Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Weather has improved, On My Way!!

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Looking to borrow a 40W indicator flasher unit so I can ride a sexy '74 Triumph Trident around the place without fear of numpties that dont know what hand signals are running me over. You'll get it back in about 2 weeks time.

If anyone has a suitable flasher unit I can borrow that would be much appreciated (I'd put the Cagiva one on it but its only a 20W )

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Lovely ride tonight, perfect night for it, thanks all. Nice to meet you too Dan, thought that bike looked familiar

Someone raging against the machine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subike.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	256407

Name:	GOPR2727.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	572.1 KB 
ID:	256408
    Last edited by Peeteey; 31st January 2012 at 20:40. Reason: Senior moment ...
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries

Great Ride

Great Ride tonight, beautiful mild night....until that wind picked up! some hair raising bends up along that summit road. First time across a cattle stop on a bike haha, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Nice to meet you Dan, It was nice to have another new kid on the block

Have a great week folks I'll be studying the road code all weekend, basic handling course on Wednesday then sitting the big "L".

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Great Ride tonight, beautiful mild night....until that wind picked up! some hair raising bends up along that summit road. First time across a cattle stop on a bike haha, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Nice to meet you Dan, It was nice to have another new kid on the block

Have a great week folks I'll be studying the road code all weekend, basic handling course on Wednesday then sitting the big "L".
    Yes J nice to meet you and good luck sitting the big L.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    Looking to borrow a 40W indicator flasher unit so I can ride a sexy '74 Triumph Trident around the place without fear of numpties that dont know what hand signals are running me over. You'll get it back in about 2 weeks time.
    Have one here, 2 pin 23Wx2 if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Someone raging against the machine:

Name:	subike.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	256407
    You should have seen him raging against the machine on saturday night
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Wish I could have made it tonite, but had prebooked my time out to help a mate get ready for a tahr cull trip this weekend.
    Man last week or so of summer weather has been all over the place!

do we bring back the thurs nana ride.......?

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    Man last week or so of summer weather has been all over the place!

do we bring back the thurs nana ride.......?
    Might be an option Captain C. If you want to, you go for it.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Hey Mr B, any chance I could get a copy of the pics you took of us on the summit rd to use in the video?

Could be nice to see the other side of this:

Name:	B Pic.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	256414

Cheers
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Have one here, 2 pin 23Wx2 if that helps.
    I appreciate the offer but thats a tad small. Im not buying 4 new indicator bulbs for a bike that I dont own (current bulbs are all 24W bulbs in the Trident).

If they were 9W bulbs I'd just swap the Cagiva flasher unit between the bikes as its a 30 second job.

Bike
    2013, KTM, Duke 690

Weekend courses

Hi out there in Kiwi Biker world - we have some spaces left on our heavily ACC subsidised training courses this weekend for new and experienced riders alike.

Both courses cost only $50 each for four hours of small group training

Slow pro (Sunday)is for those wanting to improve their slow riding skills essential in chch peak hour traffic, emerging intersections, filtering through traffic and generally looking like you know what you are doing when you pull up at the lights! We also cover emergency braking technique and some evasive techniques for when that car driver breaches your right of way( like they do every day!) We do this off the road on a big car park and is lots of fun as well as good learning.

Kick-start (Saturday) is for those just completed their basic handling skills test and want to move on with their new bike and get to grips with it on the road in a controlled and helpful way with an instructor rather than a friend. Covering basic gear changes, positioning, cornering and counter-steering among other things. Maybe you know a nube who could benefit?

We have other courses for more experienced rider you also may be interested in.

Call us now on 0508 863 748 or visit our page for more info and book today - these subsidies wont last long!

D

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    I appreciate the offer but thats a tad small. Im not buying 4 new indicator bulbs for a bike that I dont own (current bulbs are all 24W bulbs in the Trident).
    I think it will work then, I'm assuming 2x23W means 2 23W bulbs, and you only have 2 going at a time.

I tested it last night to make sure it works on a 50W halogen and it was fine.

Give me a yell if you want to try it, not too worried as it came off my sons GSXR250 carcass that's sitting in the shed.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    '12 Bonneville A2

Ride tonight... Wednesday?

Hey all,

Is there still likely to be a group for a ride this evening or has WEDNR morphed into TUESNR AND THURSNNANARIDE?

Weather dependent (I see the Southerly has just arrived here in the city!) I am keen for an outing
    LIFE! It's what you make it !

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    I'll be at the car park (in the car) to say hi.
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    I think it will work then, I'm assuming 2x23W means 2 23W bulbs, and you only have 2 going at a time.

I tested it last night to make sure it works on a 50W halogen and it was fine.

Give me a yell if you want to try it, not too worried as it came off my sons GSXR250 carcass that's sitting in the shed.
    Sorry, I'd just woken up when I read your original message.

I'll PM you and we can work out a time that I can pick it up.

Many thanks.

Thread Information