Page 180 of 204 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3051

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    Do you mean Barry's Bay Via Lyttelton Tunnel?
    Any Hooo I'll be there tonight since the weather has improved.
    You COULD go that way SS.

Do we want to try for Greta next week?

The week after perhaps out through Halswell, Old TaiTap, Gebbies, round the bays, thru the tube to The Valley Inn??
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    This week is the last WNR for the season. Is anyone interested in doing a Saturday or Sunday ride this year during the winter????
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    I know I'll still be in the months and there's a thread already started for Canterbury Weekend Rides.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...-Weekend-Rides

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-R600 K7, Suzuki RM 125
    Might just might have to try and make the last ride or at the least send Phoenix along
    Gold Diggers....like hookers just smarter

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    I'll certainly be keen for weekend rides. Saturday will probably be best for me. I'll have to have a look at that weekend ride thread.

Bike
    Triumph
    any one going to the sundown rally next weekend??
    <span style=font-family: Century Gothic><font size=4><font color=DarkOrchid>Live and let live</font></font></span>

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by fireliv View Post
    Might just might have to try and make the last ride or at the least send Phoenix along

It would be good to see both of you again Liv.

Bike
    CBR, RGV Racer, Bucket
    So where's the ride going tonight?

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Lovely ride this evening chaps (and chapette I didn't meet).

Lovely way to finish the season
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Hey kids,

Here's the video from the ride, tho it's more of a blurb about the sound recorder I was testing out on the ride so there's lots of me blabbering on

If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Hey kids,

Here's the video from the ride, tho it's more of a blurb about the sound recorder I was testing out on the ride so there's lots of me blabbering on

Good vid Pete, the sound from the zoom was very good. You just need to twist the wrist a bit more
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMonger View Post
    ... You just need to twist the wrist a bit more
    Ha ha, that pretty much was as twisted as it gets! It's not a fast machine yet it's much faster than I am

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I think the reason why it distorted on the open road was the mike was picking up a lot of road noise which you had to speak over. If your helmet was more insulated from road noise this would be a help as you would not have to speak so loud...
    Yep, pretty much but it distorts if I'm talking or not, it's the wind and road noise that's the problem. The main issue is that the camera doesn't seem to reduce it's recording volume when the noise gets too loud and thus it clips/distorts.

I don't have the mic for me to be able to gabber on, it's to be able to hear the engine noise.
    The camera's audio with it's built in mics is terrible at speed, just a hiss of wind, no engine at all. I put the external mic in the helmet to as some layer of noise reduction.

I've got a few other mics for testing with the Sony on the way as the one I'm using is cheap but really I'm gonna focus on getting the new sound recorder set up properly so I can use it with a good manual setting with no clipping. I won't use a mic as the built in ones are professional quality, I just need to figure out the correct settings

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Hey peeteey a mate of mine used to put mic under his seat, no wind noise and good engine sound.
    flashg

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Hey peeteey a mate of mine used to put mic under his seat, no wind noise and good engine sound.
    Hey Flash,

Yep I've seen people do that too with good results. Not sure if I have enough room under the seat on the XT, plus you can only remove the seat via 2 screws which rules that idea out ... For now

Thread Information