Thread: 2012 King of Levels Round 3, 250 Production - Race Report from Alex Bowers

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

2012 King of Levels Round 3, 250 Production - Race Report from Alex Bowers

Great day at Levels raceway, Timaru yesterday for the final round of the 2012 King of Levels Championship. Qualified 5th on track and 2nd 250 Production. Had some awesome starts. Lapped in the 1:20's. Race One was fun and fast, I just missed out on 1st place by 0.134s to Richard Willetts #92. Race Two was the same again but Bailie Perriton #17 pulled alway and did an impressive 1:19. I only managed 4th Place but that was enough to claim the KOL Championship. Race 3 the rain had come down and track was very slippery. About three laps in I had an amazing save coming out of turn one with the front and rear sliding away then suddenly flicking the other way throwing me up off the seat and back down again. I won the race and extended my lead to 22 points in the King of Canterbury Championship. Big thanks to Motorcycling Canterbury for putting on a good event. Bring on King of Ruapuna this coming Sunday!

I would like thank all my sponsors, Shoei Helmets, RK Chain, Bridgestone Tyres, Putoline Oil, Premier Brakes, Bowers Builders, Whyteline, New Zealand Pocketbike Imports, Sportz Fotoz, Dad and Amanda.
    //ALEX//

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bowers View Post
    Great day at Levels raceway, Timaru yesterday for the final round of the 2012 King of Levels Championship. Qualified 5th on track and 2nd 250 Production. Had some awesome starts. Lapped in the 1:20's. Race One was fun and fast, I just missed out on 1st place by 0.134s to Richard Willetts #92. Race Two was the same again but Bailie Perriton #17 pulled alway and did an impressive 1:19. I only managed 4th Place but that was enough to claim the KOL Championship. Race 3 the rain had come down and track was very slippery. About three laps in I had an amazing save coming out of turn one with the front and rear sliding away then suddenly flicking the other way throwing me up off the seat and back down again. I won the race and extended my lead to 22 points in the King of Canterbury Championship. Big thanks to Motorcycling Canterbury for putting on a good event. Bring on King of Ruapuna this coming Sunday!

I would like thank all my sponsors, Shoei Helmets, RK Chain, Bridgestone Tyres, Putoline Oil, Premier Brakes, Bowers Builders, Whyteline, New Zealand Pocketbike Imports, Sportz Fotoz, Dad and Amanda.
    Well done Alex,Watched the video yesterday,Looking good.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well done Alex,Watched the video yesterday,Looking good.
    Thanks Billy, Im looking forward to Nationals!!
    how many 250 are racing up north?
    are you coming down again? be good to see you again.
    //ALEX//

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bowers View Post
    Thanks Billy, Im looking forward to Nationals!!
    how many 250 are racing up north?
    are you coming down again? be good to see you again.
    Bugger all up here at the Vic series,But there will be more out for the Nats hopefully,Yip,I'll be there,Just working on a deal to bring the Aussie 250 Production Champ over to ride one of my Ninja's,Just need to organise some airfares for him and we're done

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Bugger all up here at the Vic series,But there will be more out for the Nats hopefully,Yip,I'll be there,Just working on a deal to bring the Aussie 250 Production Champ over to ride one of my Ninja's,Just need to organise some airfares for him and we're done
    Cool there will be some big composition then, awesome.. see you then!
    //ALEX//

Bike
    A fast one
    Good riding at the weekend mate.
    Looks like Billy is having too import some overseas talent to give the Nth Is a chance of the 250 title. Will be good to have some international rider/s in the best class.
    After last race you will be praying for a wet Nationals eh.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    Good riding at the weekend mate.
    Looks like Billy is having too import some overseas talent to give the Nth Is a chance of the 250 title. Will be good to have some international rider/s in the best class.
    After last race you will be praying for a wet Nationals eh.
    LMFAO!!!! I aint doing anything to give the North Island a chance at anything,Just don't like wasting time and money,If Luke doesn't come over I might just stay home and go fishing LOL !!

Thread Information