Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Eddie's Aprilia RS250 rebuild & restore

Bike
    7r93, a 749, cr250, cr500, pw80 and what
    good shit bro!!! respect for keeping the 2t alive...
    as the natives say.... C Hur

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    as for cleaning, depends what exactly you are cleaning. Start off with a Kero bath, soak the shit for a while, scrub, rinse and repeat a couple times, and see where you are at after that.
    yea will give it a go. Am just really cleaning the cylinders and power valves eh. basically the exhaust system, from exhaust port out of cylinder/combustion chamber, through the port, the power valves, to the exhaust opening and I want to even clean up the exhausts as well.. wondered if I could just fill them with something let it soak then tip it out a few times or if I would have to cut them in half, clean then weld back together..

If its safe I guess I could just fill a tub with kero and leave the cylinders and exhaust valves sitting in there for hours? any one have any reason not to do this? might eat or destroy something?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 057rxz View Post
    good shit bro!!! respect for keeping the 2t alive...
    haha, Churr bro

hopefully be done by end of winter and then will be looking for another to build.. quite like the TZ/TZR250's or maybe anything bigger.. shit an 400/500cc road 2 stroker would be a mint project.. haha dreams eh?

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    yea will give it a go. Am just really cleaning the cylinders and power valves eh. basically the exhaust system, from exhaust port out of cylinder/combustion chamber, through the port, the power valves, to the exhaust opening and I want to even clean up the exhausts as well.. wondered if I could just fill them with something let it soak then tip it out a few times or if I would have to cut them in half, clean then weld back together..

If its safe I guess I could just fill a tub with kero and leave the cylinders and exhaust valves sitting in there for hours? any one have any reason not to do this? might eat or destroy something?
    Plug the end of the exhaust up and fill it with petrol ? Or kero. Or something. Mmmm, something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Jealous!! I wish I had a shed and bike like that to keep me away from KB
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    its an engine, it has petrol exploding and shit inside it, kero isnt going to fuck it, and youll be replacing gaskets etc anyways.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    A new sight glass would be easier ??
    not for the price

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    not for the price
    Get a piece of glass cut ? A piece of polycarbonate ? A glass out of another bike from the wreckers ?

More than one way to skin a cat..
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Plug the end of the exhaust up and fill it with petrol ? Or kero. Or something. Mmmm, something.
    yep - will give it a go and report back.. I guess I will need to scrub too - wishful thinking that it will just soak and fall off haha..

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    its an engine, it has petrol exploding and shit inside it, kero isnt going to fuck it, and youll be replacing gaskets etc anyways.
    yea too true, and yea no more gaskets left I've disassembled everything and have a full set of gaskets for entire engine. She will be a tight at the end

Bike
    behold!

cleaned cylinders and managed to get stuck screws out with lots of heat and impact driver. Flagged taking them back to the engineers since they had the cyls for like 3/4 weeks and did nothing with them so I just took em home and got the bits out I needed to. Still have to get the water spigots out but have found some cheap bench vices will grab one then give it a go.

cleaned both cyls up in prep for the final work to be done on them and then reassembly heres a before/after comparison photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	262593

Bike
    put bits all back together. still got a fair bit of scrubbing to go to get into all the final little bits, gonna replace all the hardware to nice new chrome items - stuck it together just to see what we are looking like/deciding whether to do the heads black or leave unpainted. deciding on red or unpainted for cylinders and engine sidecovers, a gun metal grey color I was thinking, or red or black..

here she is at the mo unpainted but with some little detailing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0300.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	739.0 KB 
ID:	262594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0301.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	262595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0302.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	262596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0303.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	753.3 KB 
ID:	262597

Bike
    BSA A10
    deciding on red or unpainted for cylinders and engine sidecovers, a gun metal grey color I was thinking, or red or black..
    Red? you're gay enough to own a Honda, oh thats right I forgot you already do

repeat after me, Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Bl ack,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Blac k,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black, Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Bl ack,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Blac k,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black, Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black,Bl ack,Black,Black,Black,Black,Black
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    haha yea..

black cyl heads, red NGK spark plug caps, chrome hardware and gunmetal grey sidecovers.. crankcases/cyls can stay unpainted I recon.. It will show the oil up easier when it starts leaking or failing

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    haha yea..

black cyl heads, red NGK spark plug caps, chrome hardware and gunmetal grey sidecovers.. crankcases/cyls can stay unpainted I recon.. It will show the oil up easier when it starts leaking or failing
    you missed out on a good ride today - a new dude turned up on a blade that looks to be the same as yours

Thread Information