Thread: Yamaha WR450 or Husqvarna TE310?

Bike
    N/a

Yamaha WR450 or Husqvarna TE310?

Old school rider getting back into some enduro and long south island trail rides and can not make up my mind. going to buy new. any reasons for or against would help cheers

Bike
    Tuono R , SD900
    Wr all the way , reliable, cheep , ezy to get parts for ,lots of bits available for them, and there is a reason why they where the best selling bike in Oz for nearly 8 years, , i now have the BMW (G450X) that is now the 2012 husky 450 based machine since bmw bought huski a couple years back ,and will be buying the 2013 WR when it hits the floor, since i had a great run from my 05 wr

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Only reason not to buy a new WR450 is if it's not the 2013 bike, you'll be missing out on a heavily updated machine. Not read any reviews of it yet but YZ250F frame, fuel injection, new motor, smaller, lighter... I already very much like the current WR450, but on paper the new one is going to be a bit of a weapon.

On the other hand, the TE310 is a fine bike, lots of great reviews and now BMW are in charge, build quality and parts availability aren't the issue they used to be.

But I'd get the new WR450.

Bike
    N/a

WR or YZ

thanks heaps for the advise both here and on trade me . I can get a second hand YZ 450 fuel injected 2011 for 9K with less than 45 hours on the clock and liked it heaps how ever was wondering if the ZY would be that much different in the gearing and how hard to get WR gearing put in YZ and what sort of cost. All cos i can't wait until end of feb for new WR injeced . Santa brought me a full set of race gear so all i need is the bike so wondering do i wait until feb for WR or go for the YZ 2011 and make some gear changes if possible and price is ok . Cheers

Bike
    Tuono R , SD900
    wait for the wr , and buy yourself a temp bike to tie you over if need bee, the wr and yz differ in tune and electric starter gear ratios, and wr is adr kited (road legal ) more of and enduro bike than an an out wright racer. i ve bee talking to TP as well and wont trade ,so looking at doing a deal in dun.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Quote Originally Posted by sparro View Post
    thanks heaps for the advise both here and on trade me . I can get a second hand YZ 450 fuel injected 2011 for 9K with less than 45 hours on the clock and liked it heaps how ever was wondering if the ZY would be that much different in the gearing and how hard to get WR gearing put in YZ and what sort of cost. All cos i can't wait until end of feb for new WR injeced . Santa brought me a full set of race gear so all i need is the bike so wondering do i wait until feb for WR or go for the YZ 2011 and make some gear changes if possible and price is ok . Cheers
    A few people seem to like the YZ450F as an enduro/trail bike (playing with the sprocket sizes and fuel mapping is all most do), but I'd just be patient. I waited over 7 months for my bike, after putting the deposit down, and I'm so glad I did... was tempted a few times to ask for my deposit back and spend the money on a RMX450, but first ride out on the Kato I knew my patience had paid dividends.

Bike
    2007 KTM 990 Adventure
    Why don't you ask the Yamaha dealer if he has a bike that you can use until the new ones get here? Even if it is a bit of a sh!ter you are still out there riding knowing the new bike that you have ordered is on it's way?

Worth a try?

Mike

Thread Information