Thread: Honda VT500FE 1988 blown head gasket?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile Honda VT500FE 1988 blown head gasket?

Hi i finally got my bike back from wellington know just cremated cbr 1000 to go oh and the nsr 250

But onto the honda , i drained the oil former owner said it ran but was not running clean at low revs but okay if keep them up

geeeting back to the oil i drained it and looked milky in parts and felt cold as had water mixed in am no expert

maybe just parinoid, after my vt 250 exp. and way deciided to take heads off , i did try start it and was surpised i drip feed some fuel

into main fuel pipe its missing fuel tap and check drain on flaot bowls fuel was getting in and was getting spark so all good carbs seem

be suprisng clean. esp as found no air filter cover (foam) just the metal body and light bulb and alen key sitting in there

bike wond over didnt ry start though nothing like backfire or sound of life spark plugs one was rather eroded back though where both

clean in fron cylinder head , its 2 spark plug per head

Bike was run as beach bike for years by owner befor the guy i brought from been sitting in his garage for few years

Any thoughts or anyone with exp of bikes like engine are they reliable good cranks , didnt notice anything in the drained oil of worry

about to take cylinder heads of top rockers look good little tiny bit light rust on one valve spring collet nothing bad appears

Okay bike rocks alittle bit when turning over little bit more than i epect , i hope just get head gasket set and put it back toghter

what do you think leave rings etc its got 33,000 on clock may weell gone around once be more like 133,000 on bike this old

The actually bike on outside is in good nick wheels suspennsion nothing to say its been abused

oh did drain the radiator and seemd to have new fuild but on about 1/2 litre at most , weather been run with to low and blown the gaskets or just sitting around its gone through currsion ?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    pic of the back cylinder bore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02578.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	363.9 KB 
ID:	263165  

Thread Information