Thread: Latest MNZ rule changes

Bike
    Rattlecan blue

Latest MNZ rule changes

The way I read the latest mailer from MNZ pockets now need to have proper motorcycle boots. Tried to find it in the rule book but can't, can't find an exclusion either though.
    Just thought I'd point it out so that anyone turning up at Mt Welly doesn't get an unpleasant surprise.

Having said that the last couple of pockets to turn up have had some sort of slip on shoe that doesn't cover the ankle so was outside the previous more relaxed rules as well.
    Mount Wellington is run under MNZ permit so if you are coming please don't make our lives harder on the day by coming unprepared.

Cheers
    Henk

Bike
    pocket bikes, lots of them

Thumbs up

Hey there, some of our riders myself included have soft race boots that cover your ankles as well or even karting boots will work, we do let riders ride in sneakers as long as they have substantial socks and long pants that cover their ankles and even tape them up but we have had people try and ride in harder road boots and even mx boots that have been too hard for them to bend to the riding position and also tend to catch the track and cause accidents and injury.
    We would like to see every one as safe as possible but we do need to be practicle as well and our club is proud to have a very low injury rate and in 6 years only had four broken bones so as a sport on motorcycles I think we are doing well.
    Any how we welcome all new riders to come and have a go at our great venue in Edgecumbe.
    Cheers Mike McMillan, President Eastern Bay Pocket Bike Club inc.

Thread Information