Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Bimota YB8 Postie project sees the light of day

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Found the issue with the missfire, as it occured again at the Barry Sheen Festival at Hampton Downs in Oct 2012, - water in the ECU box was the issue. There are two small air vent holes in the old-school ECU's , and these are big enough to let water in - and cause the intermittent running.
    Fitted Metzeler slicks for the barry Sheene event also - and we went slightly quicker on those than our previous best on the bike, although having the aussie contingent there helped with the motivation as well.
    Next thing is to fiddle with the seat / bar / footpeg position on the bike to improve its turn in and balance.
    GW

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    The YB8 is on her way to a new owner come the new year, so I wont have a chance to complete her ultimate development. The new Australian based owner will hopefully use her for the job that the Italians designed her to do.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    That bike is rolling Thunder! Ace job on that bike mate

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    do you think it will be as fast as my Postie?.......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    The YB8 is on her way to a new owner come the new year, so I wont have a chance to complete her ultimate development. The new Australian based owner will hopefully use her for the job that the Italians designed her to do.
    You have done a great job developing that bike, its a shame she's going to Aussie. Whats the next project???
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    You have done a great job developing that bike, its a shame she's going to Aussie. Whats the next project???
    I'm expecting Glen to roll out Eddie Lawsons 89 title winning NSR500 out the pit garage, then start modifying it!!!

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I'm expecting Glen to roll out Eddie Lawsons 89 title winning NSR500 out the pit garage, then start modifying it!!!
    Nah, Honda made me sign a contract and it cant be run on a racetrack.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    So what is next then in your Postie career?

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    So what is next then in your Postie career?
    As far as building a bike again is concerned, I probably would do it only if the class went to a national title style format, or at least a mini series with recognised national titles per class etc.

I suspect that it will take a long time to get to that level (if ever), as the classes regional events are supported mostly by localised competitors who are in it for reasons of nostalgia and fun factor, which isnt yet my "cup of tea".

Currently the "one of" or "spot events" that are held and do attract higher level riders are not frequent enough to hold my personal interest in maintaining the bike. - So someone else can get to enjoy her !

So when i get bored, - can i borrow the OW01 Al ?

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Yeah, nah....big enough cheque and you can own it though! (everything is for sale at the right price eh!!)

You'd get bored though, only 100 bhp at the contact patch as it is currently (stock).

Bike
    Exercycle
    As far as building a bike again is concerned, I probably would do it only if the class went to a national title style format, or at least a mini series with recognised national titles per class etc.

I suspect that it will take a long time to get to that level (if ever), as the classes regional events are supported mostly by localised competitors who are in it for reasons of nostalgia and fun factor, which isnt yet my "cup of tea".

Currently the "one of" or "spot events" that are held and do attract higher level riders are not frequent enough to hold my personal interest in maintaining the bike. - So someone else can get to enjoy her !

IMO pre 82's are more likely to get some sort of National title first. All the SI street meetings run that class whereas pre 89 is a bit of a rarity down here.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    So does this mean we're gonna see the 1198 get a guernsey? (doo eet Dooglass!)

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    So does this mean we're gonna see the 1198 get a guernsey? (doo eet Dooglass!)
    No, i have learnt my lesson with one Italian lady already, - you are still young and uninitiated obviously...... :-) BTW, well done on making the effort to go down south again Spud - its a great little circus aye.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Yeah, nah....big enough cheque and you can own it though! (everything is for sale at the right price eh!!)

You'd get bored though, only 100 bhp at the contact patch as it is currently (stock).
    Yeah a hundy aint gonna cut it....... :-)

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Nah, Honda made me sign a contract and it cant be run on a racetrack.
    Do you really have a bike like this in your garage/living room?

Sounds like sugilite is taking the piss, but Glen's answer appears so matter of fact.... surely it can't be true?!

Thread Information