Page 7 of 204 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    There are some pretty low and grey looking clouds rolling over the hills from there at the mo ...
    Bugger! Although the clouds are everywhere, guess we'll be working out where to go at short notice. I don't mind as long as it's not raining.
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Those clouds have arrived and they're heading your way, if they haven't arrived already.
    I'm out anyhoo as I'm a bit nackered and can't see straight.
    Have fun, see you next week!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Those clouds have arrived and they're heading your way, if they haven't arrived already.
    I'm out anyhoo as I'm a bit nackered and can't see straight.
    Have fun, see you next week!
    Will try!! Enjoy your evening!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Sorry folks, looks like I'm out. DP still isn't home from work so will be playing catch up depending on when he gets home.

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    After going to all the trouble to fit my clear visor (AGV's version of the rubik cube) I ended up driving in to work today so no ride for me either, and am away next week so no WNR for two whole weeks! At least it should be warmer and lighter by then
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Only Supds and I showed up and he was just there to say hi so we chin-wagged a bit and headed our separate ways.
    A txt with KiwiPhoenix arranged the return of her forgotten wet weather pants from a couple of weeks ago, now I'm back home saving the gas for bigger things in the weekend and KiwiPhoenix was last seen heading off for a late WNR of her own.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Only Supds and I showed up and he was just there to say hi so we chin-wagged a bit and headed our separate ways.
    A txt with KiwiPhoenix arranged the return of her forgotten wet weather pants from a couple of weeks ago, now I'm back home saving the gas for bigger things in the weekend and KiwiPhoenix was last seen heading off for a late WNR of her own.
    a wee pottle for me round town and a bite to eat before doing another lap then home. A little cold but not as wet as I thought!

Bike
    Its yellow. Sometimes a green one
    Blog Entries
    well its tuesday and noone has asked the obvious... so let me...

Who is comming and where too???

Since light is a problem... (or at least the lack of it) how about BK... the vets... old Tai Tapu rd... Black tulip... the bays... stop in lyttleton. Home via tunnel???

Should have us in lyttleton by sunset and riding away from the setting sun for most of the fun bits...

Any other suggestions or destinations...??? oh and does anyone know of somewhere open there to stop at???

Bike
    Blog Entries

not much open in lyttleton

Well i have been looking around and since there is not much in the way of a bar/cafe open in lyttleton on a wed how about governors bay for a stop and eat/coffee/beer instead??

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by R1madness View Post
    Well i have been looking around and since there is not much in the way of a bar/cafe open in lyttleton on a wed how about governors bay for a stop and eat/coffee/beer instead??
    Another option we have been to in the past is speights ferrymead, only another 5 mins from lyttleton.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Blog Entries
    yep i like that idea... back in the city before (or just on) dark.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Sounds like a plan!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    GSX1400
    Seems there is now another option for Wednesday nights as well. Handy for those out North or who want to check out what else is happening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304146_173821089359142_101707556570496_368097_750378971_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	248366

Sounds like this week will have the Tiger 800 on show and the Canterbury chairman of the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists).

Not sure what I'll do yet.

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    What do they do on this ride Mully, just meet at the pub? The advert doesn't give much away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mully Clown View Post
    Seems there is now another option for Wednesday nights as well. Handy for those out North or who want to check out what else is happening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304146_173821089359142_101707556570496_368097_750378971_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	248366

Sounds like this week will have the Tiger 800 on show and the Canterbury chairman of the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists).

Not sure what I'll do yet.
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 955i, 05 YZ450F
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't of minded stopping at the Valley Inn to see the new girl...But speights ale is another goodie with plenty of parking.
    Jesus was nailed up to some wood, two thousand years later and book sales are still good

Thread Information