Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RF 900 vs RF 900 R - difference?

Bike
    750 auw
    The "R" is the pirated model.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Hey how come you've got time to muck around here, aren't you flat out as a Ventriloquists doll for kiddies Christmas parties at this time of the year?
    you said it was just your hand up my jacksy.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RF900R

Blah

I see some are so picky they wouldn't have like my Old Vincent Black Shadow or even my Indian Chief. Too big, too clunky, too slow, but I'd eat your lunch somewhere between Jacksonville Florida and LA. The RF900R is one of the finest ,most reliable bikes ever built by anyone. And if you mistakenly think you can beat one, come on down and bring your cash. I can always use a good payday.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by ensapp View Post
    I see some are so picky they wouldn't have like my Old Vincent Black Shadow or even my Indian Chief. Too big, too clunky, too slow, but I'd eat your lunch somewhere between Jacksonville Florida and LA. The RF900R is one of the finest ,most reliable bikes ever built by anyone. And if you mistakenly think you can beat one, come on down and bring your cash. I can always use a good payday.
    Welcome to KB. You are 2 years late for this thread unfortunately.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    RF900R
    I know, I've just been reading. I couldn't stay quiet too long. I love the site though. I'll try to find some more current posts to get into.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Line forms to the left, for people wanting to hand out arse whoopin's on a rotten old RF. Thanks.

Bike
    bandit
    OOOOoooo ... do you stil have the Shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Line forms to the left, for people wanting to hand out arse whoopin's on a rotten old RF. Thanks.
    Yeah .. I'd have a go - but RFs are quicker than people think ... I'd only have a go as far as seeing how good the rider was ... a good rider and I wouldn't seriously try ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    RF900...one of the best 90's all rounders EVER made, and thats a fact!

it was runner up (by a bloody SLIM margin) to sport tourer of the year award for 3 yrs straight!

There is only ONE 90's bike thats slightly better at everything than an RF900...but its a bloody close fight for that title

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...orld-2520.html

A well ridden RF or VFR will keep most modern bike's damned honest on a rough twisty road...they may get owned on a race track, but in the real world...they can STILL hold there own.

ps the VFR750...won best sport tourer and best sport bike award 94, 95 and 96!(sport tourer award for nearly 10yrs!)...and the ONLY! competion, was from the RF900!, they are simply in a class of there own!
    (Which is why I finally got around to buying one..and havn't regretted it one little bit!)

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Nice bikes, but this whole "My RF would destroy your bike" is a bit subjective. Something like a similiar age CBR900RR would technically smash it, but in reality it comes down to who wants to push their bike further.

(I know the blade isnt a tourer, but people are claiming the RF is a sportsbike)

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    Nice bikes, but this whole "My RF would destroy your bike" is a bit subjective. Something like a similiar age CBR900RR would technically smash it, but in reality it comes down to who wants to push their bike further.

(I know the blade isnt a tourer, but people are claiming the RF is a sportsbike)
    It's not a sports bike, but I'd still own it over a 900 blade.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I remember lusting after one of these in that Red colour when they came out, thankfully I didn't have the money till years later when the injected 750 came out...
    But they were highly regarded at the time, supposedly a slightly detuned GSXR1100 motor, one of the most reliable strong motors of the era...
    Kevin Smith was on the cover of performance bikes mag smoking the rear wheel out of corners everywhere.
    The only bad thing said was the ginormous rear brake light on them...
    Bit of a forgotten model but a good reliable bike to be had there.

Bike
    RF900R
    I don't have the Vincent anymore. I sold it to pay off my house. The RF is rideable but I'm doing a complete restoration on it anyway. I can still find almost every part in new condition. The only strange thing is most of the new parts are coming from England. I don't mind since I've been there done that before on the Vincent. I'll probably sell the RF someday 20 or 30 years from now when I have to take a walker to get to it.

Bike
    94 Suzuki RF900
    Bit of a revive I know.

Sold my KTM SuperDuke recently and picked up a 94 model as a workhorse. Pleasantly surprised how quick it is (all things considered) and seems pretty easy to work on so far. Doing a general service this weekend; new plugs, K&N air filter, valve clearances, fluids etc. Looking forward to it.

Only negative so far is the brakes, after riding a CBR1000 and the Superduke I've become accustomed to stop-on-a-dime brakes and the RF lags behind significantly in that regard. Bled the brakes but didnt make much difference, might look at braided lines to help.

I took the bike for what it is and am very happy so far.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
    Bit of a revive I know.

Sold my KTM SuperDuke recently and picked up a 94 model as a workhorse. Pleasantly surprised how quick it is (all things considered) and seems pretty easy to work on so far. Doing a general service this weekend; new plugs, K&N air filter, valve clearances, fluids etc. Looking forward to it.

Only negative so far is the brakes, after riding a CBR1000 and the Superduke I've become accustomed to stop-on-a-dime brakes and the RF lags behind significantly in that regard. Bled the brakes but didnt make much difference, might look at braided lines to help.

I took the bike for what it is and am very happy so far.
    Great choice!...it looks to be in bloody good condition for its age too.
    Enjoy it mate...bloody great work horse those bikes

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    94 Suzuki RF900
    Thanks man. The pictures actually make it look better than it is. Was pretty rough when I picked it up but gave it a good clean and polish and voila. Not bad for a 20 year old (bike)

Thread Information