Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Te Puke GAME ON. 10-11 March

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Been thinking about the road race thing. At a guess it wouldn't be as simple as "the kart guys are having a street race, let's tack onto it"

Too lazy to go and look at the rule book but I think it has some reasonably involved things to say about street circuits.
    But would be dead keen
    I know you are ment to have a road licence for a bike to race I got my restriceted so anything under 250cc is a go for me
    how many people dont have a bike licence ? but race buckets (they would not be allowed to race on a street circit)
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Wanganui, Boxing Day.

I've done it a few times on my RG50/TS100 bucket. F3 is fine. The fast guys piss off and the rest are good for annoying. Thankfully Clubmans isn't run any more, that was scary. With the modern style buckets we'd be real competitive round that circuit. Buckets are fast in places the bigger bikes aren't and are light and agile enough to be stuffed up the inside even going through the esses, though it pays to close one eye through there.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It'd be pretty cool to get a good field of buckets at Wanganui in F3.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    It'd be pretty cool to get a good field of buckets at Wanganui in F3.
    One would want a nutty fast bucket and balls of steel.

I know what you mean about the different characteristics but it kind of makes it even more scary mixing it with other bikes, esp when being lapped.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    One would want a nutty fast bucket and balls of steel.

I know what you mean about the different characteristics but it kind of makes it even more scary mixing it with other bikes, esp when being lapped.
    You only get lapped by the 1st couple of bikes in class, maybe. The last year I did it I got 14th and 17th in F3 starting from the back of the grid each time. I've got a picture somewhere of me pitched in over the bridge into the start/finish straight on the bumps with air under both wheels. Going through the esses the front would lift over the hump in the road as I changed direction. A little tug on the bars would see it come right up mid corner. John Boyle had a laugh, he reckons I was the only one changing up going into the esses.

Wanganui is an awesome bucket track. The straights aren't too long and the railway line and esses are good for lightweight bikes as they are both quickish right/left corners. People like Rich and anyone else on a quickish bucket would be in amongst it big time. The big bike riders don't like how hard we ride as well so tend to give buckets a wide berth.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    You only get lapped by the 1st couple of bikes in class, maybe. The last year I did it I got 14th and 17th in F3 starting from the back of the grid each time. I've got a picture somewhere of me pitched in over the bridge into the start/finish straight on the bumps with air under both wheels. Going through the esses the front would lift over the hump in the road as I changed direction. A little tug on the bars would see it come right up mid corner. John Boyle had a laugh, he reckons I was the only one changing up going into the esses.

Wanganui is an awesome bucket track. The straights aren't too long and the railway line and esses are good for lightweight bikes as they are both quickish right/left corners. People like Rich and anyone else on a quickish bucket would be in amongst it big time. The big bike riders don't like how hard we ride as well so tend to give buckets a wide berth.
    How fast were the top bikes then?

I'd likely be faster on a very fast bucket than when I tried it on my VFR road bike but it would still be scary crazy.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    NSR80, NSR/F100, YZ250, GSX1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Been thinking about the road race thing. At a guess it wouldn't be as simple as "the kart guys are having a street race, let's tack onto it"

Too lazy to go and look at the rule book but I think it has some reasonably involved things to say about street circuits.
    But would be dead keen
    Forget who I talked to about it but I got more of a 'can you guys come?' kind of comment. I think the numbers would help them.

Bike
    NSR80, NSR/F100, YZ250, GSX1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    I know you are ment to have a road licence for a bike to race I got my restriceted so anything under 250cc is a go for me
    how many people dont have a bike licence ? but race buckets (they would not be allowed to race on a street circit)
    When the road is closed for racing its no longer a public road... No licence required.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NSR143 View Post
    When the road is closed for racing its no longer a public road... No licence required.
    Paeroa being SH requires a civil licence doesnt it....? Pretty sure there was something about that in the supp regs.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You also require higher grade of official to oversee it. Was talk of kill switch cords, I actually bought on in case but was never enforced. We used to race a few street ccts. Ohakune being most prominent & there was Foxton, a couple near Palmy, Silverstream suburb.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    depends
    Righto stats for this year:
    Round 1: broken wrist
    Round 2: broken bike
    Round 3: not quite sure what's stuffed, but Mark's had surgery on his thumb
    Round 4: NOTHING'S ALLOWED TO BREAK

At least Mark's injury was due to bike and track and not being a dumbass. See, he needs to bring his wife along to keep an eye on him, she wasn't there, so he broke himself.

Bike
    2000 Suzuki FXR 150 Bucket Racer

eek

yup the thumb went ribs banged up but worse i got a kidney stone on monday now thats pain i am out for welly but cobing to watch 6 to 8 weeks off still another good weekend lots of time to set up the 2 stroke

Bike
    depends
    Quote Originally Posted by marktd View Post
    yup the thumb went ribs banged up but worse i got a kidney stone on monday now thats pain i am out for welly but cobing to watch 6 to 8 weeks off still another good weekend lots of time to set up the 2 stroke
    Sheesh, if you were that worried about me beating you again, all you had to say was you needed a win, it ain't that important to me lol

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones as well, not a good time. Your wife really has to come to the next meet to keep an eye on you lol

Bike
    2000 Suzuki FXR 150 Bucket Racer

Smile

a gentalman always lets the lady go first

Thread Information