Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Te Puke GAME ON. 10-11 March

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 52 View Post
    The one thing we might have to think about is people running slicks in the wet and people on wets in the same race as the lap times are like b grade and a grade in the same race .
    Quote Originally Posted by NSR143 View Post
    I have never heard Rick complain about anything! this could be serious....
    Could be a good excuse for me to stay home in the rain.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by NSR143 View Post
    I have never heard Rick complain about anything! this could be serious....
    Haha no not really a complaint ,it is only buckets ..wets are amazing so we were only 4-5 seconds slower than in the dry ,on slicks it must be 15sec slower ...bloody good effort for anybody to ride on slicks in the rain , I am rubbish and always crash With slicks .

Bike
    Several
    That track was really grippy in the wet and someone with the skills and balls could have pushed really very hard in the earlier part of the day when it wasn't too wet.
    It does require riding with no safety margin though and it really stressful and bloody hard work. I know I harass riders of slick-shod bikes as poofs and soft-cocks but I would have them myself if I could afford them and the extra rims. It's really the rims that make it a pain.

EDIT: I almost highsided a few times, then I slowed down alot.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Could be a good excuse for me to stay home in the rain.
    No way ..I would rather you rode my bike than not turn up ..you kicked my arse at Tauramanui when we were both on slicks in the rain .
    Don't think we have a solution apart from banning the rain from all bucket meeting

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Don't think we have a solution apart from banning the rain from all bucket meeting
    Great idea, you're in charge of weather from now on and I'm off to put my spare rims with wets on TM since I'll never need them again before the bottom falls out of the market.

Top marks for anyone who goes out in the wet on slicks as far as I'm concerned, I remember what it was like before I got poofter tyres and from memory I averaged three crashes per wet meeting.

Bike
    Several
    Does that involve doing a funny dance?!?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    No way ..I would rather you rode my bike than not turn up ..you kicked my arse at Tauramanui when we were both on slicks in the rain .
    Easy solution, club racers in the UK are not allowed slicks so we all raced on intermediates, these offer good grip in all but monsoon conditions. So all we need to do is change the rules and import a few hundred pairs of inters.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    Easy solution, club racers in the UK are not allowed slicks so we all raced on intermediates, these offer good grip in all but monsoon conditions. So all we need to do is change the rules and import a few hundred pairs of inters.
    To keep costs down we should run Kendas or golden boys as a control tyre. Will save on tyre costs but may slightly increase every bodies crash damage budget.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    To keep costs down we should run Kendas or golden boys as a control tyre. Will save on tyre costs but may slightly increase every bodies crash damage budget.
    Plus they never wear out!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Will was going well before he found the limit of his cut slicks ..the last race we lowered the pressure to 16 psi and the rain was heavier but the tyres had heat in them.

Bike
    depends
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS-TREBLE View Post
    I'll just turn up nude to fit in, problem solved.
    Hey there, was that you that was kindly flagging for us on Saturday?

Bike
    I just lost count
    Another great weekend, another awesome new track. I have to say I think I have found my new favorite track I have ever ridden on (sorry Kiatoke), awesome setting, awesome layout, awesome surface, just freaken awesome

Steve thanks so much for setting this up and running the event. And dont worry the wheels have been put in motion to dull down that 94db beast of mine

Now about that Tauranga Street race.............

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Now about that Tauranga Street race.............
    Yeah about that

http://www.bopkartclub.org.nz/streetrace.php

Having said that everybody please let me know if there is ever a chance to race the bucket on a street cct in the NI, keen to do Greymouth at some stage but not having to cross the ditch would make it way easier.

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Yeah about that

http://www.bopkartclub.org.nz/streetrace.php

Having said that everybody please let me know if there is ever a chance to race the bucket on a street cct in the NI, keen to do Greymouth at some stage but not having to cross the ditch would make it way easier.
    What a shame I would have been keen ...Steve can we get numbers to put to the club for next year ? It might make the difference if they run it or not , strange but when the bar guy said it was bloody dangerous I wanted to do it more ...must have been the beer and no food .

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Been thinking about the road race thing. At a guess it wouldn't be as simple as "the kart guys are having a street race, let's tack onto it"

Too lazy to go and look at the rule book but I think it has some reasonably involved things to say about street circuits.
    But would be dead keen

Thread Information