Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Police care about bike theft?

Bike
    BMW

Do Police care about bike theft?

Apparently not....

My mate is selling his RMZ450 on trade me, he got a call and the guy said yup happy to pay asking price and give you some gas money to come to Hamilton to meet me.

It was agreed so he loaded up the bike and the guy told him he would send him the internet confirmation of payment. On the way to Hamilton from Auckland he recieved the confrimation. (Lucky he had internet access)

He then noticed that it was from anz.co.nz@live.com he did some research called ANZ etc and yes it was a fraud.

By this stage he was 10 mins out of Hamilton and about to meet the potential thieves. He called the police and advised them, suggested they come with him and meet him there but the said THEY WERE TOO BUSY!!!!

He decided not to meet the potential scam artists as he was by himself in a foreign town just incase it was gonna be an ambush. So away they get scott free!

BTW Before any of you suggest this guy is soft and should have busted up the would be scam artists, I would say that this is one of the hardest boys you would meet but you have to pick your battles

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Getting ignored like that, would kind of make you wonder if he should have called another group of people

bloody good he noticed though eh!
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Getting ignored like that, would kind of make you wonder if he should have called another group of people

bloody good he noticed though eh!

I can confrim that he certainly has a lot of associates with other types of groups but they were not based in Hamilton and certainly not available with 10 mins notice. But yes in different circumstances these guys could have been in a lot of trouble....

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Should have told the cops, "no worries!...guess me an this 12 gauge will have to sort it out then" ...bet they would have offered to turn up then! (probably to arrest ya mate for DARING to protect his own property from theives lol)

Good on him for noticing, tell him to contact the bank, and they will "advise" the poilce to investigate...as stated, this is fraud. (And call the cops again!, the internet transactions/correspondance CAN be tracked)

...mind you...it IS the Tron, so im not surprised the cops are "busy"

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Apparently not....
    in my experience, they do not care about theft at all, car, bike, house,

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    in my experience, they do not care about theft at all, car, bike, house,
    Na but they pulled him up on the way home and gave him a ticket for no rego.... (jokes)

You know him well Scotty, can you imagine the shock they would have got if he had realised what was going on if they were in hands reach haha

Bike
    Your mom
    If the police even bother to do their job properly, you can be rest assured the courts will go lightly on the offenders. They'll get their free court appointed lawyer who wil say "Poor Tahu was beaten as a child and his father was a gang member" so no doubt a pathetic sentence will be handed out.

Bike
    A Japper
    Maybe he shouda called in a donut theft in progress.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    That would involve the police being proactive

Should have mentioned there was a speeding ticket in it for them and 10 cars would have turned up.

The serve and protect moto has become a bit of a thing for what not to do.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Do we have police in NZ?

I am yet to hear a "better work story" lately that doesn't involve the road.

Surely one of the cops on here could come up with one.........just one that doesn't involve a WOF, chasing crims in car or speeding tickets.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Do we have police in NZ?

I am yet to hear a "better work story" lately that doesn't involve the road.

Surely one of the cops on here could come up with one.........just one that doesn't involve a WOF, chasing crims in car or speeding tickets.
    What? on a biker forum you want stories about hookers, death and mayhem? I guess that does make sense.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    What? on a biker forum you want stories about hookers, death and mayhem? I guess that does make sense.
    Imagine how useless the brothers grimm would have been if they didn't tell people what stories they had all bottled up.
    Better work stories are only useful if you tell them to someone.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    kdx220 92, suzuki rgv250 88
    it is sad ...have to confirm.

my mum was visiting me last year. she had a walk with her friend on mission bay when some big islander grabbed her purce and tried to run away..
    she did not release the handle so he dragged her for few meters and let it go only when other people yelled at him...
    we called police straight away but they said.....we wont come as probably this person run away already so bring your mum to police station if you want

WTF....

Bike
    kdx220 92, suzuki rgv250 88
    also...........you can try to use trademe.........find out who was dealing with that person and contact them.....they should keep some contact numbers................make a gang of friends and have a field trip to hamilton...

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    Nice sleuth work by ya mate, save. whats the guys trade me user name?
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Thread Information