Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bimota YB8 Postie project sees the light of day

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    come on zxr rulz the wast land you know you want to put one over codgyoleracer he he l would backs out lol. did u race a cbr 600 once?
    Crazyman, - if you ever put a less than 20 year old set of tyres on your 7 fiddy, i will borrow that one day & see if the results change at all, would be a good experiment.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    2nd round of the Tri-Series done and dusted. Bike ran well all day again, conditions were unfortunatley rather cool & track temps not there i felt. Got the usual rubbish starts in both races and then worked our way to the front. Great riding by Eddie kattenburg, hanging in there for most of the race for a much closer finish than at hampton downs. The Metzeler treaded tyres seem to be up to the task in the cooler conditions and i had no tearing of the rubber front or rear, although the Ohlins suspension fitted no doubt had an affect also.
    Looking forward to Wanganui now !
    GW

Bike
    A few
    Though i couldn't get up there to watch (licenceless) i seen the racing via livetiming and ya looked good out there Glen, some close stuff, edge of the seat material lol

Yes i was nice and warm in front of the PC too .
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Tri-Series now done and dusted with 3rd and final round at Wanganui on 26th December 2011. The Bimota ran faultlessly and the Metzeler treaded tyres suited the track well.
    There were some minor issues such as the Flatisde carburettors on a stop start track like Wangas not promoting smooth throttle control,. Also my time was spent elswhere sorting out my F3 bike and we pretty much ignored any suspension set up changes to the Ohlins gear on the Bimnota, this resulted in a slow s steering & slightly ponderous "feeling" Bimota YB8 with lap times slower than last year on the FZR1000.
    Bad luck to Eddie Kattenburg on his FZR1000 for crashing out and ending his day in practice, and a thumbs up to Sean Donnely & Steve Bridge for putting up some good competition !
    I have made some notes on what to do handling-wise , but other than that the bike will have the dust cover thrown over it until Paeroa 2012 & then it will have a rest until late next year.
    Thanks to KSS suspension for the help in the series and Scott Griffith for pit bitching and having the hardest job (pushing the bikes).
    GW

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    It was great to see Steve and Sean giving you a run - even ahead of you for a lap or two, then I think you got both of them in one lap ?

It's great seeing something so unique out there doing the bizzo Glen.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Take the Bimota to the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek in March 2012. They are extending the track to a full 4.5 Km.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    It was great to see Steve and Sean giving you a run - even ahead of you for a lap or two, then I think you got both of them in one lap ?

It's great seeing something so unique out there doing the bizzo Glen.
    Thanks Deano, Wanganui typically keeps the competion pretty close & some years depending on your in the right frame of mind you can go a lot slower or a lot quicker it seems.
    Still enjoyed the event - and the big 6 0 next year so should be a cracker.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    Take the Bimota to the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek in March 2012. They are extending the track to a full 4.5 Km.
    Maybe, when i truely retire :-)

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    The Bimota finally got to get a run at the 2012 Paeroa street race, (The FZR broke down last year there) & this year the Bimota decided to run as a triple until 5min before going out for the first race. Great day, excellent racing and plenty of joe blo public interest in the YB8. Its a neat bike to ride / own and the handling is improving every time we ride it. heads up to KSS on the suspension front and Warren Bridger (engine builder) for sorting out the bike.
    GW

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Missfire turned out to be a dodgy sparkplug cap, apparently you need a spark to make each cylinder go BANG!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Missfire turned out to be a dodgy sparkplug cap, apparently you need a spark to make each cylinder go BANG!
    Oh! And here was me thinking diesels didnt have spark plugs,Go figure

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Oh! And here was me thinking diesels didnt have spark plugs,Go figure
    Some of them still do have a sparky thing you know, but thats pretty new technology for you aye (new fandangled stuff 1996 onward.........).

BTW - have you put any petrol in your diesel lately ?, one of the boys just did it to our work truck - and then wondered why it was shaking so much as he drove off for his deliveries.......

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    I see the YB8 was going pretty well yesterday.....
    Well done GW.

Looking forward to more racing (on the computer) today...

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    I see the YB8 was going pretty well yesterday.....
    Well done GW.

Looking forward to more racing (on the computer) today...

Yeah, she was handling pretty well & the treaded Metzelers are suprisingly grippy aye, compared to the slicks i used to run. We managed to bust a 1.09 - which was the goal for the weekend. There was a great turn-out for the meeting and Peter Smith & Duxbury both rode real well in Pre89 Senior. Eddie Kattenburg , was also there and impressed also considering he had quite a hard crash at Wanganui!

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    The Bimota got to have its first play at the Taupo race-circuit on 25.3.12, and am ashamed to say that it went around the track quicker than my Formula3 SV 650 bike....... ,,,, She certainly is stable mid-corner and the fettling to the suspension internals by KSS has further improved the bike.
    We had a DNF in one race though , when she decided to have a hissy-fit half way around the first lap of the 2nd race, she sounded like someone had set off 20,000 doublehappies in my exhaust system! , never found out what was wrong and she ran perfect for the last race and we cracked into the 1.37's for laptime.

Thread Information