Page 13 of 204 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...it may take til next wednesday to clear the highway out our way, LR...easy two foot deep from round the lake til way past the township...little yachts would do it...

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    We also have little lakes out in our back garden, need to get the canoes out!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhoenix View Post
    sounds good, may have the the ok to drive next week, if so I'm in!
    Unless you want to risk your life on the back of the honda again????
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by been_there View Post
    ...Little river? And those who want to go the one extra over to aka's and back to LR?
    What ever spins your wheels.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    Unless you want to risk your life on the back of the honda again????
    Thank you! Will keep you posted on how I get on, but if I can I will!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Bike
    Well looks like I won't be riding for a few weeks. Turns out my twisted knee is a non-displaced tibia plateau fracture, so now have a leg brace and crutches. Back to the Ortho dept next week for a check up and they'll see what is going to happen!
    Damn, that sounds painful. Heal up soon, Summer's coming!

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    Damn, that sounds painful. Heal up soon, Summer's coming!
    Thank you!

I've been very humbled by everyone's support, thank you so much!

Bike
    Thank you! Will keep you posted on how I get on, but if I can I will!
    Goodo you concentrate on getting better!!

Bike
    2006 suzuki SV650s
    Had to ride to work on wednesday in that downpour (i dont have a car), i dont mind the rain but gale winds and flooded roads made it very exciting to say the least, then putting my soggy gear back on to ride home in the arvo was great. It would have been funny to see some sportbikes cross the flooding at little river though! wonderhow high the air intake is on my sv...
    Cmon sunshine next wed....
    lets flip a coin... HEADS i get TAIL, TAILS i get HEAD

Bike
    Beautiful machines

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Monty69 View Post
    Had to ride to work on wednesday in that downpour (i dont have a car), i dont mind the rain but gale winds and flooded roads made it very exciting to say the least, then putting my soggy gear back on to ride home in the arvo was great. It would have been funny to see some sportbikes cross the flooding at little river though! wonderhow high the air intake is on my sv...
    Cmon sunshine next wed....
    Wow! That sound crazy, sometimes those rides can be the most fun to huh? Apart from soggy gear of course ...
    Was the flooding that bad? Just slap some knobblies on and you'll be sweet those SVs will go anywhere, or so I've heard.
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    2013, KTM, Duke 690

Wednesday night IAM

Hi All, just letting you know that if you decide not to go out for a ride this wednesday night ( who knows what the schizophrenic weather will do) then you are welcome down at the Papanui Club on Sawyers arms road from 7.30.

IAM ( Institute of Advanced Motorists) monthly meeting is on there and then. We will have a representative from ACC with us ( as they are helping fund our BURT MONROE reviver Stop next month) and 2 St John's Paramedics doing a First Response/ First Aid for an accident scene training session. If the weather isn't good and you get there early they have a great restaurant and fairly cheap( good value for money) food

I also have a few copies of Roadcraft the police riders handbook($20) for a couple of you and some copies of Advanced motorcycling the essential skills($25) for anyone who is interested.

Hopefully see some of you there, if not enjoy the evening riding and be safe!

D

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DriveSafe View Post
    Hi All, just letting you know that if you decide not to go out for a ride this wednesday night ( who knows what the schizophrenic weather will do) then you are welcome down at the Papanui Club on Sawyers arms road from 7.30.

IAM ( Institute of Advanced Motorists) monthly meeting is on there and then. We will have a representative from ACC with us ( as they are helping fund our BURT MONROE reviver Stop next month) and 2 St John's Paramedics doing a First Response/ First Aid for an accident scene training session. If the weather isn't good and you get there early they have a great restaurant and fairly cheap( good value for money) food

I also have a few copies of Roadcraft the police riders handbook($20) for a couple of you and some copies of Advanced motorcycling the essential skills($25) for anyone who is interested.

Hopefully see some of you there, if not enjoy the evening riding and be safe!

D
    Thankyou D. If the weather turns to custard we might see you at the Pap Club.

Bike
    Speed Triple R

Inclement Weather Contingency Plan B

This has popped up in years past and discussed just the other day, but if it seems a Wednesday is definitely going to be naff weatherwise (like tomorrow is) but the following day is going to be fine (like Thursday is and last week was), then why not roll over to the Thursday night? This would also give people unable to usually make Wednesday's attend on the Thursday maybe.

Perhaps the the ride would better be named the Canterbury Mid-Week Ride or Canterbury Undefined Night Tour - would make for an interesting abbreviation at least
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    Perhaps the the ride would better be named the Canterbury Mid-Week Ride or Canterbury Undefined Night Tour - would make for an interesting abbreviation at least
    Or:
    Possible Ride In Christchurch?
    Wednesday Alternate Night Kneesup (in the) Event (of) Rain?
    Biking In the Town of CHristchurch?

Hmm ...

Anyhoo, I can't do Thurs as it's a late one for me. Work from 9am-8pm ish so won't make it.
    That alternative thing on Wed sounds good tho!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Well good news for me is that I no longer have the leg brace. Bad news is that I still have the crutches and the worst news is that I'm not allowed to ride for 3 weeks!!! Looking doubtful I'll be doing the Magpie!

Gloplg, thanks for the pillion offer but won't be able to ride.

Thread Information