Page 56 of 204 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Hey Mr B, any chance I could get a copy of the pics you took of us on the summit rd to use in the video?

Could be nice to see the other side of this:
    Attachment 256414

Cheers
    No worries, didn't get too many as the phone was a little slow
    At resetting... I did get you and Jen..the rest were just a back wheel
    Or half a bike lol

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Don't forget guys, BBQ this weekend! Weather should be good on Sunday so come down to Spencer Park and talk bikes Starts at 12.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123 View Post
    Don't forget guys, BBQ this weekend! Weather should be good on Sunday so come down to Spencer Park and talk bikes Starts at 12.
    Looking forward to it!

Was just gonna load the car up with the family and go...but I had better take PhatGirl along (I may even clean the poor old girl)

Look forward to seeing you there Gareth

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123 View Post
    Ooh, cheers for mentioning it in this thread, since my bike's been off the road I've only been having a quick glance at this thread every now and then, and had missed the main one.
    I think I'll probably pop along in the car for a catch-up, sadly it's been way too long. On the bright side, it looks like I may finally be done paying all the rates, plumbers etc that have been taking all the money I'd rather be spending on my bike, so with any luck I'll be able to get longwheely to fix it all up for me sometime in the next coupla weeks and get riding again.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Whats wrong with your bike bro?

Bike
    Your mom
    I got my bike back on the roads so I might join in for a ride at some stage.

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    Whats wrong with your bike bro?
    Well, according to the WOF inspection it failed, it needs fork seals, front brake pads, rear wheel bearings, muffler mount bush, battery, and some minor work on the muffler mount and side stand.
    Damn thing's been off the road ever since the WOF expired back around July last year, I've just been waiting till I had enough spare cash to get it fixed.
    So yeah, I'm seriously looking forward to getting it back on the road - not riding for that long has seriously sucked.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Crap man, that surely does suck. Hope it doesn't cost you to much to get it sorted.

You could probably do a lot of the work yourself to if you have the tools. You'll learn a lot about the bike also.

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    Crap man, that surely does suck. Hope it doesn't cost you to much to get it sorted.

You could probably do a lot of the work yourself to if you have the tools. You'll learn a lot about the bike also.
    Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be too much - once that's done I need to save up to get the rego off hold and sit my full license test.

I did briefly consider trying to do some of it myself, but while changing the battery is trivial and I could probably handle fitting new brake pads, I don't really know enough to do the rest, and my tool collection is pretty much limited to stuff you need to work on computers and electronics, so I'd be lacking most of the tools I'd need.

I might go ahead and do the battery and have a go at the brake pads, but I think I'll just leave the rest in Ian's capable hands - when I first got it he sorted it out for me at a great price.

I am kind of hoping something along the lines of the old wednesday night maintenance meetings during the winter start up again at some point though - they finished before I started hanging out here, but it seems like a great way to learn more about bikes and get to a point where I'd be comfortable doing more of the maintenance and work on my own bike, and I'm sure plenty of other new riders would also find them useful.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Thankyou Gareth. A great afternoon. Should do something similar again.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Anyway. ............ Anyone for a tomorrow? Something fairly short and local.

BK 12.00 for 12.30.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Kawasaki Zephyr 750
    Blog Entries

Question Ideas

Weather permitting, what is the plan for this wednesday? Met service say fine spells with morning and evening drizzle...guess that means look outside the window haha

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    Anyway. ............ Anyone for a tomorrow? Something fairly short and local.

BK 12.00 for 12.30.
    Might pop down on the 'Alp today and see what happens.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Beautiful machines

Video from Tuesday

Hey kids, here's the video from last Tuesdays ride.
    [video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe3kFwaPbVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe3kFwaPbVg[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    4 of us had a nice quiet cruise up to the Summit, down Gebbies and out to Little River for lunch.
    Lot's of traffic on the flat.
    When we left for home I went 'the other way' which was really nice and quiet (hardly any traffic) until somewhere near Teddington.
    Western Valley Road is really nice right now too, more dirt than gravel.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Thread Information