Page 5 of 204 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freespaceage View Post
    He he, my son had the same problem as we didn't realise it's still getting dark early. Had to ride back with his visor up - thankfully wasn't hungry when he got home as he ate enough bugs on the way home. They were out in force - summer is definitely on the way.
    I know the feeling, I had a few in my helmet as well!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    ...Note to self, make sure to fit clear visor next week. Was a tad dark on way home....
    Quote Originally Posted by Freespaceage View Post
    He he, my son had the same problem as we didn't realise it's still getting dark early......
    I post this every year, can't believe people are still doing that and I even posted a reminder on the Wednesday night meet up thread a week before this thread started.
    Face palm is right... not a big deal I guess, just saying is all... and it gets cold too a lot of evenings this time of year, pack that extra layer.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Speed Triple R

Geeze, the seasons barely started and already the flames are up to my ankles..

You better believe it nanny Tranny (didn't see your informational posting on the other thread - perhaps posting in this thread would be the go next year). Will be prepared for next week...

.. and thanks to all those who offered loan helmets... even if they didn't belong to them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I post this every year, can't believe people are still doing that and I even posted a reminder on the Wednesday night meet up thread a week before this thread started.
    Face palm is right... not a big deal I guess, just saying is all... and it gets cold too a lot of evenings this time of year, pack that extra layer.
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post

.. and thanks to all those who offered loan helmets... even if they didn't belong to them lol.
    aleast you didn't mention any names....

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Was a good fun ride, nice to be on the bike again!
    (and it was even nice to see you lot too!)

Definitely in love with that new Nightster

Video's up too:

http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post

Video's up too:

That camera is pretty good peeteey, massive step froward from your first trails , that had wires ,hard drives, tape and a crank handle.......
    What sort of dosh for a setup like that? .....could have many uses being pov

Notice for offer of $25 for my bike hasn't risen from last time either lol . Going good at mo, just done a carb mod and fitted new air cleaner, ......must be aleast worth $50 now......

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Video's up too:

Nice vid Peeteey, and wow, those new pipes sure do make a hell of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    That camera is pretty good peeteey, massive step froward from your first trails , that had wires ,hard drives, tape and a crank handle.......
    Bout $400 if you buy in NZ.. the exchange rate isn't so good right now, so you'll only save about $40 buying from the states instead.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries

Video's up too:

Great vid Peeteey! Can honestly say that I didn't think that I was that fast, felt I was going slow. is nice to be out and about again!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Bike
    2007 Yamaha TDM 900

vgygrwr

Bit slow to post but great evening for riding wasn't too cold on the way home. Couple of group shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sept 28 Select Group 1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	247667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Second Stop.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	247668  

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgygrwr View Post
    Bit slow to post but great evening for riding wasn't too cold on the way home. Couple of group shots
    Fantastic! Cheers!
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Beautiful machines

Notice for offer of $25 for my bike hasn't risen from last time either lol . Going good at mo, just done a carb mod and fitted new air cleaner, ......must be aleast worth $50 now......
    Yea man, I think my early vids should be in some kind of museum or something tho the crank handle was useful for hitting smartarses over the head with ...
    As for the $25, all I can say is depreciation!

Quote Originally Posted by Buyasta View Post
    Nice vid Peeteey, and wow, those new pipes sure do make a hell of a difference.
    Yea man, my ears aren't ringing for days after a ride any more!
    You coming along next week, haven't seen you in donkeys yonks ...

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhoenix View Post
    Great vid Peeteey! Can honestly say that I didn't think that I was that fast, felt I was going slow. is nice to be out and about again!
    Was nice to be on a bike again huh? I've really missed it. As for your speed, what's new? I've always had trouble keeping up with you even when you were on your 250 but now, well, we'll never see each other apart from the beginning and end of the rides

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    You coming along next week, haven't seen you in donkeys yonks ...
    Sadly not anytime soon - the WOF on my bike expired a few months back, and it needs a bunch of work to get a new one, so I'm saving up, but it'll probably be a while before it's back on the road.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Was nice to be on a bike again huh? I've really missed it. As for your speed, what's new? I've always had trouble keeping up with you even when you were on your 250 but now, well, we'll never see each other apart from the beginning and end of the rides
    God yes! Bike is awesome and have spent the last couple of months building up the confidence. Oh I remember a few times that you have overtaken me when I was going really slow (yeah me, slow!)

Bugger Buyusta, hope you get back to us soon!

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Buyasta View Post
    Sadly not anytime soon - the WOF on my bike expired a few months back, and it needs a bunch of work to get a new one, so I'm saving up, but it'll probably be a while before it's back on the road.
    Have missed your friendly smiling face. Hope we will see you soon.

Hmmmmmmmm. ......... Whar's happening with the weather later today??????? Getting cabin fever. might have to go for a .

BK 11.00 for 11.30.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    aleast you didn't mention any names....
    That's right, no names lol.

So to anyone heading to the ride on Wednesday - heed Transalpers advice, and my (and Freespaceage's son) bad visor experiences, and use or take a clear visor /sunnies on the rides. OK? End of.
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Thread Information