Thread: Brookby Trail Ride - 25th Today, Or Just gone

Bike
    1999 TRX850K

Brookby Trail Ride - 25th Today, Or Just gone

Hi all

Fantastic trail ride!! Marshells looking after everyone, switching the track up when need be. Good mix of novices and experiened riders.

Big thanks to the 3 pouncing up and down on the back of my van to help provide enough traction to get me out of parking LOL

Leyton

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    in all it was a good ride, I enjoyed myself. very wet and slippery, the novice part, at the start, Ive done A loops that where easy-er, ( mainly because it being real wet and muddy) I think I rode around it three times before I found where the main loop started. on my second run around the main loop I came off on the last slippery uphill, so drag my bike to the side and was talking to some guys who were parked up resting, they where still trying to get around once, I told them they were almost home. just had to get to the top of the hill and it was all downhill from there, told them that there were a couple of option, through the bush if they wanted, but they said they would pass and head back for a beer.

I think the condition, made it difficult and would have put a lot of riders off.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    main loop I came off on the last slippery uphill, so drag my bike to the side and was talking to some guys who were parked up resting, they where still trying to get around once, I told them they were almost home.
    I know the part I made it up the first part of the hill until I had to save the front and I lost momentem and dropped. After 10 minutes of resting... and a clutch drop and multiple seat bounces I was off... nearly lost it over the crest in a hail of wheelie LOL

Track was certainly wet, I have been on worse B's! eg.. worse B's then A's :P Atleast this one was mostly soil and not clay I enjoyed it, but only had the energy to get around once

Am going to the Goodwood School ride in cambridge this weekend. Dry weather! should be a blast!

Oh P.S, There will be footage up from Brookby in the next couple of days, a couple of younger folk I was pacing with had a cam on.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyton View Post
    I know the part I made it up the first part of the hill until I had to save the front and I lost momentem and dropped. After 10 minutes of resting... and a clutch drop and multiple seat bounces I was off... nearly lost it over the crest in a hail of wheelie LOL

Track was certainly wet, I have been on worse B's! eg.. worse B's then A's :P Atleast this one was mostly soil and not clay I enjoyed it, but only had the energy to get around once

Am going to the Goodwood School ride in cambridge this weekend. Dry weather! should be a blast!

Oh P.S, There will be footage up from Brookby in the next couple of days, a couple of younger folk I was pacing with had a cam on.
    If I can get motivated, will put up some vid as well.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    If I can get motivated, will put up some vid as well.
    That will be fantastic if you do Gimmie a message when you have it up

Thread Information