Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full license test tips wanted

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R

Smile Full license test tips wanted

Hi All,

Have been away for a while. But been checking KB online. Just going for my full in a week. Have been riding on and off and i should be ok but can do with some pointers and tips to hit it off.
    I have been riding a bigger bike 2005 zx6r 636 and i will be taking a friends 250 hornet for the test. So have thought of getting a few hours on the hornet before the test just to get a hang of it. Test is in Pukekohe with AA. Anyone been here before...whats the route...for practice.

Thanks for reading on.
    Cheers
    SB
    The RICH man is one who has true friends!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I was the same when I did my full...had been riding a 600 for a while and had to use my wifes GN250 to do the test...wobbly as bro!
    I think I took it out the day before to get use the lightweight power plant..

I only did 1/2 the test..instuctor instucted me to go back to the start after about 20 minutes (thought I had failed)...the question was asked ''so what bike do you normally ride''?...I just said ''a Yamaha''...

Bike
    750 auw
    I turned up to my test on my 600. Passed too.

Definitely do some practice on the 2fiddy, but don't stress too much about the route.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    I turned up to my test on my 600.

"My 250's in the workshop, so I borrow my mate's 600..."

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    When it comes to full license, it is important to get the right ink mix ratio. Also the press should be warmed up to the right temperature in order to allow the right ammount of time for the ink to dry. Ofcourse with the new technology avaliable these days license can be created using photoshop and then laminated onto the harder plastic in order to achieve the suitable result. If howev..................

Errr,shit, sorry, wrong thread

Fuck Fuck Fuck
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    I'm cracking up!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Sooooo, you think you're a competent enough rider to be unleashed on the public astride a 636 but you're concerned you might not be ready for the full licence test and want some pointers.

This strike anyone else as a little odd?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    a red heap
    If you come around a corner and a poodle has just taken a shit right on the apex, and your knee slider manages to scrape up the dog poo (carrots and all). Try not to look at if (especially if you have a hangover), as the inevitable dry retching will play havoc with your abdominal muscles, resulting in not being able to grip the bike with your lower body. This will make you slide off to the righthand side of the motorcycle, whilst applying 89% more throttle. Which in turn will induce a highside motorcycle accident, and you may not pass the test.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Sooooo, you think you're a competent enough rider to be unleashed on the public astride a 636 but you're concerned you might not be ready for the full licence test and want some pointers.

I think if he loosens up the Red powerband he should be ok....
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    87 Honda VTZ250
    Not really, many maybe even most people have fairly irrational fears when it comes to taking tests. Besides, nothing wrong with diligent research!

Good on #1 for getting themselves legal, I'm sure they'll do fine.

Bike
    Cammy (2008 CBR1000RR)
    learn the engine note of 55km/h

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    If you come around a corner and a poodle has just taken a shit right on the apex, and your knee slider manages to scrape up the dog poo (carrots and all). Try not to look at if (especially if you have a hangover), as the inevitable dry retching will play havoc with your abdominal muscles, resulting in not being able to grip the bike with your lower body. This will make you slide off to the righthand side of the motorcycle, whilst applying 89% more throttle. Which in turn will induce a highside motorcycle accident, and you may not pass the test.
    Always such helpful tips.

I wish I'd known that when I did mine. (Still not capable of getting my knee down to scoop up doggie doos on the apex of a bend; must still be doing something not quite right...)
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    I turned up to my test on my 600. Passed too.

Definitely do some practice on the 2fiddy, but don't stress too much about the route.
    Wahh!!!...should i do the same i wonder...does it say anywhere that you have to bring a 250 for the test.

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R
    [QUOTE=...wobbly as bro!
    [/QUOTE]

yea, i recall when i did the restricted...i had to do it on a 125...and i just took it out for an hour before the test....

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R

well...im not too relaxed when it comes to tests...i do pep myself up right before and try and be as calm as i can...that might strike me as not ready i guess...but i guess i just have to bullet!!!
    hehe...yea ive already unleashed myself on the public roads with a 636 but just wana do the due diligence...always the way to go

Thread Information