of several hundred Kms of nothing and seeing nobody which I would not want to be out in summer time.
    yep I was part of that group (APC Rally 2015 Perth to Byron Bay) 187 bikes left Perth and 20 more joined in Alice.It was great as Aussie is so big and all the different riders just doing their own thing no one was ever in your dust etc. Yep I rode out from Mt Dare/Finke all the way too the coast with 3 broken ribs and busted colar bone(steel and screws now).Thargomindah to Cunnamulla was were everything tried to kill us, like you say emu's running out of nowhere running with you then darting back into the bush, scares the shit out of you

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by nooles View Post
    yep I was part of that group (APC Rally 2015 Perth to Byron Bay) 187 bikes left Perth and 20 more joined in Alice.It was great as Aussie is so big and all the different riders just doing their own thing no one was ever in your dust etc. Yep I rode out from Mt Dare/Finke all the way too the coast with 3 broken ribs and busted colar bone(steel and screws now).Thargomindah to Cunnamulla was were everything tried to kill us, like you say emu's running out of nowhere running with you then darting back into the bush, scares the shit out of you
    You tuff bugger riding on with those injuries, always wondered what people were expected to do if they didnt keep in front of the sweep and were technically out, "oh ill just go home then" of course your going to keep going with or without the support. I camped south of the Finke river with a bunch of ozzies and watched you all come in some going down the track to the left rather than down the service road, Toby Price and top five in a league of their own amazing to watch.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    You are a tough soul. That would have been v painful
    What happened ?
    How are you recovering now ?
    If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride !

Bike
    1150GS / DR750 Big/KTM Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    You are a tough soul. That would have been v painful
    What happened ?
    How are you recovering now ?
    On the service road out to Finke , which runs next to the actual track, 100's of vehicles were trying to get to the other end and along the track to watch the race. I had a nice little spot in the cue behind a hilux just behind his dust but he waved us forward to go past him and as I came thru his dust the front wheel went into some bulldust(talcum powder) with a rock reef under it and snapped left in the rut violently and over I went then she came and hammered me into the ground and thats when I heard everything breaking. 35L of fuel in tank,15L in bladder on rear and 10L of water and 4 days of food, the bike was pretty loaded and felt great as it squished me lol, got out from under it and picked it up myself tho (god the pain was intense).
    Recovering well, Ill be back over there to finish it off.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    On the service road out to Finke , which runs next to the actual track, 100's of vehicles were trying to get to the other end and along the track to watch the race. I had a nice little spot in the cue behind a hilux just behind his dust but he waved us forward to go past him and as I came thru his dust the front wheel went into some bulldust(talcum powder) with a rock reef under it and snapped left in the rut violently and over I went then she came and hammered me into the ground and thats when I heard everything breaking. 35L of fuel in tank,15L in bladder on rear and 10L of water and 4 days of food, the bike was pretty loaded and felt great as it squished me lol, got out from under it and picked it up myself tho (god the pain was intense).
    Busted ribs are no laughing matter

Top 2 Outback dangers on my Radar has to be pot holes/bulldust followed by kamikaze wildlife....not necessarily in that order

Glad your mending well nooles
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Double ouch !!!! Your bike sure would have been heavy.
    Isn't it funny how one small change in events can have such huge consequences.
    It's good your shoulder got plated rather then just left

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Due to heavy snow Police advise against unnecessary travel. Except for extreme adventure touring as that's too much fun to pass up.

By bellbird bush reserve, nearly/could have made Boundry Stream but it was starting to ice up on bottom layer where farm utes etc had driven through and getting bit late in the day.
    Back to work in the morning....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Due to heavy snow Police advise against unnecessary travel. Except for extreme adventure touring as that's too much fun to pass up.

By bellbird bush reserve, nearly/could have made Boundry Stream but it was starting to ice up on bottom layer where farm utes etc had driven through and getting bit late in the day.

Hey Raymond, I thought I had it tough working outside for 7 hours today, but going riding takes it to the next level. Good on you

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

Never ridden in snow and not likely to any time soon but it sure makes photos look cool haw haw haw

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Went for a walk up the Peak to see the snow (road was closed near the top). It was a tad chilly up there with the breeze. Ice on the road made it quite hard to walk. Wouldn't like to be on a bike up there. Winter has arrived in the Bay

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc

I'm Back :-)

Planning on heading off to Parongahau on Saturday if anyone wants to tag along. At this stage its me and GPSman. Low tide is around lunch so will head off bout 9 or 10am from Havelock. Back roads, gravel and beaches and maybe a small farm excursion if Wade can swing it

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Bit of a ride report on the other channel of my Ozzie adventures

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...ss-oz.1080713/

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE

So enjoying the read
    AWESOME !!

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Planning on heading off to Parongahau on Saturday if anyone wants to tag along. At this stage its me and GPSman. Low tide is around lunch so will head off bout 9 or 10am from Havelock. Back roads, gravel and beaches and maybe a small farm excursion if Wade can swing it
    SOOOOO pleased Marty to hear that 530 is getting it's maiden on road/gravel/beach ride

Have a great time boys. Wish I could join you but with Anesthetist's appointment next week and op the following week I think I best play safe.
    How's that shoulder now ?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc

Awesome trip and write up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    SOOOOO pleased Marty to hear that 530 is getting it's maiden on road/gravel/beach ride

Have a great time boys. Wish I could join you but with Anesthetist's appointment next week and op the following week I think I best play safe.
    How's that shoulder now ?
    Thanks Robyn. Have had the carb out 4 times in the last week trying to sort a backfiring problem but think I've sorted it now with a new pilot jet. The ride on Saturday will do it the world of good after laying around for a year. I'm a bit like a kid waiting for Xmas day - keep going over the bike, charging the gopro, oiling the chain, cleaning the air filter, checking my gear, fitted my wolfman tank bag (not that I need it). Be glad to get this ride out of the way.

Shoulder is better after the jab last week but still a work in progress, good enough to ride with, just wont be waving to anyone with it

Thread Information