Thread: Artie Nyquist

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT

Artie Nyquist

Hi there, I'm looking for info, pics or links to stuff about this guy. I've done he interweb thingy. But can only come up with a few comments about him. I'm pretty sure he's Finnish (not Dutch as I've seen so far). In the 80's he was doing stuff so sick it would still be rated vey highly today! On stock Z1300's mainly. He could do a standing quarter mile quicker than the magazine tester on identical 1300's, only he was sitting backwards! Stuff like that.

Anyway if anyone knows of or has pics, info or links, I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers MK

I may need to put this in the 'eneral ravings', but we'll see how we go.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    1997 Ducati 900 Superlight
    I seem to remember he was quite a stunter and I am sure he was Finnish too. Im sure I saw photos of him breaking the tail light on Z1300s through wheelies.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT

Mag

Yeah, I had a Superbike mag years ago, with a big article on him. In T shirt and track pants (because one leg was in plaster below the knee), he was taking the models around a track. They only wore stilletoes and bikini bottoms. But here's where it gets good! He was wheelieing (spelling??) sat backwards, with the bird sat backwards behind him (in front of him, if you can picture it), all the way around the circuit they were at. They asked the model afterwards if she was scared? She said no because he could clearly do what he did well. She added though, that she was a little concerned when, mid wheelie, he took a hand off the 'bars to fondle her tit!! Totally legendary.

The mag's long gone but I'm keen to track down pics etc as mentioned already.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    01 SV650S
    Blog Entries
    Some googling turned up this:

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=6...yquist&f=false

Don't know if its helpful or not. Does say he's dutch though.
    Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Thanks for that. Finding out his name is actually Arto helped a lot. Google comes up with various things with that name, including a KB thread from 2009!

Bike
    It was on the good
    Hope this helps. Old Bazzer commentating as well.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Thanks Berries, I saw most of that one, we're only able to get dial up still, here! So leave it loading for an hour, come back and see what we've got.

Must make fresh enquiries about broadband out this way!

Pretty awesome stuff eh? For the day and on a stock 'million kilo' Z13!

Cheers.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manxkiwi View Post
    Thanks Berries, I saw most of that one, we're only able to get dial up still, here! So leave it loading for an hour, come back and see what we've got.

Must make fresh enquiries about broadband out this way!

Pretty awesome stuff eh? For the day and on a stock 'million kilo' Z13!

Cheers.
    Arto was Finnish. He started his racing as MX rider, but he was so much faster than others that he used to ride the last lap sitting back -to-front. As a result they banned him as he was apperently "a danger to others..."

He also asked Evil Kenivel (sp??) if he wanted to be challenged jumping the grand canyon. Evil thought bout it and said ok. But when Arto added "... sitting backwards on the bike obviously..." Evil did not want to be part of it.

He did the trick on the 1300 using wooden clogs as his footwear. Once he had broken his ankle and added a piece of wood under tha cast so he could do the trick...

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Thread Information