Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Myths

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    All I can say is not to let few bad cookies spoil your holiday. Mind you there are some bad mannered people wherever you go to in the world. They are only a minority. Most Kiwis I have met are nice, friendly and helpful people. And how your attitude is to someone means what reaction you will get from them in return. I would say if you genuinely had a good attitude to them, then I can only appologise and feel shamefull that you were unfortunate to experience that, however if you were rude, I would say fuck off to where you came from and don't come back.
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Three weeks on each island ... where did you go ... ??? That would be enough time to cover every single sealed road on BOTH islands ... (There are some of us who have done it in a LOT less time)
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Three weeks on each island ... where did you go ... ??? That would be enough time to cover every single sealed road on BOTH islands ... (There are some of us who have done it in a LOT less time)
    Some of us like to stop and check places out for a few days rather than seeing how many km's we can do in a day.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Some of us like to stop and check places out for a few days rather than seeing how many km's we can do in a day.
    I am just curious as to where those places he "checked out" were ... I'm betting Queenstown features ...

Bike
    Various things
    I am just curious as to where those places he "checked out" were ... I'm betting Queenstown features ...
    Hahaha...that's not a bet I'm taking on.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha...that's not a bet I'm taking on.
    Funny that ...

I can and do the miles ... but I do the odd (some very odd) tourist trip ... starting late/finishing early ... and enjoy them too. There are few roads in the south island I am not familar with.

Nowdays ... there are just places I want to go to. AND DO. With little time stopped on the way.

Bike
    Yamaha FJR1300
    Nowhere in this thread did I say I haven't had a good time. Just some general observations and it's been 90% good. I like to do stuff as well as ride and on nice days after have a drink or 2 outside room and meet and talk and learn about other people and places and have some laughs but most Kiwis and some others you couldn't drag out of their motel rooms with a team of horses.
    I went walking and swimming and flew a Gyro copter at Mt. Manganui, flew a stunt plane and skydived Abel Tasman, cave rafting by Westport, swam with dolphins and sea kayaked in Kaikoura, hot pooled at Mauruiya Springs, swam in lakes by Alexandra (my favorite town on south island)and other stuff and have zig zagged across both islands covering about 80% of NZ. Only part I haven't been is SE corner of south island, cut out because too much long straight boring roads. Don't take offence it's just my observations and like I said 90% good.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I always thought that SI West coast roads were some of the best NZ has. Except for the occasional tourist in a hire car or campervan doing something totally stupid
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Various things
    Funny that ...

I can and do the miles ... but I do the odd (some very odd) tourist trip ... starting late/finishing early ... and enjoy them too. There are few roads in the south island I am not familar with.

Nowdays ... there are just places I want to go to. AND DO. With little time stopped on the way.
    Yeah each to their own. On my road trip in the States in '07' I did a bit of both. Did nearly a thousand miles one day...that fucked me though. Had an awesome time, and didn't meet a single person that wasn't 100% cool and friendly. Makes me wonder why Canadians don't seem to like Americans!!!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Makes me wonder why Canadians don't seem to like Americans!!!
    Because THEY think of themselves as "English" ... not Yank ...

Bike
    Kate
    . Makes me wonder why Canadians don't seem to like Americans!!!
    Could be something to do with the burning down of the White House that's why the Americans don't like the Canadians.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmk View Post
    Also many effin bad Kiwi drivers who for some unknown fucking reason like to cut lanes even on blind corners
    That's because every kiwi driver is a Formula 1 driver, just straightening out the corner.......
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    I like to do stuff as well as ride and on nice days after have a drink or 2 outside room and meet and talk and learn about other people and places and have some laughs but most Kiwis and some others you couldn't drag out of their motel rooms with a team of horses.
    I hate horses!

I went walking and swimming and flew a Gyro copter at Mt. Manganui, flew a stunt plane and skydived Abel Tasman, cave rafting by Westport, swam with dolphins and sea kayaked in Kaikoura, hot pooled at Mauruiya Springs, swam in lakes by Alexandra (my favorite town on south island)and other stuff and have zig zagged across both islands covering about 80% of NZ.
    We Kiwis take all that shit for granted, don't be hating on us for not wanting to partake in your activities. And I do understand your enthusiasm for doing the "outdoorsy, touristy" shit given where you have come from.

Am I right that from your neck of the woods, the weather reports on a typical summer day, go something along the lines of....
    “The weather today: +30 with 3 feet of snow”

And let's not forget the major tourist attraction is West Edmonton Mall and its claim to fame for the world's largest Parking Lot and the world's largest trailer park next door.

"most Edmontonians" aren't losers though aye.
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    A few
    Seems to me you have done 90% tourist crap locations (in between zig zaggin) and the kiwi's you have met and tried to drag into conversations are in motels ? Hello !! What the hell would they want to talk to you for, the blokes just want to go home and the women just want to shop !!!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Yamaha FJR1300
    Always amazes me how fast a thread can get out of control. Always easy to pick 1 sentence from a thread and rip away. Pretty fair observations I thought and once again 90% good. Yes I've done and stayed in a few tourist places but have also stayed in cities, big towns, little towns, villages. I'm not into most touristy places but wanted to get some stuff off my bucket list. Many people told me I have to go to Queenstown, went there got to downtown and got the hell outta there as fast as I could. Exactly the kind of place I normally avoid.
    I invite anyone to come ride with me for a day and have some eats and drinks and laughs and then tell me it's me.

Thread Information