Page 153 of 204 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3051

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'm out now too, just heard how far J wants to go on the weekend and going to need to save the gas for that.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Sorry peeps I went early as I couldn't wait until 630 so went around 4.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381906541315.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	288620  

Bike
    K1 GSX-R600
    Sorry guys it would appear my knowledge of Christchurch geography is as I first suspected, must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Hey jolly_26 assuming you were a starter with the group at BK and got lost along the way on the actual ride then I'd suggest next time asking the person giving the ride brief for a guide, in theory he should find you someone who knows the way to look out for you, to make sure you know when to turn if the group gets separated in traffic at lights etc.
    Same goes for anyone else that may have a problem navigating if they find they fall behind in traffic, from the various rider speeds or what have you.
    Unfortunately unless otherwise told we assume everyone knows the way and so for example no one waits through red lights for those stuck at them.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Good ride tonight. Chilly air but dry with decent sunlight.

Btw, if any of you find a black Galaxy S2 somewhere along the road before little river, let me know! I know I shouldn't have put it on airplane mode. It literally flew out of my pocket!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    Good ride tonight, apologies for blinding everyone - first night ride on this bike and it seems that my lights are a couple of clicks too high, with every second vehicle flashing madly at me on the way home.

Didn't see a phone or ET sorry.
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Triple View Post
    Sorry peeps I went early as I couldn't wait until 630 so went around 4.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Pub is looking good eh, would have been a bit warmer then.
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Triple View Post
    Jen, it would be a good warm up for your ride the next day! Keep all your gear on and it could help you pull wheelies on the way up the hills.
    I may even get along tonight see how it goes.
    lol you guys all seem to think I'm going to do wheelies on my 200kg bike. ..
    I didn't finish work until 7pm.. so wasn't able to get to BK anyways. .

maybe. . just a suggestion. .. the guy leading should know how to check his side mirrors for those behind . .. and guy tailing should know the route. ensure all newbies and non chch parties stick together between the two. It's a group ride after all and confidence building for new bikers goes a long way knowing people are watching out for you. Not a speed challenge. ..I enjoyed my first two years riding with you lot. . always had a couple of you watching out for me. ..knowing I was a newbie. ..I appreciated that immensely and try to pay forward but hell, I still get wrong turns even now lol

Bike
    K1 GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Hey jolly_26 assuming you were a starter with the group at BK and got lost along the way on the actual ride then I'd suggest next time asking the person giving the ride brief for a guide, in theory he should find you someone who knows the way to look out for you, to make sure you know when to turn if the group gets separated in traffic at lights etc.
    Same goes for anyone else that may have a problem navigating if they find they fall behind in traffic, from the various rider speeds or what have you.
    Unfortunately unless otherwise told we assume everyone knows the way and so for example no one waits through red lights for those stuck at them.
    Yeah the problem was that I thought I knew where we were going. Well, I did know where we were going, but it turns out I didn't know how to get there.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by jolly_26 View Post
    Yeah the problem was that I thought I knew where we were going. Well, I did know where we were going, but it turns out I didn't know how to get there.
    I'd hazard a guess that the route taken being more scenic via the bays instead of the direct way out wouldn't help in that case.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    My Apologies to Jolly_26 (Mike?) and thanks to all for the suggestions. I will endeavour to ensure this does not happen again.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    2013, KTM, Duke 690
    Unfortunately I picked up my son as pillion and ended up at BK at 6.45 so missed you all - we plodded along on the same route and got to little river but didn't know to carry on to the pub sorry. so we had a quick bite to eat at the hotel there and then headed home. Good ride - though my munted knee didn't help in the left bends too much. Sorry I missed you all, hopefully catch up next week. Perhaps a north Canty ride?

D

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Pizza anyone????

This WNR we will visit the Hurunui Pub. I have rung to check and they are still doing their Wednesday night pizza special

BK, Moorhouse to Fitzgerald, Fitz onto Hills, Akaroa st, Marshlands rd, over the railway line L onto old main north rd. First regroup. Those in the north of town may want to join up here. Onto the motorway and up to Amberley. Some of you from parts north may like to join up in Woodend. Please post if you are going to and we will look out for you!!! Second regroup at truck stop opposite Amberley Z station. Continue to Waipara turn L, on through Weka pass, Waikari, final regroup at Hurunui Pub for eats and .

You all safely now.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    2013, KTM, Duke 690
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    Pizza anyone????

This WNR we will visit the Hurunui Pub. I have rung to check and they are still doing their Wednesday night pizza special

BK, Moorhouse to Fitzgerald, Fitz onto Hills, Akaroa st, Marshlands rd, over the railway line L onto old main north rd. First regroup. Those in the north of town may want to join up here. Onto the motorway and up to Amberley. Some of you from parts north may like to join up in Woodend. Please post if you are going to and we will look out for you!!! Second regroup at truck stop opposite Amberley Z station. Continue to Waipara turn L, on through Weka pass, Waikari, final regroup at Hurunui Pub for eats and .

You all safely now.
    Well I will be congregating with myself and anyone else at woodend and wait for you guys to sedately ride past in the 50k zone.
    I am keeping pluggig this as we only have a few days left with our offer on TreatMe - but 50% off 1 of our 6 hour training courses and you can get up to $100 off your next years premium with GoLightly Insurance for completing the course which covers the cost!
    http://www.treatme.co.nz/Deal/Christ...aining-oct13et
    D

Bike
    '18 V-Strom 650
    Won't be with y'all for a couple of months'- had back surgery on Thursday which the surgeon described as going routinely well. Panadol is my new bestest friend. Will be at home for a six week recovery, slightly longer before I'm back (geddit, geddit) riding. I certainly won't be thinking of the pizzas at Hurunui, oh no, not at all, not the Hurunui Pub pizzas...

Thread Information