Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: First test ride!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Please refrain from calling my first real bike a pile of cheap. Yes I know exactly what I'm getting, and what I'm doing is better organised than it looks. Thanks for the concern anyway. The stand issue has been addressed, and I've got a relatively secure location for parking, god forbid someone think its better than it really is and pinches it.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    Yeah...I was concerned to.

as long as your happy GM (and looking good?)
    ...but...arn't you concerned by the numerous reports of poor quality etc?, and how much is it costing (if you don't mind me asking, Not trying to stir or anything GM, just concerned about your choice of ride-each to their own an all that...but I would hate to read that it fell of the side stand and fell to peices etc..no joke!..the plastics are very fragile...as is the whole bike frankly)
    Im not sure idd trust the you tube report alot.For guys that are running it through twisty roads on camera they arnt to skilled in transfering weight and body position.seems they were trying to get the stand down just to prove a point to me.Quality of build changes cost of purchace.Im sure the bike would be good value compaired to some of the second hand 250s on the NZ market.At the end of the day droping a bike damages fairings of any type and if its near new and insured fairings get replaced rather than repaired.It would be interesting to see what parts are worth.Its possible parts could be half the price of a ninja 250 for plastics.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    When you're done with it, pass it on to me and I'll drop an XR600 motor in it and turn it in to a tank slapping beast and crash it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2009 Suzuki Intruder 250

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    That indeed. But mines black with a red frame. It looks quite special
    Oh awesome the black with red frame is my favourite of the 2. You are gonna look awesome on that thing. You go girl
    Doesn't play well with others!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    I'm gonna take a camera with me, so I can get some photos! I'm still rather excited. I shall take it to work friday morning, and watch them all pack themselves when I ride it through the lanes on the way home. Or fall about laughing as I stall to buggery while I get used to it...

I have already planned to take it to the hutt to see my dad as soon as I get it. He's been making bike noises for a while now, and I really want him to get one too. Mum would flip out over it of course, but its something we can do together.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts. But shes happy and i'm not going to rain on her parade. Speaking of rain you might want to keep the bike out of it

Bike
    2009 Suzuki Intruder 250

Smile

I'm gonna take a camera with me, so I can get some photos! I'm still rather excited. I shall take it to work friday morning, and watch them all pack themselves when I ride it through the lanes on the way home. Or fall about laughing as I stall to buggery while I get used to it...

I have already planned to take it to the hutt to see my dad as soon as I get it. He's been making bike noises for a while now, and I really want him to get one too. Mum would flip out over it of course, but its something we can do together.
    Awesome, definately post pics on ya profile, can't wait to see it.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    I have a garage to keep it out of the rain. Its just a pain in the bum getting in and out at times.

Bike
    2009 Suzuki Intruder 250

Smile

I have a garage to keep it out of the rain. Its just a pain in the bum getting in and out at times.
    That's great, don't want ya new baby left out in the weather

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Please refrain from calling my first real bike a pile of cheap. Yes I know exactly what I'm getting, and what I'm doing is better organised than it looks. Thanks for the concern anyway. The stand issue has been addressed, and I've got a relatively secure location for parking, god forbid someone think its better than it really is and pinches it.
    As I clearly stated, not trying to call your choice of ride anything!...just offering 30 yrs of riding & mechanical experiance to a newbie.
    But at the end of the day it is your choice, and I truly DO hope the purchase makes you happy and I am proven wrong in regards to build quality & reliability.
    (Its IS a very VERY nice looking bike...and being a single cylinder should have some nice character to it)

All the best GM ...I honestly do hope this bike proves me wrong and offers you many years of fun and safe riding

Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Im not sure idd trust the you tube report alot.For guys that are running it through twisty roads on camera they arnt to skilled in transfering weight and body position.seems they were trying to get the stand down just to prove a point to me.Quality of build changes cost of purchace.Im sure the bike would be good value compaired to some of the second hand 250s on the NZ market.At the end of the day droping a bike damages fairings of any type and if its near new and insured fairings get replaced rather than repaired.It would be interesting to see what parts are worth.Its possible parts could be half the price of a ninja 250 for plastics.
    As I stated in my post mossy, I did researched the bike as thoroughly as possible from the "various reports" in online mags, vids and owner reviews...your an experianced rider and clearly mechanically minded, you do the research...then come back and tell me what your honest findings are. (I would like to hear from crasher, drew etc as well)
    I refuse to cherry shit up just to ensure people remain happy...Im just offering the unbiased facts! (Im not trying to offend, or rain on anyones parade...and I truly do hope Im proven wrong! and the bike is as good as it looks...but the findings thus far...are not that good)

A cheap bike is usually just that!...and to repair the many faults, flaws and break downs through ownership & use, can have the adverse effect of turning a cheap purchase into a money pit!...or even worst a heart breaker for the new owner.
    GM seems like a very nice young lady, and I would absolutey hate to read on here that her new bike, due to mechanical failure, or poor design, was constantly costing her money...or even worse, she was hurt due too these factors.
    KB is about offerring advice and support to new riders...I have tried to do both, honestly and in good faith.

Always good to hear from ya Mossy...ride safe mate

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I think the parts will be very well priced.
    When these are a bit more common, I'm going to snaffle the tail unit from one for another bike build. Unless I could wrap those tasty fairings around something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Well, due to me still being sick, I've arranged for it to be delivered to my place rather than risk riding it home. So back to bed it is. Another day off work too. What a day.

Thread Information