Thread: Yamaha TTR600 fuel

Bike
    yamaha ttr600

Yamaha TTR600 fuel

Any riders on these TTR600s noticed any real performance difference between the diff octane ratings? I,m using 98 but suspect I,m throwing my money away on this octane fuel?

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    I had one years ago as an adventure bike. Never put anything other than 91 in it. Ran fine. Biggest hassle with that bike was the tiny tank, fixed with a 20l acerbis job. And the fact that if you took the choke off too soon and it stalled you would be swearing at it for twenty minutes.
    Stock is best

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    I had an early 80s XT550 witch I always used the highest octane fuel available, it was noticeably harder to wheelie when using 91.

Bike
    yamaha ttr600

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    I had one years ago as an adventure bike. Never put anything other than 91 in it. Ran fine. Biggest hassle with that bike was the tiny tank, fixed with a 20l acerbis job. And the fact that if you took the choke off too soon and it stalled you would be swearing at it for twenty minutes.
    Thanks for that

Bike
    yamaha ttr600

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    I notice i don,t get much more than 100km before the reserve comes on but its my new toy and the accerlation and noise is addictive.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny50 View Post
    I notice i don,t get much more than 100km before the reserve comes on but its my new toy and the accerlation and noise is addictive.
    Sounds about right. I think mine was 110 to reserve and 140 to pushing it to the nearest servo.
    I was commuting it so filling up twice a week became a hassle. The big tank helped heaps.
    Stock is best

Thread Information