Page 65 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    xr650
    You lucky you did not get caught and done for DIC spuds - girlfriend and I got off with a warning on the Gold Coast
    when the fuzz snapped us out cause she was wobbling all over the place on the treadlie, I said to them
    you got to be joking "DIC on a pushbike" one of them replied we have even done a drunk guy in a wheelchair.

Prob same law here with most copied from overseas - drunk in charge of a vehicle - at a guess does not have to be motorised

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by brp View Post
    You lucky you did not get caught and done for DIC spuds - girlfriend and I got off with a warning on the Gold Coast
    when the fuzz snapped us out cause she was wobbling all over the place on the treadlie, I said to them
    you got to be joking "DIC on a pushbike" one of them replied we have even done a drunk guy in a wheelchair.

Prob same law here with most copied from overseas - drunk in charge of a vehicle - at a guess does not have to be motorised
    yup and includes a horse and a cart pulled by a goat!
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Subike View Post
    yup and includes a horse and a cart pulled by a goat!
    Bloody goats
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Perhaps I was, but even if I had I wouldn't have been worried about it. I'd rather fall off a bike at a slow speed (or get done for DIC) and only injure myself rather than drive and potentially kill someone else.

Bike
    GSX1400
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    There was a beer festival at Riccarton Bush in the weekend just been where I spent and drank way to much (totally worth it at the time). Jumped on the push bike to head home and well didn't quite make it. I dont remember anything about the crash but from what I can figure from my injuries, I probably wobbled the front wheel into the gutter and curbed it.

There is no damage to my hands so I think I must have decided to go down with the ship so to speak (never let go of the handlebars until I hit the ground). Bounced off my left hip (bloody good bruise that one!), and and left shoulder (broken collar bone) and rolled over probably once to scrape my right elbow and ankle a wee bit. Finished up on my back in a garden. Woke up to a lady on the phone to an ambulance and got to spend the night in the hospital.

Not a bad weekend really.
    I also went to the beer festival by bicycle and imbibed too much beer and spent too much money. I then went to a party and continued to consume alcohol.

Sunday morning I wake up (at home). No idea how I got there and I'm yet to find my bicycle, somewhat strangely I have no bruises.

Best of luck with the recovery dude.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully Clown View Post
    I also went to the beer festival by bicycle and imbibed too much beer and spent too much money. I then went to a party and continued to consume alcohol.

Sunday morning I wake up (at home). No idea how I got there and I'm yet to find my bicycle, somewhat strangely I have no bruises.

Haha, what a good afternoon it was and how nice was the beer!

Good luck finding your bike.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    I sense a business opportunity, GPS trackers for drunk people who lose their bicycles.

Mind you, it once took me half a day to find my car, after I woke up under a small shrubbery in hagley park, I still can't remember parking it.......
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    08 harley fxdf

some one i knew has done that

Quote Originally Posted by Mully Clown View Post

some one i knew has done that
    however when he came back with out the bikes replacment and no pants a few months later was a different story

Bike
    xr650
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    Was I on another planet PT or didn't it rain where you are???

So did anyone go for a ride last night??? If so where to please??

Anyone else aside from WTK want to go for on Sunday. Maybe have fish and chips for lunch????(Akaroa)

BK 12.00 for 12.30.
    I'll be there !

Weather forecast showing just some light rain briefly midday.

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/weather/wea...ail.aspx?wla=5

Could go to top of port hills turn right and cut thru back of gebbies etc ?

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by brp View Post

Can't get done EBA on a push bike over here, so you'll be fine. Just don't do anything stupid like wobble all over the road, ride without a helmet, ride without lights at night, run red lights etc and the cops can't do anything to you.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Can't get done EBA on a push bike over here, so you'll be fine. Just don't do anything stupid like wobble all over the road, ride without a helmet, ride without lights at night, run red lights etc and the cops can't do anything to you.
    Are you entirely sure of that? After all you can be done for riding a push bike and talking on a mobile phone.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Are you entirely sure of that? After all you can be done for riding a push bike and talking on a mobile phone.
    Hands free for push bikes?????

Anyway weather looks good for tomorrow, anyone for a fish and chip lunch??? (Akaroa)

BK 12.00 for 12.30.

Just remember to bring your hands free ???????.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Your mom
    I ride my push bike pissed as fuck just about every weekend in the early hours of the morning. I've been passed by numerous cops and haven't had any issues. I'll take my chances.

I always wear a helmet, have lights on the bike, ride on the far left of the road etc so I don't ride like a muppet swerving all over the road.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    I ride my push bike pissed as fuck just about every weekend in the early hours of the morning. I've been passed by numerous cops and haven't had any issues. I'll take my chances.

I always wear a helmet, have lights on the bike, ride on the far left of the road etc so I don't ride like a muppet swerving all over the road.
    Ah so you can be done, you just haven't been an issue for them to do so.

Bike
    Your mom
    Ah so you can be done, you just haven't been an issue for them to do so.
    If someone were to be swerving all over the road because they're too pissed to be riding in a straight line then they can be taken into custody for detox, but not charged for EBA. It's the same as if someone is walking on the sidewalk but they're too drunk to walk properly.

I haven't been able to find any law in NZ which states something to the effect of "thou shalt not ride a pushbike on a public road whilst intoxicated". I've had this argument with plenty of people before, but none of them have been able to provide me with evidence of any such legislation.

Thread Information