Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda CrossTourer

Bike
    All of them
    New Trumpet looks good.
    I'd test the Yamaha as well.
    The standard R 1200 GS is a barrel of laughs too.

Bike
    POS 750cc+ bike, Suzuki DRZ400
    I like the Cross Tourer. I like the drive shaft. the seat height is low in comparison the the BMW. It's not likely to have an electrical or warranty failure as the BMW does.

The bike seems to have a bit of an identity crisis going on. Seems it wants to be a gentleman's adventure bike.

Plus's are the reliability and drive shaft.
    Minuses are the small tank... and weight.

Would I own one... no. It needs to go on a diet first. The seat height helps heaps.

Would I own a BMW - never again. @#$%
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single motorcycle

Click here for: - Changing Dyslexia, Depression, Anxiety, Trauma, Phobia's, Allergies etc

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Being about half Big Dave's size I have always marvelled at the fact that anyone would ride a bike weighing over 200kgs on gravel or dirt anyway. On adventure rides over the years I've noticed how even those riding bikes like the earlier BMW F650 that weighed just under 200kg, if they arsed up, the riders seemed unable to pick them up going by the number I have ended up having to help from the ground or get the riders out from being pinned under them.

Not my cup of tea at all but the Honda probably does make a great road bike, but even then 275kg is just too much if the post above has the numbers right.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    All of them

Bike
    2014 Moto Guzzi California

Lol.

nice one Big Dave.

On earlier comments about weight. Yes it is heavy. And I know from experience riding on dirt with a bike over 200kgs is not easy. My Tiger (955i) is about 235kg before I jump on it (then it gets real heavy ). However, the reason I chose a big adventure bike is not to ride dirt, but to tour with the ability to cope with well formed gravel roads on occasions. I believe this is the target group Honda is aiming for, those of us who want a real comfortable road tourer that has some ability to manage well formed gravel roads. Having said that 275 kgs and most of it high up on the bike makes it a challenge, the margin of error is not great!

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Weight tends to become a lot less of an issue once rolling. I was worried about the Connie before I test rode it - 200m up the road my worries were gone...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5020047.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	260177

The DL can be a bit of a handful in tight rough stuff but then maybe it wasn't really designed for that sort of treatment. Loves good gravel though!

Bike
    The thing with the big Honda, and the Varadero before it, along with the V-Strom and the older Tigers (955i) they are made more for road running with the occasional well formed gravel road in mind. This makes them excellent tourers with excellent capability to handle a wide variety of roads. They're not dirt bikes. I wouldn't rate the GS1200 as a dirt bike either. They are nice comfortable bikes to ride and tour on and you feel more able to handle stretches of gravel road than you would on a normal tourer.

Bike

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Bike
    Consider it a Gold Wing super-tourer that is also targeted at dirt roads.

That's an "interesting idea"

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    IMO the lot of them have lost the plot with the 'adventure' tourers. I see no adventure in needing a step to get on the bike, a gym membership to heave it off it's side stand and a AA membership to tow it home if heaven forbid you actually drop it and break a part.

For the price I'd prefer a decent road bike and a DR650 (or the likes) and a good back pack.
    +1.

Never a truer word spoken.

Thread Information