Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dainese jackets?

Bike
    N/A

Dainese jackets?

I'm looking at buying a new jacket and a lot of the Dainese leathers look pretty slick. Has anyone owned one who can vouch yay or nay for it? Are they good jackets or just style over substance?

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by cdw View Post
    I'm looking at buying a new jacket and a lot of the Dainese leathers look pretty slick. Has anyone owned one who can vouch yay or nay for it? Are they good jackets or just style over substance?
    Overpriced, and under specd
    Buy a Qmoto Jacket half the price and better specd, contact Steve at Qmoto he will sort you out
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    It was on the good
    I have got a Dainese waterproof textile jacket. It must be somewhere between eight and ten years old and has been worn almost every day. It has never leaked. It is without a doubt the best piece of riding gear I have ever brought. Obviously it wasn't the cheapest thing in the shop, but I cannot fault its performance. And it doesn't look 'bikey', which is a massive plus in my book.

Bike
    BLACKbird
    Had an Arrow two-piece suit for 12 years.

Pros: Stylish, very good fit, hardly needed any breaking in and was all day comfortable even with hard armour.

Cons: Pricey, no back armour (but I wear a separate protector anyway), needed to have the cuffs altered but that's my fault for having long, thin arms.

I only recently sold it because I couldn't get my fat gut into them any more. Bought an A/Stars two piece to replace them but don't think they are as good as the Dainese.
    'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. (Abraham Lincoln. 1809-65 )

Bike
    08 Ninja ZX6R
    I have an R Twin on order from the Dainese Pro Shop in Belgium (shipping cost $30NZD), awesome guys to deal with, very helpful advice.

I like the style of them very much and as a plus they will zip on to my Dainese pants.

All up the R Twin, which is a high end Dainese jacket, is going to cost me around $750 (that's with gst factored in, if it gets nabbed at customs)

When the jacket gets here I'll let you know what it's like.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline_8749 View Post
    is going to cost me around $750 (that's with gst factored in, if it gets nabbed at customs)
    Heres hoping it does

Bike
    2009 Ducati 1198S
    I have a two piece dainese leather suit and it works perfectly, Quasievil, define under spec'd, mine has armour in all the right places and fits nicely. Have'nt seen any moto gp guys wearing the Qmoto stuff, so maybe it hasn't caught on yet

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie1198 View Post
    I have a two piece dainese leather suit and it works perfectly, Quasievil, define under spec'd, mine has armour in all the right places and fits nicely. Have'nt seen any moto gp guys wearing the Qmoto stuff, so maybe it hasn't caught on yet
    lol here are a few things
    1/ if you think the "made in South Africa and Bosnia" Dainese stuff on the shelf at your Bike shop is anything remotely like what the GP guys wear then youre sadly mistaken
    2/ Im not involved in Qmoto in anyway any longer so I can comment on the current spec, but I would hazard a guess that the Qmoto gear has superior stitching and armour systems

Once Biggles makes the Moto Gp then there will be representation Im sure

Bike
    too many but never enough
    I have 2 Teknic, 2 Shift, 1 Alpinestars and 1 Dianese jacket (made in Tunisia by the way) and the Dianese is my favorite. It is the most comfortable jacket I have ever had. It is the quality of design rather than where a jacket is made that is most important.

Bike
    2009 Ducati 1198S
    You mean Rossi doesn't wear a size 56 two piece. I've been robbed.....lol
    My point was more that given the vast number of gear available Dainese must be doing something right to cover the asses of some of the worlds best riders.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    "made in South Africa and Bosnia"
    And the problem with that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Honda VFR 800 1998
    My leather jacket, leather trousers, and boots are all Dainese.

I didn't know anything about motorcycle gear when I got them. I chose them on style and recommendation from the sales men in the Finnish motorcycle store I was in. They felt and looked great and the factsheet that came with them made them sound awesome. In the end all the other products I tried in store made me feel like a Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man except the Dainese stuff. I've had them some years now and love them.

Bike
    08 Ninja ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    Heres hoping it does
    Well it's only fair that it does, I can't buy the jacket in NZ and am fully prepared to pay, hell I would have pre paid it if I knew how.

I made that pretty clear; but are you just being snarky because I chose this jacket over a Qmoto?

Just sayin, because I actually bought a Qmoto jacket off you when I started getting into bikes, then you were nice to deal with, but now it seems you're just shooting down brands even though you no have nothing to do with Qmoto.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline_8749 View Post
    Well it's only fair that it does, I can't buy the jacket in NZ and am fully prepared to pay, hell I would have pre paid it if I knew how.

I made that pretty clear; but are you just being snarky because I chose this jacket over a Qmoto?

Just sayin, because I actually bought a Qmoto jacket off you when I started getting into bikes, then you were nice to deal with, but now it seems you're just shooting down brands even though you no have nothing to do with Qmoto.
    Snarky ? nope, buy in NZ , otherwise youre importing lower wages for yourself
    that might be to deep for you I suspect

Bike
    R1
    Buy the jacket you like for the best price. That is the basic law of supply and demand. If someone is wanting you to pay more or to buy their jacket, it is because you they want you to help their income/wages at the expense of yours. There might be some good jackets here locally but, do I think they are worth twice the price. no. Also, I would prefer the quality control of a big company instead of an unknown company. Dainese must be doing something correct because they are respected all over the world and have a reputation to keep.

Thread Information