Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimota YB8 Postie project sees the light of day

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    I'll see you there, but as a spectator. I've decided to drop the tri series this year as I aim to take the Gixxer to Phillip Island in January for the Island Classic and can't afford to do both.
    I look forward to seeing the Bimota on the track.
    What you need is less hp, Less hp = Less tyre wear / Fuel use / mainteneance / Laundry (dirty undies), Which all = Less cost = More racing :-)

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    What you need is less hp, Less hp = Less tyre wear / Fuel use / mainteneance / Laundry (dirty undies), Which all = Less cost = More racing :-)
    To be honest (which I always am) the bike is no quicker in a straight line than it was last year. I think the dyno results were dodgy.
    It could be because by bike is still around the 200kg mark and the rider is 10kgs heavier too.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    To be honest (which I always am) the bike is no quicker in a straight line than it was last year. I think the dyno results were dodgy.
    It could be because by bike is still around the 200kg mark and the rider is 10kgs heavier too.
    whos dyno l know of one up your way thats way out

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Thumbs down

A dicky bird tells me that the low auckland boys have contacted bimota factory. god some people will drop so low to try anything to not let that bike out. thought it was about getting as meany bikes out there as possable!!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...we want to see it down here...sounds legal to us...we had a bunch of posties out at the Wigram Revival Meeting at Ruapuna on the weekend...39 of us on 63's thru to 89's...sounds all fucked up but we got away with probably 50 plus laps with only two offs all weekend...Dennis Ireland on a GS1000, John Beck on the RG500, Patrick Jones on an FZR 1000 and everything else you can imagine....Scout Fletcher was out on a Pre89 125...finished up in the top 6 all weekend...the car club put up a marquee for us...we felt rather special for being a support class for the cars...

http://youtu.be/rtdrZG7u1cQ

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMSec View Post
    ...we want to see it down here...sounds legal to us...we had a bunch of posties out at the Wigram Revival Meeting at Ruapuna on the weekend...39 of us on 63's thru to 89's...sounds all fucked up but we got away with probably 50 plus laps with only two offs all weekend...Dennis Ireland on a GS1000, John Beck on the RG500, Patrick Jones on an FZR 1000 and everything else you can imagine....Scout Fletcher was out on a Pre89 125...finished up in the top 6 all weekend...the car club put up a marquee for us...we felt rather special for being a support class for the cars...

http://youtu.be/rtdrZG7u1cQ
    Great Vid, did i spy a CB1100R there ?

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    A dicky bird tells me that the low auckland boys have contacted bimota factory. god some people will drop so low to try anything to not let that bike out. thought it was about getting as meany bikes out there as possable!!
    HaHa, I just heard about that :-0, Takes a bit of effort to build up a bike like this and i would hope that it gets too see the light of day!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    HaHa, I just heard about that :-0, Takes a bit of effort to build up a bike like this and i would hope that it gets too see the light of day!
    You just keep building oh orange one,The rulebook clearly states year of manufacture and if it was at the Milan show in 89,It must have been manufactured in 89,Right???

Leave it to the roadrace commission at MNZ they enforce the rules,Not the NZPCRA.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Great Vid, did i spy a CB1100R there ?
    Yeah, that's Rob Lewis's one - which he'd allowed brother Bill to ride.....he just hadn't warned him that the brakes would go away after two laps.....
    When Rob turned up on Sunday it was funny to watch if you weren't involved....

Dennis Ireland quite enjoyed our GS1000 - but doesn't have a burning desire to race posties unfortunately. If an RG fell into his hands maybe.....

Keep building the Bim....we'll make you an honorary Mainlander if necessary.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

You can have him fulltime if you want,He just doesn't fit in in the pig island anyway,Constantly causes trouble LOL

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Yeah, that's Rob Lewis's one - which he'd allowed brother Bill to ride.....he just hadn't warned him that the brakes would go away after two laps.....
    When Rob turned up on Sunday it was funny to watch if you weren't involved....

Dennis Ireland quite enjoyed our GS1000 - but doesn't have a burning desire to race posties unfortunately. If an RG fell into his hands maybe.....

Thats some nice gear & some cool riders ya got there mate!. My wife was born in Roxburgh, so i have one foot in the door. :-)

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    You can have him fulltime if you want,He just doesn't fit in in the pig island anyway,Constantly causes trouble LOL
    I see a bit of pot calling kettle black in that one ;-), Are we still allowed to use that analogy in this PC world ?

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    You just keep building oh orange one,The rulebook clearly states year of manufacture and if it was at the Milan show in 89,It must have been manufactured in 89,Right???

Leave it to the roadrace commission at MNZ they enforce the rules,Not the NZPCRA.
    But what if it was just a cardboard cutout ?
    Last edited by codgyoleracer; 8th November 2011 at 22:47. Reason: spelling

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Have you got a handle on exactly what classes you're looking at running? Is this Post-89 carb'd malarkey getting a guernsey? Sounds like a hoot and I might be able to slip enough parts past the missus under cover of darkness and subterfuge in a year and a bit to cobble something raceable together.......
    I know where there is a pretty trick FZR1000 frame, - would be a good starting point.........

Bike
    89 zxr400
    trick meanin bimota fzr1000?? also if you wanna be a right c**t about it have you got a frame number that matches the 89 manufacturing time line as only a few were made at the end of 89... yet no one has rasied that question.. maybe alot like the bimota.
    just stiring the pot a little bit more no wonder i have no mates haha.
    Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Thread Information