Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New helmet cam - Replay XD

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    I've been using Format Factory with the msmpeg4-v2 codec. It can be a bit confusing at times but it does a reasonable job (for free) and is quite good for batch converting files. Note that msmpeg4-v2 needs to be downloaded and installed separately, then you can select it from the list of codec options in Format Factory.

I've also been using Free Video Dub for quick and easy file splitting. Again, I'm only using it cause it's free (there's bound to be better utils out there), but it does what I need it to and it chops the file without recoding the whole thing (which a lot of other "spitters" tend to do) which means processing times are basically instant.

Both apps work without watermarks or bombarding me with popups, and let me get the raw footage into manageable segments for working with WMM. As far as I can tell, neither app has introduced any spyware either. YMMV.
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by WRT View Post
    I've been using Format Factory with the msmpeg4-v2 codec. It can be a bit confusing at times but it does a reasonable job (for free) and is quite good for batch converting files. Note that msmpeg4-v2 needs to be downloaded and installed separately, then you can select it from the list of codec options in Format Factory.

I've also been using Free Video Dub for quick and easy file splitting. Again, I'm only using it cause it's free (there's bound to be better utils out there), but it does what I need it to and it chops the file without recoding the whole thing (which a lot of other "spitters" tend to do) which means processing times are basically instant.

Both apps work without watermarks or bombarding me with popups, and let me get the raw footage into manageable segments for working with WMM. As far as I can tell, neither app has introduced any spyware either. YMMV.

Does video dub work with .mov files? Didn't see it listed there...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Yes; I used it to trim the sample vids I posted up earlier.
    I told him,

He said,

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Yes; I used it to trim the sample vids I posted up earlier.
    Thanks WRT - I'll have a play around with it on some of my samples.

Incidentally, my Replay has just died completely half way through a download. Switched itself off and refuses to power up again. Battery is fully charged.

Phoned the support dudes - they are currently trying to figure out what might have happened.

Seems to me it is stone dead and will need to be replaced. Lucky I bought from someone who offers customer support, eh?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Incidentally, my Replay has just died completely half way through a download. Switched itself off and refuses to power up again. Battery is fully charged.
    Mine wouldn't power on when I first got it (ordered from the States last year, prior to them being available in NZ), wouldn't power on even though it was fully charged. I was freaking that I might have to send it back overseas, but there is a reset button, or rather a hole that you put a paperclip or similar into, on the back of the unit. I hit that, and it started working. Had no probs since then.

Presumably the tech support guys have already mentioned the reset button, but if they haven't, give it a go (nothing to loose!).
    I told him,

He said,

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Mine wouldn't power on when I first got it (ordered from the States last year, prior to them being available in NZ), wouldn't power on even though it was fully charged. I was freaking that I might have to send it back overseas, but there is a reset button, or rather a hole that you put a paperclip or similar into, on the back of the unit. I hit that, and it started working. Had no probs since then.

Presumably the tech support guys have already mentioned the reset button, but if they haven't, give it a go (nothing to loose!).
    Actually I had forgotten that - I'll have a go.

Funny - the dude just now rang back with the same suggestion.

EDIT:Worked.

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    LOL - great minds eh. Let us know how you get on!
    I told him,

He said,

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    LOL - great minds eh. Let us know how you get on!
    Video dub is pretty cool - most of the editing I do is just cutting out crappy bits so this is ideal. Noticed that the replay on work computer here is a bit temperamental after cutting. No idea why. I'll try it on the home machine.

EDIT: This clipped with Video Dub. And it was shot into low sun to test out ability to handle crappy light conditions.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    One more shot this morning.

Ride started out in fog. Which meant the lens got condensation on it. Which eventually dried out. Leaving a film of crap behind.

I'd really like to see images that weren't shot through a fuzzy lens...

Anyhoo, here ya go. Turn off the sound - it's just road noise with the rare engine note breaking through.

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Does this mean the reset trick worked for you? Good to see you got it sorted.
    I told him,

He said,

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Does this mean the reset trick worked for you? Good to see you got it sorted.
    Oh, yes it did. Dammit, I was supposed to tell you that yesterday. Had to repeat the reset again today. Same thing - switched whilst downloading a file.

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    I'm surprised it's done it again on you, it may need to go back after all!
    I told him,

He said,

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    I'm surprised it's done it again on you, it may need to go back after all!
    I'll watch it for a while and see how it behaves. It might just be getting sick of all the downloads I am doing...

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Finally! A video shot through a clean lens...

Bike
    Buell XB12Ss, KX250
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Finally! A video shot through a clean lens...

Was that on the way to your latest tagorama?
    Nice footage, looks a tad better than the road grime version

Thread Information