Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: DB1K - Dusty Butt 1000 2013

Bike
    R1150GS & R80GS Basic
    Did ya give a spot to McCardigan?

I see that there are a lot of people riding KTMs who have not yet paid up. I wonder if there is correlation?
    R1150GS
    R80GS Basic

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post

I see that there are a lot of people riding KTMs who have not yet paid up. I wonder if there is correlation?
    They probarbly think that we have to pay them.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    2012 660 Tenere
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    They probarbly think that we have to pay them.
    Sweet when and how much do we get
    Contact me for all your Suzuki DRZ400 And Dr650 bash plate needs. Made to order

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S

Yep bimmer rider from across the ditch got the spot.

Looks like a pretty good mix of bike brands to me. I'm a KTM rider so no bias here!

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    R1150GS & R80GS Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Yep bimmer rider from across the ditch got the spot.

Looks like a pretty good mix of bike brands to me. I'm a KTM rider so no bias here!

Cheers R
    I am not complaining, just stirring :-). I am really looking forward to the ride. The more R80Gs come along, the better, I may need technical assistance :-). Looks like I can borrow a NUVI 40 for the ride, so hopefully I won't get completely lost. I can now start to make a list of must-take items.

Bike, Money, fuel, phone, clothing, dry clothing, helmet, bag for stuff, straps to stop bag from falling off, fire extinguisher, GPS with map, tire plugs, band aid, sunglasses, hammer to straighten out stuff and make things move, Duct tape, to stop things from moving. I guess that's it, looks pretty comprehensive to me, or have I missed something?
    R1150GS
    R80GS Basic

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    I am not complaining, just stirring :-). I am really looking forward to the ride. The more R80Gs come along, the better, I may need technical assistance :-). Looks like I can borrow a NUVI 40 for the ride, so hopefully I won't get completely lost. I can now start to make a list of must-take items.

Bike, Money, fuel, phone, clothing, dry clothing, pipe,slippers, wing back armchair, helmet, bag for stuff, straps to stop bag from falling off, fire extinguisher, GPS with map, tire plugs, band aid, sunglasses, hammer to straighten out stuff and make things move, Duct tape, to stop things from moving. I guess that's it, looks pretty comprehensive to me, or have I missed something?
    Fixed it for ya....
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    91 R80GS
    I always find Wilbur Smith is always a good companion to while away the hours waiting for help to come .
    KTM owners however have their mirrors & hair product.

Make sure you have a good bashplate Koko as the ride to Fairlie from Chch last year had me just about sumping out on the boulders
    after the river crossing.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    2012 660 Tenere
    [QUOTE=Padmei;1130445672]KTM owners however have their mirrors & hair product.

Bugger i dont have any hair
    Contact me for all your Suzuki DRZ400 And Dr650 bash plate needs. Made to order

Bike
    R1150GS & R80GS Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    I always find Wilbur Smith is always a good companion to while away the hours waiting for help to come .
    KTM owners however have their mirrors & hair product.

Make sure you have a good bashplate Koko as the ride to Fairlie from Chch last year had me just about sumping out on the boulders
    after the river crossing.
    Wilbur Smith might while away the hours, but I think I'll load the repair manual instead. That way I'll know exactly what I should have brought. I just have the standard bash plate. The headers are dented anyway, so I am not worried. Since there are three R80GS on the ride we could share the load. I'll take the slippers and you can bring the pipe. McCardigan is already carrying the kitchen sink, so bringing the armchair as well, won't make a difference.

Since I'll need to be in Tekapo in a hurry, I'll take the main road. Don't they have bridges down there any more?
    R1150GS
    R80GS Basic

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S

Roll Chart Files and GPS files now aviable

Hi Fella's

I have, with ADVGD's help, just put up the route files (roll chart and GPS). Only thing is that this year there is security on access to the files. You need to use your 2013 DB1K registration ID to access the files. If you no longer have the email containing your code you should be able to find it by viewing the Shoei DB1K payment record in your internet banking. Worst case scenario you can use the contact form on the website to email me and I can send you your registration code.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    Am i right assuming its the same as last year? I've still got the old roll chart loaded.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Am i right assuming its the same as last year? I've still got the old roll chart loaded.
    Same route. If you have corrected distance for cells 174 to 182 as below then just go with it.

Roll Chart Changes
    Cell Original Total Distance Updated Total Distance
    174 20.1 21.2
    175 0 0
    176 3.1 1.5
    177 13.8 12.2
    178 15.5 13.9
    179 20.3 18.7
    180 28.1 26.5
    181 40.8 39.2
    182 46.3 44.7

The 2013 roll chart has these corrections included.

Cheers R

Bike
    orange 9fiddy&4fiddy

????

howdy boys,how many km's of the 1000 are actually at around 90 to 100km's an hour?...
    do i realy need to gear up me scooter to do those kind of speeds,just to later struggle like fuk and burn me clutch out on the river beds for the sake of some comfy open road speeds?......just asking!!!

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by michael e View Post
    howdy boys,how many km's of the 1000 are actually at around 90 to 100km's an hour?...
    do i realy need to gear up me scooter to do those kind of speeds,just to later struggle like fuk and burn me clutch out on the river beds for the sake of some comfy open road speeds?......just asking!!!
    does this quote below help Michael

Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    For earlier routes I knew all this detail but looking at my files I can't find those numbers for the current route. Last time I calced all this was for the 2010 route and it was 800kms of 1000km that was off seal (don't have 4wd vs seal). The current route will be much the same if not more off seal and more 4wd if you do the challenge loops). Biggest bits of seal that spring to mind are Waimate to Waihao Forks, Tarras to Bannockburn, Clyde to Alex, Alex to Roxburgh, Beamount to Lawrence, and Omarama to Otematata. Alex to Roxburgh is probably the biggest and it is 40km. Couple of other very minor bits of seal i.e. less than 10km.

Cheers R
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    the mighty SUPER SHERPA

HIWAY SPEEDS ------v,s knarly bits ----Desishins ---- Deshishins

I,d opt for the lower gearing,-- but then,i,m old & the testosterone levels are deminished a little I guess.
    I did it on the little Super Sherpa in 2010,it was struggleing a little @ 100 km ,but was,nt a worry.
    Thing is,---if you want to keep up with mates that are going like cut cats ,the joice is obviouse.
    But if you want to see the best scenery in N.Z. -- take it slower -- ,generaly ,there,s not much traffic,so you wont be holding up cars etc.
    The hiway stretches are,nt THAT long mostly,so the diff. between doing 85kmh & 100kmh on each would be only a few minites on each.

On the other hand ---there are challenges too numeress to mention,where you,ll be pleased to have lower gearing, but that depends a bit on what bike you,ve got, --- & your rideing ability..

Cheers & good luck. AL.

Thread Information