Thread: DRZ400 adventure riding luggage and racks

Bike
    DRZ400E

DRZ400 adventure riding luggage and racks

I'm switching back to a pannier box luggage system so up for sale is the complete rear end of my DRZ400. For anyone wanting an easy solution for adventure riding and carrying large quantities of gear in 100% waterproof bags on a DRZ400 this makes it dead easy, plus, I will be selling at a great price compared to buying it all new. This is basically a buy then bolt on solution saving HOURS and HOURS of work plus waiting for individual freight and can all be easily installed in one simple afternoons work as it includes:

2011 DRZ400E Subframe
    Pannier side racks
    Pannier side rack extensions for toolkit bags
    Top rack plus brackets
    Taillight and bracket with indicators (wired and ready to go)
    Complete Wolfman luggage set

Broken down in detail this includes:

2 X Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel Bags - $253.00
    2 X Wolfman Small Rolie Bags (I use for toolkits and they’re great) - $106.00
    Set (2 X bags) Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags - $267.00
    Wolfman pannier racks for the Expedition Dry Saddle Bags - $261.00
    Modular pannier extensions for the Rolie bags with 2 X bottle holders - $275.00 (approximate fabrication cost)
    Top rack with CNC machined brackets - $225.00
    Rear number plate bracket with indicators and LED taillight (all wired up to plug into standard DRZ400 wiring loom) - $101.00

Total price for all above gear (excluding subframe) $1,488.00 NZD noting that shipping and charges for all the above comes in at well over $300 NZD (including NZ customs fees) which would bring you up to a total of over $1,788

Please note: the subframe is off my 2011 DRZ400E (extended road registered version), it has only done 6,500km and has not seen an spills worth mentioning. It has been modified to suit the luggage and racks hence it makes sense to be sold as a complete unit. The purchaser would buy the subframe and gear as mentioned above and as part of the deal would then supply me with an exchange subframe (from an S or road registed E model eg not a truncated dirt version subframe) noting that the subframe must be in good, straight and true condition. If you have a K or dirt version subframe but are still interested, hit me up and I’ll advise on where you can get a subframe from at a good price

The cost for the modified subframe and all the above listed racks and luggage is only $750+ the cost of freight to get it to you. Considering all the time and effort in setting this system up plus the new purchase price, this is one hell of a good deal for a one stop solution (saving over $1,000) and I am doing it at this low price to make it quick and easy

Reason for selling: I am going back to the pannier boxes purely because they are quicker to get in and out of, because I ride and fish I like my previous box system that allowed me to stop, then get out/pack up my fishing gear etc a lot quicker. The Wolfman luggage has a few extra buckles and clips to deal with than hinged pannier boxes, this is not really an issue with normal adventure riding though. The system above is an absolutely great robust waterproof adventure riding system and anyone that has seen it in person will no doubt testify to that, I am just streamlining my process to suit the fishing aspect of adventure riding

This DRZ400 build article has multiple images of the all the racks and gear

Hit me up if you have any questions

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Thats great value & it would pretty much fit on any bike too.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    wheres the gun rack
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Thats great value & it would pretty much fit on any bike too.
    Too right it's great value, perfect for you, should I send you my bank account details for a deposit Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    wheres the gun rack
    No gun rack on this one mate, going for a breakdown rifle that fits into the top bag, much easier

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    Too right it's great value, perfect for you, should I send you my bank account details for a deposit Craig?
    well actually I am so taken with Undergrounds ones I am gonna get a couple of old WWII army backpacks, sew the straps together so they can be thrown over the seat. Won't be waterproof or particularly practical but cool nontheless.

If I was you I would actually advertise them in the Aussie forum on Adv rider- you'll get more money & bigger market - they really like your kind of setup. Postage wouldn't be much really either.

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post

No gun rack on this one mate, going for a breakdown rifle that fits into the top bag, much easier
    let us know how it goes i only seen them on tv
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Do want. Just need a DRZ to fit it all to

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Do want. Just need a DRZ to fit it all to
    why a 400? 650s are pretty good. I only got mine as more of atrail bike than adv bike.

Bike
    Jackie Black
    Has it all been sold yet?
    Some days you are the bug , some days you are the windshield

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by mazz1972 View Post
    Has it all been sold yet?
    Hi there, much to my surprise no one jumped onto this deal so it did not sell. Due to this I have begun re-fabricating the racks to suit pannier boxes so the initial offer no longer works. I will however have the pair of Expedition Dry Saddle Bags plus the two Expedition Dry Duffel Bags (seen in the pic above) going cheap in approximately 3 weeks once I have finished re-kitting my bike. Cheers

Thread Information