Page 1 of 204 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors

Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Canterbury Wednesday Night Ride

Meet at Burger King Moorhouse 6.00pm for departure at 6.30pm.

This is not a race from point A to point B. If you want to "see how fast you can go" then please just go somewhere else.

Learners are most welcome on these runs, just let the organiser know who you are so we can assign a helper to ride with you at your pace.

As a lot of our favourite haunts are munted, have our members given thought to other destinations?????? ...........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Old favourites still functioning

Duvauchelles-Akaroa.
    Oxford.
    Greta valley Pub.
    Taitap Pub.
    Little River Pub.
    Wheatsheaf.
    And anywhere else anybody can come up with.

We don't like rules but!!!

1. Rider Responsibility
    It is the responsibility of each and every rider to ride safely and within their abilities. If any rider acts in a dangerous manner then they will be asked to leave. Remember, you not only put yourself at danger but also the other riders and the general public. If you do not understand this then do not come.

2. Rider Assistance
    At the car park we’ll ask that riders who would like some one on one help will be asked to put their hands up and we’ll ask some of the more experienced riders to provide that help. Please don’t be shy. This is an excellent opportunity to ride with and learn from people who have many decades of riding under their belts.

3. Leader
    The cruisy group will have a lead rider appointed each week. Obviously it will be someone with reasonable skill so as to not piss everyone off. The leader will stop at the pre-determined regroup points and wait for the entire group to arrive before departing. Please give the leader a little space. If they are not travelling fast enough for you then overtake them and leave the group. We will see you at our destination.

4. Tail End Charlie
    A TEC will also be determined as a safety measure.No body will ever be left behind on these runs.

5. Rossi clones
    If you wish to do your own thing then feel free, but please leave a bit earlier, before the rest of the group!! We'll see you at the pub (and we expect some beers waiting for us when we arive). There's nothing worse than someone trying to be Rossi and carving up the slower riders to get to the front. That's when accidents happen. Leave first, ride hard and do not place the other's at risk. If we find you in a ditch we will provide first aid until the ambulance arives, but do not expect any sympathy on the web afterwards. If we find you talking to Mr Plod we will take and post photos.

Disclaimer: Neither myself, nor any other participant is responsible for another rider's actions. Each rider is responsible for their own riding.

Most of this was copied from Pheonixgtr, thanks Tristan.

Gloplg.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Been looking forward to this one for most of winter.

Must be time to sort out rego and insurance on the bike I think.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Was wondering if these would carry on.

I'll have a chat to the boss and see if we can do fish and chips here at Hampton Honda after a few rides!

Might be in the market for a wee classic at some stage of summer (or a track car) but we'll see what happens...
    Can I scream?

Bike
    2011 Harley Softail Blackline
    Thanks for starting the thread Glo. Looking forward to the rides and catching up with you all again.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Freespaceage View Post
    Thanks for starting the thread Glo. Looking forward to the rides and catching up with you all again.
    No Probs.

Due to work (the curse of the motorcycling class) I will not be able to go on most of the rides. I might have to continue riding on sundays.

You folk enjoy yourselves and ride safely.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    CB900 Honda Hornet
    Blog Entries
    hi all
    since paul (cruza) and i have split, i'm now selling my motorbike (on trademe search kawasaki er500)........ enjoy your rides. thanks to all the lovely awesome people i've met over the last couple of years and PARTY ON
    cheers, kelly
    Cherish. Love. Laugh. Hope. Dream. Believe.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Sorry to hear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by rumgirl View Post
    i'm now selling my motorbike (on trademe search kawasaki er500)
    Dont make any hasty decisions though.

Bike
    Why don't we start another thread for summer Sunday rides - I'm sure quite a few people would like to come if they cannot make the Wed ride and especially if the weather is great?

Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    No Probs.

Due to work (the curse of the motorcycling class) I will not be able to go on most of the rides. I might have to continue riding on sundays.

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    Argh that's no good GP. looking forward to the wnrs starting again in whatever form they take.

Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    No Probs.

These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    Argh that's no good GP. looking forward to the wnrs starting again in whatever form they take.
    As long as we can get everyone going in the same direction, and avoid the bitching about what that direction should be, it should be a good summer.

Looking forward to something to do on a wednesday night now that the mountain bike night racing is finished
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    I promise to behave!
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    I promise to behave!
    what on the road or in the pub?

Working on a kicksart wed nite stuff, maybe afterwork barbie etc first few weeks, talked to a few people who seem to be interested. Kb stuff really died off during winter, shame our queen of party's split town..........but i guess we could honour her with a dr650 bar....... knew i brought it for some reason

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Also looking forward to this! Must get the bike organised.
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    what on the road or in the pub?

Working on a kicksart wed nite stuff, maybe afterwork barbie etc first few weeks, talked to a few people who seem to be interested.
    That sounds awesome! I'm keen, anything to do with saussies, white bread and tomato sauce and I'm in really ...
    Oh, and lashings of butter on the bread

MMmmm

Oh yea, and you lot
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Got my bike today - took it for a ride. I'm in love............................. Can't wait for the Wednesday night rides.

Thread Information