Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 World Speedway, 31 March Western Springs

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    might be worth raising your concerns with the Springs - E-Mail: info@springsspeedway.com
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke girl View Post
    I guess it comes down to once they have their money they don't give a shit on how happy or unhappy the spectators are.
    That couldn't be further from the truth, while this seems to be a silly mistake to make, especially if the seats were proffesionally erected, the enjoyment of the sport for one and all will be high on the minds of the Western Springs people.
    Bill Buckley owns the Springs, despite all the noise shit etc over the years he's persevered, as he did when he brought the BSL500 Grand Prix bike to reality.
    He owns Buckley Systems LTD google it and see how succesful this business is, no need to own a muddy controversial track in the middle of town to turn a few bucks, he's doing it so we can all enjoy the sport.
    Shame though that this happened.

Bike
    2008 FZ1-N
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    I was thinking of going but saw in the Harold it was $50 a ticket. I stayed home & had a domestic instead

Was it $50?
    Yip, $50.00 and WELL worth it. Fkn AWESOME to see World Class Speedway at the Springs. I grew up watching the Solos and Sidecars in amongst the Midgets and Sprint cars every Saturday night for many years
    RIP Phil (Pinky) SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND.

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    We got a partial refund from the springs, so they are trying...

Bike
    HONDA CBR 250 RR, 2008 250 Kawasaki Ni.

Thumbs up

Well l am very pleased that the organisers of the Western Springs World Speedway have come to the Party and offered both my Husband & l 50% of next years tickets as well as Pit passes. Thank You, and here's hoping that the stands along the main straight will be better situated so that those who have allocated seats in them can see the bikes on the startline and don't have to watch it on the Big Screen.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I didn't even get a reply to the email I sent them
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    The grandstand seats were a fucking crap waste of money, grandstand needed to be on a steeper angle of further back, you couldn't even see the front straight or start/finish line even if you were standing

Personaly while I liked the event and it was well run and a good venue the racing was pretty average and I've watched better racing at club days
    if you worded it like this I'm not surprised they haven't replied.

As for the racing being pretty average that's what you get when everyones at the top of their game, they're so precise that there's very little swapping around etc

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    if you worded it like this I'm not surprised they haven't replied.
    I didn't word it like that I was nice and polite
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    As for the racing being pretty average that's what you get when everyones at the top of their game, they're so precise that there's very little swapping around etc
    I've been to enough racing to work that out myself, it was still a good night out, just not as good as it could have been
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    HONDA CBR 250 RR, 2008 250 Kawasaki Ni.
    We emailed them during the week after the event and have only just heard back from them so hopefully you should get a reply before the end of this week if not resend them your email until you do.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I didn't word it like that I was nice and polite

I've been to enough racing to work that out myself, it was still a good night out, just not as good as it could have been
    Well over 100km/h sideways on dirt literally touching each other and you aren't that impressed by the racing? They got closer on an inconsistent dirt surface than I have seen any moto GP rider get to each other on a definite surface.

Yes I'm biased because I love speedway haha. But I watched the V8s in hamilton, tickets well over the $50 at springs, saw one little section of the track, saw about 3 or 4 overtakes the entire weekend and one crash. At speedway the majority of people saw the entire track, the entire race, every over take, all the rubbing togethers.

BTW any KBer want a ride on one of these bikes just give me a message. seriously. No more practices this season but later this year I could help someone who wants to give it a try.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Well over 100km/h sideways on dirt literally touching each other and you aren't that impressed by the racing? .
    You must have gone to a different meeting than I did, there were maybe 4-5 close races where something interesting happened,most times whoever got the holeshot had the race without being seriously challenged past turn 1

Bike
    Blog Entries
    What would you have done to make it different? Also, have you every ridden speedway solos competitively? It's not as easy as those guys make it look.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    BTW any KBer want a ride on one of these bikes just give me a message. seriously. No more practices this season but later this year I could help someone who wants to give it a try.
    I'd love to have just one more ride on the merry-go-round. Still got my leathers and boots.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I'd love to have just one more ride on the merry-go-round. Still got my leathers and boots.
    You have the lop sided boots? haha

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    What would you have done to make it different? Also, have you every ridden speedway solos competitively? It's not as easy as those guys make it look.
    Don't worry he's the sort of guy who'd moan if he was on fire and you pissed on him to put it out.

Thread Information