Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimota YB8 Postie project sees the light of day

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    First ride in anger on the YB8 just happened over the weekend at the 1st round of the Tr-Series (Hampton Downs). Bike ran very well, its a little bit snappy on the throttle and needs some work on the front end to help it turn into the corners better, - but overall pretty pleasing. Didnt quite crack into the 1.09s lap times but ran very close.
    Looking like rain for manfield so will be intersting to see how she handles the wet !
    GW

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Shit Glen, 2.6 seconds faster than 2nd placed "not a slouch" Eddie on your 1st hit out, dang!
    A: I'm amazed you stayed awake long enough to get to the finish line, and B: Kinda blows holes in your Bimota just a bit better than an FZR1000 theory!
    Must have been kinda boring for you?

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Shit Glen, 2.6 seconds faster than 2nd placed "not a slouch" Eddie on your 1st hit out, dang!
    A: I'm amazed you stayed awake long enough to get to the finish line, and B: Kinda blows holes in your Bimota just a bit better than an FZR1000 theory!
    glen went 3 sec's a lap faster on his fzr 1000 at manfeild than the next best. the bimota is still a sec off so time will tell this weekend if he can out do it

Bike
    suzuki
    so what was the issue with the starts seemed a bit slow getting off the line to me?

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    so what was the issue with the starts seemed a bit slow getting off the line to me?
    Haha, yeah she has the worst clutch in history, dont xpect any better at manfield.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    nah, never got a chance toi ride the Fizzer at Hampton unfortunatley, but the brakes are a bit better on the bimota aye, so times shoould be better.
    Have done 11's in practice at Manfield on the FZR, dunno if the Bimmmer has that in her , but would hope so. :-0
    So when is the ZXR turning up ya long streak of weasle piss ? ;-) , Paul Pav says he is building a ZX as well ?
    GW

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Bluddy hell, must be a bit of a mind bender climbing off the GP-esque SVR onto the heavy hitting Bimota, eh? And Mr Kattenburg is doing a great job of peddling that FZR, so great effort on your part mate.

Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Now now spud, my shed can only fit a certain amount of bikes.......... , what are your thoughts machinery-wiseon joining us in the retired-old-folk series?. I know where there is a pretty good 851 Duke....... ?

GW
    Hmmmmm, just saw this, an 851 definitely gets the juices flowing, will talk to you at Manfeild....hopefully the missus will use the phone book when she beats some sense into me and the bruises won't show.....

Bike
    Exercycle
    Great that you've finally got the beast out and running. Now plan next year's trip South....

At the Burt Munro, Sid Chaloner brought out the ex Stroud,ex team Super Angel OW01 now with a OW/FZR1000 composite motor fitted.
    Sid admits to 165hp on the dyno from this one.....it simply left everything behind.

This sort of performance difference is only to be expected in the early stages of a class

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Great that you've finally got the beast out and running. Now plan next year's trip South....

At the Burt Munro, Sid Chaloner brought out the ex Stroud,ex team Super Angel OW01 now with a OW/FZR1000 composite motor fitted.
    Sid admits to 165hp on the dyno from this one.....it simply left everything behind.

This sort of performance difference is only to be expected in the early stages of a class

I agree, these types of bikes will hopefully add to the spectacle of the class and also attract quick (ish) riders that otherwise may not have given it a second thought.
    GW

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Bluddy hell, must be a bit of a mind bender climbing off the GP-esque SVR onto the heavy hitting Bimota, eh? And Mr Kattenburg is doing a great job of peddling that FZR, so great effort on your part mate.

Hmmmmm, just saw this, an 851 definitely gets the juices flowing, will talk to you at Manfeild....hopefully the missus will use the phone book when she beats some sense into me and the bruises won't show.....
    There was one ex Japan at a very reasnoble $6500, - but no doubt there will be plenty still available.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    glen went 3 sec's a lap faster on his fzr 1000 at manfeild than the next best. the bimota is still a sec off so time will tell this weekend if he can out do it
    If Glen stops halfway through the race for a trackside cuppa and a paper read, then it's going to be a close race

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Wink

If Glen stops halfway through the race for a trackside cuppa and a paper read, then it's going to be a close race
    you better get out there and show him what a real bike can do

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    nah, never got a chance toi ride the Fizzer at Hampton unfortunatley, but the brakes are a bit better on the bimota aye, so times shoould be better.
    Have done 11's in practice at Manfield on the FZR, dunno if the Bimmmer has that in her , but would hope so. :-0
    So when is the ZXR turning up ya long streak of weasle piss ? ;-) , Paul Pav says he is building a ZX as well ?
    GW
    I resent that weasel piss statement, it's ferret, there is a difference! Currently my engine builder is packing three seasons of racing experience into one and is a busy boy!!! But I will start the chassis very early jan, and I hope to have something running by march, and ready to race and further develop by April. The longer I wait though, the better the parts I seem to find. Just took delivery of my race kit close ratio box a few days ago, not many of those about these days and it looks brand new Got ma H2 arm as well.
    As you know I like to be at the pointi-ish end of the field, and when I heard about the Eddie vs Dave Cole battle at Taupo, I thought I may be in with a chance, till I saw your hampton times I know people think i run green blood, but these blardy H1's keep throwing themselves at me, yet another one is trying to slip in as I write this! Why can't they be GSXR11's and 750's lol My bike at most will make 125 hp, and still be heavier than these 165+ hp 1000's that are turning up. Guess I'll just run the 750 and take it from there, I do have a hankering to build a big bore 7/11 at some stage in the future. I have fond memories of my 1100K

So Pav might be building one too, wonder if he would like my gpx parts

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    you better get out there and show him what a real bike can do
    W

What? Would he lend me the Bimota!

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    W

What? Would he lend me the Bimota!
    come on zxr rulz the wast land you know you want to put one over codgyoleracer he he l would backs out lol. did u race a cbr 600 once?

Thread Information