Page 107 of 204 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3051

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    may pop along for a ride wed . need to get some km's on bike to run motor in before opening it up . Hear another one has gone dark and sold her road bike today end up being wed nite dualsport adv ride........
    And I"m already missing her.....she never gave me the pain that one night on the DR caused lol

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    And I"m already missing her.....she never gave me the pain that one night on the DR caused lol
    So are you coming along tonight to let us see your new toy?????

BK, Moorhouse to Fitz, Fitz up Hills to Marshlands, Left on Main North, First regroup. Motorway to second turnoff (Ohoka turnoff) right onto Island Rd, Skewbridge Rd, Flaxton Rd into Rangiora, Thru Rangiora over the Ashley Bridge to Loburn, second regroup on Hodgsons Rd just off Loburn Whiterock Rd. Then the usual route via Ashley George to The West End Pub in Oxford.

Any folks from the north of town can join up at the first regroup. Anyone from Rangiora keep an eye out for us on Ivory or Ashley Sts.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Little bit of talk in the ADV forum of some of us splitting away to get there via gravel and at least one decent ford, I'm up for that.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2012 Suzuki GN125

Slow..

Hey guys... what time is depart from BK? Would the slower group be accepting to a GN125? Not going to break speed records obviously but still hit open road at 100-110 ok...

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Quote Originally Posted by torican View Post
    Hey guys... what time is depart from BK? Would the slower group be accepting to a GN125? Not going to break speed records obviously but still hit open road at 100-110 ok...
    You'll be fine man. Come along. There's plenty of people who just like to cruise a long. Not everyone likes to race.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Little bit of talk in the ADV forum of some of us splitting away to get there via gravel and at least one decent ford, I'm up for that.
    No Probs. Where were you planning to split??? BK or somewhere along the route???? Me being nosey!!!

GN125's are welcome. Meet BK 6.00pm depart 6.30pm.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    No Probs. Where were you planning to split??? BK or somewhere along the route???? Me being nosey!!!

GN125's are welcome. Meet BK 6.00pm depart 6.30pm.
    We will end up turning of at Tram Rd since all the other entrances are closed for the North Side of the Waimak.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    We will end up turning of at Tram Rd since all the other entrances are closed for the North Side of the Waimak.
    Yep, so ADVers take the first turn over the big bridge, roadies take the second.
    ADVers could separate from the group at the Main North Rd (Chaneys Corner) regroup if we haven't done so already to make sure anyone who wasn't paying attention at the brief doesn't accidently follow us.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2018 KTM 790 Duke
    might join up with you's at Chaneys just around the corner from Marshland Rd then (sounds like that's the first re-group?)
    interesting things happen above 10,000 rpm.....not if you have a ZRX tho

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR250
    Quote Originally Posted by torican View Post
    I'm on a 125 and I'm proudly showing my L-Plateness

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
    I'm on a 125 and I'm proudly showing my L-Plateness
    Yes but are you going to show it to us tonight??????????

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR250
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    Yes but are you going to show it to us tonight??????????
    We shall see... we shall see..

although its highly likely, I only take it off if I'm riding out of hours or with a passenger

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Saw you lads and ladettes fly through Rangiora. Saw a few familiar bikes. Hope it was a good one guys!

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    I enjoyed tonight's ride need to do more ride's like it, I only got off once when I bogged the rear

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    I enjoyed tonight's ride need to do more ride's like it, I only got off once when I bogged the rear
    And by that he means the wheels were turning but the bike had stopped moving. Quite entertaining, bike was fairly clean until that.
    Shoshoni and I were the only two that split off for the Adv route.
    Was all good, I was very happy on the gravel, rocks & in the watery bits on the first decent test of the roady tyres on the Transalp. I managed to stay out of the bog.
    Working out how to cross the last ford with out filling our boots just out of Oxford was fun too.
    I believe we arrived at the Pub not long after the main group.

Thread Information