Thread: FXR150 foot peg adjusters. Interested?

Bike
    2000 Honda CB600f Hornet

FXR150 foot peg adjusters. Interested?

Right here's the finished design for the rearset/ footpeg position adjuster plates.

Any productive ideas to change the design are welcomed before i make a batch next week.

See the pics for a better explanation than i can type. but basically you get an adjuster plate the two mounting bolts and 2 linkage rod extensions to allow for the setting you choose to run with.

I can also make up custom length linkage rods and will be making a batch of std length ones as i know they always get bent/ broken.

The plate gives basically 6 options for alternate postions from std in incraments of 20mm. (either 20mm back or 20mm up or 40mm back or 40mm up etc).

They weigh in at a little more than i would have liked at 200g with all the fitting components included but i fear that if i waste any more fom the design it may become too weak and fail too prematurely, altho if requested i can try and waste more out to bring weight down but i doubt it would be much, 50g max.

Give me an indication on what price you would put on these per side. The pics are of the last prototype and the finished design will have a better finish but i ran out of materials to do another proper run to display. (Materials are on their way next week).

The other side would be "as this side" and would be supplied without the linkage rod adaptors. I plan to make all components available seperatley to make for economic repair if required.

Cheers,
    your feedback is much appreciated
    Olly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype 1.1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	255340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype 1.2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	255341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype 1.3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	255342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prototype 1.4.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	255343  

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by OllyMoto View Post
    Right here's the finished design for the rearset/ footpeg position adjuster plates.

Any productive ideas to change the design are welcomed before i make a batch next week.

See the pics for a better explanation than i can type. but basically you get an adjuster plate the two mounting bolts and 2 linkage rod extensions to allow for the setting you choose to run with.

I can also make up custom length linkage rods and will be making a batch of std length ones as i know they always get bent/ broken.

The plate gives basically 6 options for alternate postions from std in incraments of 20mm. (either 20mm back or 20mm up or 40mm back or 40mm up etc).

They weigh in at a little more than i would have liked at 200g with all the fitting components included but i fear that if i waste any more fom the design it may become too weak and fail too prematurely, altho if requested i can try and waste more out to bring weight down but i doubt it would be much, 50g max.

Give me an indication on what price you would put on these per side. The pics are of the last prototype and the finished design will have a better finish but i ran out of materials to do another proper run to display. (Materials are on their way next week).

The other side would be "as this side" and would be supplied without the linkage rod adaptors. I plan to make all components available seperatley to make for economic repair if required.

Cheers,
    your feedback is much appreciated
    Olly
    They look great Olly, you get a mill for Christmas?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Not that Familiar with the FXR so you may be using as much std FXR bits as possible so apologies in advance if this concept would not work with your intended setup.
    I have posted these pics elsewhere of the NSR500 setup. I feel it could help keep the weight down a bit as well. Just an idea

Also on your prototype if you stuck with this design i think you could posibly flute the edges without compromising strength. A bit like a carrillo rod if you can picture the beams of one of those.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Set up for Mick.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	462.6 KB 
ID:	255368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Set up for foot 2.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	255369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Set up for foot.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	255370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	footpeg 3.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	255371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foot peg 2.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	478.1 KB 
ID:	255372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foot rests.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	255373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2000 Honda CB600f Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Yea, courtesy of Mr Hines. And i get bored real easy and this seems to be the result.

Bike
    2000 Honda CB600f Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Not that Familiar with the FXR so you may be using as much std FXR bits as possible so apologies in advance if this concept would not work with your intended setup.
    I have posted these pics elsewhere of the NSR500 setup. I feel it could help keep the weight down a bit as well. Just an idea

Also on your prototype if you stuck with this design i think you could posibly flute the edges without compromising strength. A bit like a carrillo rod if you can picture the beams of one of those.

Wow they look sweet. Could possibly look at making something like that also thanks for the input. Mostly my idea was to try and provide a cheap and readily available source of parts that people break a lot of whilst racing (crashing) FXR's as bucket racers. Therefore i have tried to make the design compatible with as many OE parts as possibel so i dont have to sell a a whole setup and therefore meaning a high end price. Hopefully i can design bits that people can choose to buy the parts they want whilst still utilising any OE bits they have. Cheap racing

Interested in the fluteing are you talking about doing it to the Rear sets themselvs or on the adjuster plates? I can see how it could work along the beams of the rearsets, might try that tomorow on a rough set i have knocking about to see how much it saves. Will post results tomro if i get chance.

Thanks for the input

Cheers

Olly

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah you're ont eh right track. Keep to common stuff & avoid specials unless people want to pay more for that, - which being racers won't.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2000 Honda CB600f Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah you're ont eh right track. Keep to common stuff & avoid specials unless people want to pay more for that, - which being racers won't.
    Thanks. I will be looking to develop other stuff once i have these designs down and under way. If people want specific stuff done ask and i will see what i can do but like you say it could cost more than what im doing now.

I will be trying to develop similar items for other bikes commonly used i.e CBR150/125's and any other chassis that are commonly in use nationally.

I may also look at developing a universal set and just have bike or measurement specific adaptor plates but master cylinders etc make that difficult and the cost of producing a whole set up may not be cheaper than buying whats already out there.

Cheers

Olly

Bike
    2001 Suzuki Fxr bucket
    Have you got a price for these yet? I have just broken the original right hand bracket on my fxr and am looking to replace it with something sturdier.

Thread Information