Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: DB1K - Dusty Butt 1000 2013

Bike
    2012 660 Tenere
    Ok was just wondering what others were runinig. Will stick with the 14/50. I have had it up to 159kmh one time when i was coming back over the dunstan trail when i first got it road legal
    Contact me for all your Suzuki DRZ400 And Dr650 bash plate needs. Made to order

Bike
    DRZ400E
    A short vid on one of the sections of the DB1K for day #2, not one of the challenge/technical sections but a fun fast flowing section of gravel

Full article here: Home Hills Runs Road

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Very Good ~ really enjoyed the vid...."The excitement builds!"
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Quote Originally Posted by gpcustom View Post
    Ok was just wondering what others were runinig. Will stick with the 14/50. I have had it up to 159kmh one time when i was coming back over the dunstan trail when i first got it road legal
    Just did a boot around the waimak tonight with the 13/51 installed cruising comfortably at around 115 on the seal with enough left for overtaking should the need arise.
    P

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    For all those you have done the dusty on a KTM450EXC or similar (9l standard tank) how much extra fuel are you planning for the Lawrenece-Omara(290km) leg?
    I am thinking it could be as much as another 9l ? Does that sound about right ? Interested to see the range of solutions peps on these bikes have come up with for carrying that much extra....

Ive never run my tank dry so if anyone knows what it takes to do so on a KTM450EXC I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers all
    P
    Replying to my own post:
    I have the figures now. I did a ride out round the Waimak tonight riding lots of gravel at 90-100k, as much off road trail terrain (single track, river bed, sand and shingle) as I could find ridden at about 7/10ths, bike is 2009 450EXC with 4500Ks. Main tank went dry at 105km, reserve at 123.7km and took 8.8l to refill (spec says 9l).
    So 14.06 kpl or 7.11 l/100k or 21l for the Alexandra-omarama leg or (12l in the saddle bags !) - on the thirsty side, but I was having fun not nursing it.

See you Friday!
    P

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    With a week to go.I see theres still 9 riders that haven't fronted up with the coin..
    just a thought...maybe a payment cut off date..Any riders that haven't payed by that date
    there place is given to the riders that were two slow to reg in the first 150..
    Seems a shame that these guys could be keeping serious riders out...
    Yep looks like those 9 still havent paid. Shame for anyone who wanted to go but was too slow entering.
    Guess its too late for them now though.
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by MXNUT View Post
    Yep looks like those 9 still havent paid. Shame for anyone who wanted to go but was too slow entering.
    Five of them are KTM riders, am I reading between the lines?, cost to much to run?, still saving up to ride?, maybe orange really is lemons, come on boys tip the gorse out of your pockets.
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    TE610

Motoz Tractionator 130-90-18 H/T in Fairlie

I have a brand new Tractionator in Fairlie - perfect for the Dusty Butt. $150 ono. PM me if you are interested.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by MXNUT View Post
    Some good and some bad in this. There are a few 'foreigners' who have arranged to pay me on the night (seems banks don't like talking internationally) - all good. The bad is the small number who have not paid and are not responding to emails. Not impressed.

No reserves left but also like you say its too late now too.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    BMW R1200GS hexhead.Suzuki DR650K6,CT110
    Ryan - have a great event - sorry not to be doing it this year - lost my mojo - got it back somewhat after the Tussock Adventure - go well - best wishes to you and all those familiar faces I'll miss seeing this year
    those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind..

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Some good and some bad in this. There are a few 'foreigners' who have arranged to pay me on the night (seems banks don't like talking internationally) - all good. The bad is the small number who have not paid and are not responding to emails. Not impressed.

No reserves left but also like you say its too late now too.

Cheers R
    Just when you thought everyone was on the same page there is always someone to prove you wrong. I think putting a time limit on payment would be a good idea, no money within two weeks and you drop of the radar.

I guess that also means for sausages for us then
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Anyone know of a DB1k capable bike going cheap or for hire ?
    SpeedoJosh is over on the ADV Rider forum about given up looking by the sound of it. Poor guy thought everyone would see his posts over there in the other place and never made it on here.
    He's currently in Christchurch if I read correctly.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ 400E / Gas Gas Pampera / CT110
    I visited the Hospital today, after some scans it looks like I might have a hernia, surgeon has advised me not to ride until results are clarified, I am totally bummed about this...

Special thanks goes to ADVGD for helping me prep the yellow beast.

Ride safe but hard everyone.

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Anyone know of a DB1k capable bike going cheap or for hire ?
    SpeedoJosh is over on the ADV Rider forum about given up looking by the sound of it. Poor guy thought everyone would see his posts over there in the other place and never made it on here.
    He's currently in Christchurch if I read correctly.
    yer read his post...
    Pitty my XR250 is still in Blenheim..
    Other wise he could have used it..
    "how much damage can one yank do"
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by peachvw View Post
    I visited the Hospital today, after some scans it looks like I might have a hernia, surgeon has advised me not to ride until results are clarified, I am totally bummed about this...
    I told you mate, too much masturbation and you'll give yourself a hernia... you never listen

Quote Originally Posted by peachvw View Post
    Special thanks goes to ADVGD for helping me prep the yellow beast.
    Don't thank me till you get the bill, its gonna hurt

Thread Information