Page 103 of 204 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3051

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    a smurf
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    As I said in several earlier posts the faster guys can go to the Hurunui if they choose and those that are left can go around the Port Hills.

The "faster guys" can either leave about 6.15 or depart from elsewhere.

For "those that are left" we will have a very short briefing at 6.25 to leave at 6.30.

My suggestion for the cruisey group is BK, Halswell, Old Taitap Rd, Gebbies, round the bays to Port and thru the tube to the Valley.

so let me get this right..... the faster guys should ride the straight boring roads to the Hurunui for a pizza,... and the slow guys get to ride round the hills with all the bends and cool things..??? maybe its cause im new, but that seems a lil backwards to me...,

Bike
    1999 Red 955i Daytona
    some straight bits but an awesome roads that I have travelled hundreds of times and never bored of it...
    rather waipara to hurinui to the port hills any day

Bike
    a smurf
    Quote Originally Posted by 3umph View Post
    some straight bits but an awesome roads that I have travelled hundreds of times and never bored of it...
    rather waipara to hurinui to the port hills any day
    whats so good about it..? or are you scared of the hills is that why you dont like to ride them.?

Bike
    1999 Red 955i Daytona
    Quote Originally Posted by rossirep View Post
    whats so good about it..? or are you scared of the hills is that why you dont like to ride them.?
    Its a great bit of road that I like... suppose its because I grew up out that way and commuting that road a lot the past few years when living in Hanmer

ridden the hills heaps in the past when I last lived in CVhch so no not scared of them... dont know where you get that Idea from...

Bike
    a smurf
    Quote Originally Posted by 3umph View Post
    Its a great bit of road that I like... suppose its because I grew up out that way and commuting that road a lot the past few years when living in Hanmer

ridden the hills heaps in the past when I last lived in CVhch so no not scared of them... dont know where you get that Idea from...
    sorry, i just dont understand why the faster guys would want to ride on straight bits of roads for the 1st WNR and the slower cruiser guys would want to go for a nana ride round the hills..? surely the faster guys would have more fun round the hills on their sports bikes and the slow nana harley riders would enjoy the straight road the nui has to offer?? but hey thats just my way of thinking.. i know straight roads dont do it for me
    and if the "fast riders" get thier kicks from staight roads and pizza, maybe they just aint that fast... lol,

Bike
    GSX1400
    It's more a case of the so called "fast guys" headed off for a 160km return trip while the so called "slow guys" head off on a 50km loop around the city.

Both roads are interesting in their own ways.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    I have copied this off the "Regular learner rider cruise" thread. There were rather a lot of similar posts.

"iv been on the WNR in the past and its not my thing. to many wannbe leaders there tryin to act like the "big kb dog" sit behind me, follow me, follow my lines, if you want advice ask me, blah blah blah...thats its off putting and if i was new to biking half the fuck heads on this site would put me off becoming a biker.

so i like to come on here wind up the geeky mofo's for a laugh and then ride with real non internet friends who like to ride the same way as me and have fun doing it with out all the PC crap that comes along with riding on the WNR"
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    How do we meet at woodend at 6 when we meet at BK at 6? shesh dude give us time to gather the folks. Woodend will be at 6:30? i work so can't make it earlier than 6. Keen to go to Hurunui, hills ride isn't so great for me in the winds expected, so i'll be part of whoever wants to go to the hurunui for that great pizza
    Well I figured people wouldn't really want to head all the way into town, just to come back out. And based on previous experience, you'd probably be at woodend by 7.

Also as its a longer trip, it would possibly be nice to sit in the sun to eat pizza.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll check back later today and decide what I'm gonna do. If no one is keen for the 6pm meet, then I'll just do the hills with Gloplug. I don't mind where we go, as long as the company is good.

Also, as a note to everyone here, please do not feed the trolls. Recognise when you are being wound up, ignore it and move on.

Bike
    a smurf
    I have copied this off the "Regular learner rider cruise" thread. There were rather a lot of similar posts.

"iv been on the WNR in the past and its not my thing. to many wannbe leaders there tryin to act like the "big kb dog" sit behind me, follow me, follow my lines, if you want advice ask me, blah blah blah...thats its off putting and if i was new to biking half the fuck heads on this site would put me off becoming a biker.

so i like to come on here wind up the geeky mofo's for a laugh and then ride with real non internet friends who like to ride the same way as me and have fun doing it with out all the PC crap that comes along with riding on the WNR"
    and what..??? come on mr gloplg there is no need to be all worried and stressed out, are you the leader of the WNR and can i and my friends not turn up for a laugh.?? i have a bike and im sure not everyone on this site is a cry baby wanna be bike god like some on here..
    so maybe il be seeing you tonight, but until then you should keep filling up cars, cleaning windows and selling pies.. ;-)
    now get off the internet and ride ya bike and dont stress you,l live longer.. ;-) xxxx

Bike
    2013 Multistrada

Meh "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" or in this case those who don't know the past are destined to repeat it.

Nothing worse than going for a ride in a group and having to scrape some silly bastard off the side of the road and load them into an ambulance, or having said silly bastard blame the riders who applied first aid, organised the meat wagon and calmly explained to the cops what happened so next weeks ride is not bogged down in law enforcement.

Sometime folks who are offering help do so because they can see potential for a mess occurring, or they may have a tip that will help out, to add another proverb, he who is his own teacher, has a fool for his pupil.

Don't want to come there is no obligation to, unhappy with the format well organise another ride, its been done in the past and will be again.

We used to let the "faster riders" head to the same destination and leave earlier that way the learners would not get in their way or tangled up, at the end we all got a feed and a drink, had a good time and used our bike for what they were meant for. There were occasions where the faster riders were overtaken by the slower group as the all stopped for a ciggie or simply the guy was not that fast after all.
    Its not the destination that is important its the journey.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by JMemonic View Post
    Meh "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" or in this case those who don't know the past are destined to repeat it.

Nothing worse than going for a ride in a group and having to scrape some silly bastard off the side of the road and load them into an ambulance, or having said silly bastard blame the riders who applied first aid, organised the meat wagon and calmly explained to the cops what happened so next weeks ride is not bogged down in law enforcement.

Sometime folks who are offering help do so because they can see potential for a mess occurring, or they may have a tip that will help out, to add another proverb, he who is his own teacher, has a fool for his pupil.

Don't want to come there is no obligation to, unhappy with the format well organise another ride, its been done in the past and will be again.

We used to let the "faster riders" head to the same destination and leave earlier that way the learners would not get in their way or tangled up, at the end we all got a feed and a drink, had a good time and used our bike for what they were meant for. There were occasions where the faster riders were overtaken by the slower group as the all stopped for a ciggie or simply the guy was not that fast after all.
    Agree!!!!!!! Now let's leave this person to go and bother others.

For those who came in late the cruisey ride is BK, Halswell, Old Taitap rd, Gebbies, round the bays to Port, thru the tube to the Valley.

For the others who want to go further from town I believe Gareth is having a meetup at Woodend around 6.00pmish????

Ride safely and enjoy.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123 View Post
    Sounds good to me. Just let me know when you want to go.
    Sorry mate, looks like Im out, had a stomach bug since sunday
    ...have a great run

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Well, since no one seems keen I'll see you all at BK around 6. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold!

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries
    ok so we all going round the hills it seems. Fine by me, wind hasnt got up and i'm keen to get on the old bike and plod...look forward to see you all in about an hour and 15 ish...

Agree!!!!!!! Now let's leave this person to go and bother others.

For those who came in late the cruisey ride is BK, Halswell, Old Taitap rd, Gebbies, round the bays to Port, thru the tube to the Valley.

For the others who want to go further from town I believe Gareth is having a meetup at Woodend around 6.00pmish????

Ride safely and enjoy.

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123 View Post
    Well, since no one seems keen I'll see you all at BK around 6. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold!
    Forecast looks pretty good, looks like the weather has decided to play ball just this once, in honour of the first WNR of the season.

I'll see everyone at BK at 6.

Thread Information