Bike
    DRZ400SM
    See everyone at 6, now to decide what bike to bring

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Box of riddles View Post
    See everyone at 6, now to decide what bike to bring
    lol nice to have a choice! one day......

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    lol nice to have a choice! one day......
    Ha ha, I have to choose which bike is broken the least
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Ha ha, I have to choose which bike is broken the least
    Pretty much this. Loose chains suck, and so does not having to tools to do anything about it.

Bike
    07 CBR600RR

What's missing?

Thought i might update you guys on the events of our Wednesday night ride since me and Peter never made it to the pub. So initially coming out of the Lyttleton Tunnel i lost sight of the front pack and assumed you guys went straight through the 100km/h zone. I shot through the 100km/h zone thinking that i'd catch up but you guys must you have turned off somewhere. At this point in time i was followed by Peter on his Virago who's bike decides that now's as good a time as any to run out of petrol luckily though it started up after a few attempts with whatever was left in his reserve tank and we limped it to the nearest petrol station. We than made our way back to Opawa in an attempt to find you guys. We gave up after about half an hour riding around and getting hungrier so we decided to call it a night.

On the way home we got pulled over for what has to be the funniest police stop ever. I'll let you guys figure out why that is.

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrie View Post
    Thought i might update you guys on the events of our Wednesday night ride since me and Peter never made it to the pub. So initially coming out of the Lyttleton Tunnel i lost sight of the front pack and assumed you guys went straight through the 100km/h zone. I shot through the 100km/h zone thinking that i'd catch up but you guys must you have turned off somewhere. At this point in time i was followed by Peter on his Virago who's bike decides that now's as good a time as any to run out of petrol luckily though it started up after a few attempts with whatever was left in his reserve tank and we limped it to the nearest petrol station. We than made our way back to Opawa in an attempt to find you guys. We gave up after about half an hour riding around and getting hungrier so we decided to call it a night.

On the way home we got pulled over for what has to be the funniest police stop ever. I'll let you guys figure out why that is.
    Ah, Transalper has the missing number plate, he saw it on the side of the road, and pulled over to grab it.. I actually commented that it wouldn't be so fun getting pulled over when your numberplate with rego and wof had fallen off, it's rather unfortunate you ran into a cop on the way home.
    We were headed to the Valley Inn Tavern, right here.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    LOL, was just writing this when my internet went down...
    Anyone lost a licence plate with Reg and WOF stickers attached off a 2009 Yamaha XV250 I picked it up off the middle of the road in Gebbies Pass tonight.
    If you want it back let me know but the only bit fully intact is the Rego holder. Maybe a souvineer for the owner though.

Now, why did it fall off?... well it is because you can not attach a licence plate to a bike by only two screws at the top and then hang stuff off it like rego & wof holders at the bottom.
    The metal fatigues through vibration from bike and/or road and sooner or later well I think you know the result. I've seen it happen over and over but usually on adventure bikes including my own which is actually how the shop mounted it from new... but it didn't last.

Other than that a pleasant enough ride tonight and Gareth, I'd be happy doing the Huruni Pizza run sometime on me 'Alp. Corners may be good but I wouldn't want to let a few straights put me off going somewhere... after all the only real corners are gravel and I didn't see any of those tonight either..
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Zipties are your friend with regards to fastening numberplates, it made for an interesting discussion though.
    The ride tonight was great and it's a pity the wait on the food was so long, it looked tasty.

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    LOL, was just writing this when my internet went down...
    Haha hey man, if you could PM me your cell number i'll forward it onto the owner of the virago. Thanks for picking it up!

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Lovely ride tonight, cheers all.

Nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones.
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha Virago

Nice meeting ya'll

Hi guys, nice to see everyone for the first time. I'm the guy in the Virago with the broken off plate - yeah learnt my lesson, and I guess it came new like that too!

Ride was excellent - I had a little trouble keeping up in the bendy bits, Hurrie took it slow with me and we ended up loosing the greater crowd. Great ride never the less, see ya'll next Wed!

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Good ride tonight. Thanks to all who came along.

Little River next week. Weather and light permitting a quick trip over to Barrie's Bay for those who want to.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    that sounds like a ride I could go for

tonight was too cold for me,ive been too long in the tropics
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
    that sounds like a ride I could go for

tonight was too cold for me,ive been too long in the tropics
    Hey GG if you are still riding one of those smokey smelly things you can be TEC.

Will be good to see you again

I was nice and warm tonight but then I was well ruggedup because I'm a woose.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by VTwins View Post
    Hi guys, nice to see everyone for the first time. I'm the guy in the Virago with the broken off plate - yeah learnt my lesson, and I guess it came new like that too!

Ride was excellent - I had a little trouble keeping up in the bendy bits, Hurrie took it slow with me and we ended up loosing the greater crowd. Great ride never the less, see ya'll next Wed!
    Transalper picked up your plate, give him a yell if you want it back

Thread Information