Thread: Windscreen question

Bike
    94 900SS duke - ratty as

Windscreen question

I have just picked up an old handlebar fairing and the windscreen part was a bit garked up (no suprises). It's a common type that you would see on bikes in NZ around the mid 70's to 80's. I have been working on it with Brasso (and will pick up some PlastX) and it has come up fairly well, but those big garks are there to stay (happy to be proved wrong here ... jump in). I would like to get another screen at some stage and was wondering if anyone knows where I might start looking for one for this fairing or is there somewhere I could get one made?

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fair 2.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	259312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fair 1.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	259311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fair 3.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	346.0 KB 
ID:	259310  

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Fuck me, put the braso away!

Buy some stuff called polishing oil, its in a clear bottle (red liquid) at your supermarket for like $4, get that stuff, spray a little rub the shit out of it,
    spray some more, go for gold, if that doesnt get the majority out I would be surprised

Bike
    94 900SS duke - ratty as
    ARRGH too fekn late LOL. I did the old test in one corner with the brasso and it looked good so I gave it the once over. I have to say it lifted some serious shit off the screen. Polishing oil sounds like a damn fine idea though, what's it supposed to be used to polish? (just to help me find the right section in the Supermarket).

Cheers

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Canis G. View Post
    ARRGH too fekn late LOL. I did the old test in one corner with the brasso and it looked good so I gave it the once over. I have to say it lifted some serious shit off the screen. Polishing oil sounds like a damn fine idea though, what's it supposed to be used to polish? (just to help me find the right section in the Supermarket).

Cheers
    I work in a countdown and our shit is up beside the oven cleaner and furniture polish that sort of stuff, if you really get stuck I can buy you a bottle and send the shit up haha.
    Just need alot of elbow grease, I used it on my old 250's screen and it came out really well

Otherwise..
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-452874639.htm
    Get in touch with this fella, he will most certainly be able to help you

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Talk to the guy I mention in this thread, http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...st-I-have-been

He worked wonders with my screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    zxr400 91
    hi visual plastics in hamilton they make screens and do a bloody good job 07 8470005

Bike
    94 900SS duke - ratty as
    Cheers team some good stuff in there. The link to the Kawasaki polish thread was educational - shit that was some polish, does any one know a "Herman" around Chch?

Thread Information