Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    what on the road or in the pub?

Working on a kicksart wed nite stuff, maybe afterwork barbie etc first few weeks, talked to a few people who seem to be interested. Kb stuff really died off during winter, shame our queen of party's split town..........but i guess we could honour her with a dr650 bar....... knew i brought it for some reason
    Haahaa !! & I really miss all you gorgus people too !!

Just dont get my old DR telling any stories on me.......

We can party on come rally season or come up for a ride & visit me in Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    Argh that's no good GP. looking forward to the wnrs starting again in whatever form they take.
    Be great to have a catch up not been out on bike for yonks, apart from going to work. May just have to come along this Wednesday.

Working on a kicksart wed nite stuff, maybe afterwork barbie etc first few weeks, talked to a few people who seem to be interested. Kb stuff really died off during winter, shame our queen of party's split town..........but i guess we could honour her with a dr650 bar....... knew i brought it for some reason
    Sounds great be into something like that Cruza

Quote Originally Posted by Freespaceage View Post
    Got my bike today - took it for a ride. I'm in love............................. Can't wait for the Wednesday night rides.
    Awesome.. Good on you, look forward to seeing the machine!!

Quote Originally Posted by rumgirl View Post
    hi all
    since paul (cruza) and i have split, i'm now selling my motorbike (on trademe search kawasaki er500)........ enjoy your rides. thanks to all the lovely awesome people i've met over the last couple of years and PARTY ON
    cheers, kelly
    Oh that's a bugger all round Kelly, do you need to sell it right away or do you just want to move on from this. Double sadness for you and everyone else involved.

Bike
    '12 Bonneville A2
    Quote Originally Posted by rumgirl View Post
    hi all
    since paul (cruza) and i have split, i'm now selling my motorbike (on trademe search kawasaki er500)........ enjoy your rides. thanks to all the lovely awesome people i've met over the last couple of years and PARTY ON
    cheers, kelly
    Sorry to hear this RG... hard to get opportunities while your boys are little, I bet you will be like me and it will be something to come back to.

I am a bit like you at the moment, tempted to sell, my reason is because for two years I had an awesome, experienced rider to look out for me... my confidence is knocked by the thought of going out alone. I know there is heaps of support here from our fellow riders... I just need to take that step, and I haven't yet

Hugs to you, keep in touch xoxo
    LIFE! It's what you make it !

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors

Sounds like a good idea Cruza good luck with barbies. Makes sense with the lack of daylight at this time of the year.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Freespaceage View Post
    Why don't we start another thread for summer Sunday rides - I'm sure quite a few people would like to come if they cannot make the Wed ride and especially if the weather is great?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. ........... Anyone interested in a ride next Sunday?????????
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    ... my confidence is knocked by the thought of going out alone. I know there is heaps of support here from our fellow riders... I just need to take that step, and I haven't yet
    Experienced riders GET their experience from doing the miles ON the road ... usually ALONE ...

You get quite selfish riding alone ... stopping whenever YOU like ... as FAST (or slow) as YOU like (or feel comfortable at) ... with rides just as long as it takes YOU ...

Just stopping at the top of as pass somewhere ... to watch the world pass by ... or not ... travelling by yourself DOES have advantages ...

Just go DO IT ... then you wont regret you didn't ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Experienced riders GET their experience from doing the miles ON the road ... usually ALONE ...

You get quite selfish riding alone ... stopping whenever YOU like ... as FAST (or slow) as YOU like (or feel comfortable at) ... with rides just as long as it takes YOU ...

Just stopping at the top of as pass somewhere ... to watch the world pass by ... or not ... travelling by yourself DOES have advantages ...

Just go DO IT ... then you wont regret you didn't ...
    I agree! You just have to get out there and do it! I've done the Alexandra road a few times by myself and love the freedom!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Hmmm might have to come along sometime , just a little pensive that you fast guys might overtake me all the time like the campervans do ?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Hmmm might have to come along sometime , just a little pensive that you fast guys might overtake me all the time like the campervans do ?
    EVERY ride is experience ... EVERY ride is different ... just do it ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    You could stick a few bangers up your exhaust pipe, they'd be done by the time yo get to the destination...

These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    1976 Honda 90 Stepthrough [Turbo]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    ...just a little pensive that you fast guys might overtake me all the time like the campervans do...
    Everyone gets overtaken sooner or later mate. On one ride last year I got passed by 20 bikes in 10 minutes. Mind you, at the time, I was stopped on roadside fixing a puncture.

You could stick a few bangers up your exhaust pipe...
    Now Hornet - this is a family show, no lewd suggestions from you please

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    You could stick a few bangers up your exhaust pipe, they'd be done by the time yo get to the destination...
    Thought you would have got sick of picking gravel out of your banger by now...

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Thought you would have got sick of picking gravel out of your banger by now...
    So where are we going this Wednesday?

*Crosses fingers hoping I can make it*

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    So where are we going this Wednesday?

*Crosses fingers hoping I can make it*
    Well my place is out this week , after weekend dust storm , should be ok for next week, bbq moved outside and was test fired 2 weeks ago .

Anyone have a ground roller? putting top soil in backyard and resowing some grass seed this week. winter been tough on it with extra dog running round.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    I won't be along for a couple of weeks, need to get some stuff organised first, have fun and stay safe!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Thread Information