Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How bad are wheelies for a 250?

Bike
    7r93, a 749, cr250, cr500, pw80 and what
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
    Watching my friend do them on his GN250 the other day looked like heaps of fun. Only trouble is I've heard from some people that 250's don't have strong clutches compared to the 600's or 1l bikes and it's really bad to do wheelies on 250's?

Can anyone confirm this or can I practice some clutch wheelies on my little Spada with no major issues, aside from hurting my limbs and ego

Cheers

Edit - been reading and apparently its really bad for the forks might pass up and practice on a friends dirt bike : 3
    Why wheelie a 250 in the first place that's my question? Do you see the pros wheeling 250's only a few that have it on lock. Unless some extreme stunt artist then i wouldn't bother get a cbr600f4i or something with a bit of bottom end so you dont go through so much troubles just trying to bring the front wheel up. At least if you know you got a big bike you got the power so its just control from there, otherwise get a dirt bike and go nuts till death do you part.

Bike
    AX100
    That guy is Damnnnn Good. makes a gn250 look like fun.

btw (all) OP is VT 250. can wealie wheelie no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by 057rxz View Post
    Why wheelie a 250 in the first place that's my question? Do you see the pros wheeling 250's only a few that have it on lock. Unless some extreme stunt artist then i wouldn't bother get a cbr600f4i or something with a bit of bottom end so you dont go through so much troubles just trying to bring the front wheel up. At least if you know you got a big bike you got the power so its just control from there, otherwise get a dirt bike and go nuts till death do you part.
    Err.
    Several of your posts aren't quite meshing with our 'kiwi attitude'. For a long time now kiwis have made do with inferior and cheaper stuff that you are used to having in the USA. We have a Can-Do / Will-Do attitude. So if someone cannot afford a nice big bike, or is limited to a 250 due to licensing restrictions....but wants to do a wheelie. Well/.////....We Can. So we will.

Thread Information