Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Eddie's Aprilia RS250 rebuild & restore

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Fuck, thems some yummy rims!
    Shot bro! will get into it tomorrow.. never used wet/dry sandpaper before.. how wet do you get it? I'll get some from bunnings tomorrow.

I'm jew as too so won't bother with paint stripper.. but see how bored I get of sanding eh!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Good luck man, took me 4 hours before I was happy with my front one.
    I should pick up some more paint and get the rear done too.

I keep a bowl of water with me or a small bucket, just slam the paper in there and go for gold.
    Also, cut a small bit of scothbrite pad or something of the sort to use as a "sanding block" and don't follow the direction you're sanding with your finger tips (if that makes sense) because you'll leave low points in the ally and it will show up, if you're like me you'll re-do the entire thing because of a minor low point lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Also, cut a small bit of scothbrite pad or something of the sort to use as a "sanding block" and don't follow the direction you're sanding with your finger tips (if that makes sense)
    yip make sense, instead of pushing along with the fingertips forwards/backwards I should rather go side to side?

also, since I won't use paint stripper, getting rid of the initial paint should that be done wet sand as well or ok dry?

Chur.. see how I go tomorrow haha.. I can prob find four hours to kill

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    yip make sense, instead of pushing along with the fingertips forwards/backwards I should rather go side to side?

also, since I won't use paint stripper, getting rid of the initial paint should that be done wet sand as well or ok dry?

Chur.. see how I go tomorrow haha.. I can prob find four hours to kill
    Yup, side to side and treat it like a bruised clit, be gentle.

Dry or wet, doesn't really matter, the paper I have doesn't get clogged when wet or dry and it's just some cheapo white crap from Bunnings lol
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    the paint on these rims laughed at my 320 sandpaper, went to some real gritty stuff, 80 or lower. Fuck it takes a long time. But I do like what they will look like so will continue. Still not sure though, Red center with polished lips or black centers. The black does look classy. Black bike, but will have some large red patches on it from the chesterfield sponsor stickers and will prob have red cylinder heads too. so red could go too. Tough choice.

Here are the rims after todays sanding and scrubbing efforts, will carry on another day. very slow work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	261288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	261289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0267.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	767.9 KB 
ID:	261290

Bike
    It won't make it easier to clean, but black will hide the dirt better.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Should have left them all black IMO. Could have got some red wheel stripes to rice it up a bit!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Should have left them all black IMO. Could have got some red wheel stripes to rice it up a bit!
    ya recon? all black bike, black wheels, black tyres.. I'd fall asleep looking at it. (wheel stripes don't do it for me)

I'm one of those that likes bright/shiny things... ostrich i think they call 'em

Can always paint them all black again later if I get bored of the shiny lips.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I reckon you're all retards and they look choice.
    What size tyres do they run?
    Nice sneaky swingarm in one pic too, looks nice!

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    I reckon you're all retards and they look choice.
    hehe I recon too, they look pretty choice to me haha.. gonna be a hard choice between red and black centers tho.

What size tyres do they run?
    Nice sneaky swingarm in one pic too, looks nice!
    front is a 110/70 R17 and rear is a 160/60 R17.. got the old tyres on trademe as I will be looking to buy a matching set of something sticky like honey when the bike is finished. it came with a shinko on the front and a dunlop sportmax on the rear. Not my choice of tyres

hehe swingarm and frame are already polished so should be pretty nice, plastics will probably need a repaint and a few bits and pieces will paint again, prob the rear sub frame, the triple clamps top n bottom. new clip ons and levers are on the cards and hopefully rear sets too. will be cleaning the engine up externally as well and painting a few parts that look a bit old.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    hehe I recon too, they look pretty choice to me haha.. gonna be a hard choice between red and black centers tho.

front is a 110/70 R17 and rear is a 160/60 R17.. got the old tyres on trademe as I will be looking to buy a matching set of something sticky like honey when the bike is finished. it came with a shinko on the front and a dunlop sportmax on the rear. Not my choice of tyres

hehe swingarm and frame are already polished so should be pretty nice, plastics will probably need a repaint and a few bits and pieces will paint again, prob the rear sub frame, the triple clamps top n bottom. new clip ons and levers are on the cards and hopefully rear sets too. will be cleaning the engine up externally as well and painting a few parts that look a bit old.
    I'd go black, red looks grouse, but I'm not sure with a polished lip.

Hmmm...so I know what rims I want when I upgrade mine...
    I'll have to try get the measurements for the swinger, axles and sprocket offsets

It's going to look brilliant bro.
    If it was mine, it'd be Rosso-Corsa red (fap fap fap) with gold center rims and plenty of polishing.

Hey, my bike had IRC tyres... PP 2CTs now

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    If it was mine, it'd be Rosso-Corsa red (fap fap fap) with gold center rims and plenty of polishing.
    hmmm, gold centers with polished lip..

forks want to be gold, callipers are Brembo and gold. disc carriers are gold..

tough choices aye

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    hmmm, gold centers with polished lip..

forks want to be gold, callipers are Brembo and gold. disc carriers are gold..

tough choices aye
    Yep, details are pricks, awesome if you're the man like me and work them out

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    whos good with that photoshop thing. someone edit my images into red centers and gold centers so I can see my options

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    whos good with that photoshop thing. someone edit my images into red centers and gold centers so I can see my options
    Put up a thread lol

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information