Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full license test tips wanted

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by sleemanj View Post
    Not really, many maybe even most people have fairly irrational fears when it comes to taking tests. Besides, nothing wrong with diligent research!

Good on #1 for getting themselves legal, I'm sure they'll do fine.
    Thanks buddy, yes gotta do the due diligence...tests always remind me of the chance of failure...but i try to survive on the chance of victory...which im looking forward to.
    The RICH man is one who has true friends!

Bike
    750 auw
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy beast View Post
    Wahh!!!...should i do the same i wonder...does it say anywhere that you have to bring a 250 for the test.
    Nah mate don't turn up on anything over a 2fiddy.

The full story is I'd done a direct access course (1 week training on a 500cc bike = full licence) in the UK 8 months before hand and while legally allowed to ride the 600 I had to resit the NZ test because of some legal stuff.

It was a laugh though, the look on his face when I pulled in was priceless!

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R

I passed i passsed.....wohooooooooooooooo

Hey, just came back from the FULL test....i passed.

That 250 was wobbly man...but got the hang of it in the end.

Thanks all for the good advise. Im going riding....
    The RICH man is one who has true friends!

Bike
    2005 Ducati Monster S4R
    I just done my full the other day after riding for over 10 years, it's easy best advice is to relax and just ride like you usually do. I like to pretend that I'm being followed by a cop, does the trick.

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio Z 225

Howick full license test

Hi guys,

I did my full license test in Howick yesterday and passed it in 10 min!

The instructor was very patient. But just make sure you listen to him clearly on the head set they provide you. I have attached the test route in here.

Just make sure you turn your head to look while turning and moving lanes, and remember to turn your indicator on AND off! and follow the give way signs, and stop at both give way and stop zones. He made me ride only for 10 mins, so you should be cool as long as you keep it nice and slow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full License- Test Route.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	300727  

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ 400
    Quote Originally Posted by itmahesh View Post

I did my full license test and passed it in 10 min!

And this explains why the the standard of riding/driving is so shoddy here...

Any motorway/highway 100kph and overtaking in your test?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    (Still not capable of getting my knee down to scoop up doggie doos on the apex of a bend; must still be doing something not quite right...)
    Down here in Paradise ... we have trained the dog's properly.

NO doggie doo in any corner apex. Did you not notice that when you's were down here ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio Z 225
    Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post

Any motorway/highway 100kph and overtaking in your test?
    nope, the highest speed limit was 60kph in Chapel road.. so it was basically 50 and 60 zones.. and no hazard detections either, as they did not have a mike for me to talk back.. so all I had to do after hearing the instructors instructions was to nod my head!

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio Z 225
    Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post

well, I will have to agree to that.. last week a friend of mine had to sit her restricted car license at the same location and they failed her for being "too cautious" - that too on a rainy day!! and this guy told her she can do upto 40 in a 30 zone! like they write their rode code right there!

and my instructor was driving his car in 40 in a 60 zone, when i was trying to maintain exactly 60, as I didn't want to be failed for "too cautious" too!

so, it totally depends on the instructor you get on that day, and the mood they are in.. !

Bike
    Between bikes
    Should have done it via CBTA
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I did mine in Oamaru.
    Mr Plod got cut off by a truck which he pulled over.

Test was for the 300 meters prior to the truck cutting him off.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio Z 225
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Should have done it via CBTA
    Well, I have been riding motorcycle for more than 10 years now.. and most of those years were in India where riding a motorcycle is like swimming alongside crocodiles (the big speeding trucks)! So i hope I have gained enough practice to get my full license in here too

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by itmahesh View Post
    Well, I have been riding motorcycle for more than 10 years now.. and most of those years were in India where riding a motorcycle is like swimming alongside crocodiles (the big speeding trucks)! So i hope I have gained enough practice to get my full license in here too
    Objective assessment never hurts. Do a Ride Forever course and you can turn your hoping into knowing. They're like 50 bucks with the subsidy, and it's a great excuse to go for a ride (just tell the Missus it's a safety course....)

Bet all those trucks are great for sweeping roads clean huh!
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Post Basic handling skill's

My instructor told me not to find out how the bike performs, just do what he asks…. naturally i had to repeat myself because i was trying to find critical brake point and avoid it so as not to skid…..

Thought that a bit odd. like I'm ever going to buy a bike and go full tit in the wet (similar thing isn't it?)

As for turning up on a 600 haha cool
    How do i delete my KB account?

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    Definittely DO NOT cross the lanes especially when cornering, they will have at least 1 or 2 twisties (Fun!), obey the speed limit, dont go above or below 10 of the speed limit, check that rear view mirror (also to make sure the tester doesnt lose sight of you if they follow you in a car), signalling on roundabouts, and country road (80km/h NOT 100) riding... STOP at the STOP sign. you must STOP, do not treat it like a give way.

It was really easy for me as did my conversion exam on my CBR250R and i was only riding for 4 months (lifetime) and passed in the first shot with perfect points (Full license now WOO! )

Generally speaking, just drive safely, obey the signs, check your corners.

Good luck!

Thread Information