Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Hafiq Azmi's progress in BSB Motostar Cup and Rookies Cup

Bike
    Nowt any more

Updates on Hafiq Azmi's progress in BSB Motostar Cup and Rookies Cup

BSB Rd 1, Brands Hatch Indy, riding KTM RC125 for Global Globe WCM racing: Qualified 7th, 1.52s from pole.
    I don't think there are any Moto3 bikes in this class.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    A fast one
    Well done Hafiq.
    BSB at Brands Hatch............... doesnt get much better......... the indy circuit is an awesome track.
    T1 Paddock Hill is my all time favorite corner.

reckon the designer of HD just took Brands club circuit and mixed it up a bit...... with a little less elevation.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Looks like the 125 race was postponed or cancelled due to the SNAFU they had with rain and petrol/oil/detergents.
    Can't find any results or info.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Looks like the 125 race was postponed or cancelled due to the SNAFU they had with rain and petrol/oil/detergents.
    Can't find any results or info.
    Yeah looks like Uk had a real monsoon this weekend...... mates mailed me to say that Easter Thunderball Drags at santa Pod were rained off too.

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    T1 Paddock Hill is my all time favorite corner.
    Except when it's wet!
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
    Except when it's wet!
    Its the exit to T1 (paddock hill) that is dodgy in the wet as all the water runs down the hill in same direction as you (trying to feed the throttle) But the wet does present opportunities to take the inside line into Druids which is not so easy in the dry.
    Having said that...........! i have only ridden it on a quick 600 back in the late 90,s.............. a 200hp+ superbike........ they are gods.
    A very quick track in the wet too....as it drains well and doest really have any big pools of water (or didnt back then) and a grippy surface. Probebly why there are so many crashes in a wet race there as everybody is pushing the boundries.

Bike
    Yamaha R6
    I watched the red flagged supesport race and there was a pile up at turn 3 with 3 seperate riders loosing the front going in so there must have been something dodgy on the track that they couldn't isolate. Luckily didn't seem like anyone was hurt too bad.

At least Hafiq is no stranger to the wet. Good luck to him.
    Daniel Kempthorne - R6 #36
    K-Tech Suspension | Metzeler Tyres | Maxima Oils

Bike
    Nowt any more

Thruxton Rd 2

Brand new circuit for Hafiq. It is a very fast circuit from what I recall. Merv?

FP 1, 19th, 6.8s off lead.

FP 2, 9th, 4.0s off lead. Significant improvement.

Kyle Ryde the BSB 125GP #1 2011 is the man (boy??) to beat, riding an Aprilia. The KTM is nowhere near as fast as the Aprilia.
    JEEEEEZ, 57 entries in Superstock 1000!!!!!! 39 entries in 600 Superstock!!! 29 in 125. 35 in Superbike, 34 in Supersport.

Oh yeah, Sandra Stammova, QP 51st, 4.8s off lead.

QP, 17th, 5.4 off lead, but looks like he has crashed or broken down. Only did 7 laps, others did up to 15.
    7 riders DNQ.
    Looks like weather is shitty again, laptimes are up.

Bike
    A fast one
    Yep Fast & flat......... as most ex airfeild circuits are.
    Only rode there once...but have spectated many times. I think it has had a lot of money spent/improvments since i was there (the old surface was in need of something).
    im sure Hafiq will move up in Qual/race. He gotta stop this crashing lark!........ leave that to Sandra.
    Good numbers in all classes......... would imagine around 38/40 qualify.
    Shame about the good old english weather.......again.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Race, DNF lap 6 of 10.
    The other KTM (Tarran McKenzie) also DNF, so maybe bike trouble?
    Looks like he crashed according to his Twitter.
    His laptime would have had him in 3rd place, on best laptimes.
    This was the postponed Round 1 (Race of Brands) race. Round 2 on Sunday, 3pm.

Race 2, P 5, in the group for P 2. 8s off P1, 0.12s off P 4. 4th best laptime. P2-P5 covered by 1 s. 10th equal in standings I think.
    Great result.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Rookies Cup Races 1, 2 Jerez Spain

Hafiq Azmi Qualifying P 16 2.01.6, 1.88s off pole.

Race 1: P 14, 2 points. 37s behind winner.

Race 2: P7, 9 points. 14s behind winner, all on his own between front group and following group.

Pretty good results I would think.

Estoril this weekend.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Rookies Cup Races 3, 4, Estoril Portugal

QP 5th, 1 sec off pole.
    R 1; 10th in second group.
    R 2; 7th at head of second group.

Very successful weekend. No crashes in races, good points.
    Beat Baldassari last years champ in all sessions.
    11th place in championship with 26 points.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Round 4 BSB Snetterton

Third new circuit in as many rounds.
    Missed Oulton Parks due to clash with Rookies Cup at Estoril.

FP1 DNQ clearly just finding his feet around a new circuit.
    FP2 straight into 10th place, 2.9 s off the leader Kyle Ryde who is debuting the first NSF250 in BSB and is 0.5s in front.

Bike
    XT660r
    What bikes are being raced in BSB and Red Bull Rookies, still 125's?
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Currently Rookies Cup are still running KTM RC125 bikes but will be changing to the KTM Moto3 bike (whatever it is called) next year.
    The KTM Moto3 bike will be released to the public market in the new year 2013, but be sitting down when you read the price, I am sure!!
    Used ex Rookies cup USA RC125s (which are not actually full power spec bikes) are available ex-USA for something like USD$18,000 (I have seen one advertised for $USD24,000), while the new RS125 was $USD9,000ish and the Honda NSF250 is $USD22,000 or something like that. I imagine that the KTM Moto3 bike will be the best part of $USD30,000 or more.

In BSB Kyle Ryde is using the first Honda NSF in BSB just this weekend. Hafiq and Tarren MacKenzie are the only ones using KTMs (due to the Rookies Cup/WCM tie up). The big players in 125 racing in BSB are trying hard to resist the move to Moto3/GPMono.

There are already at least 3 but I think 5 NSF250's racing in Australia and one or two MD250H's among the 125's. The fastest laps in Australia are still 125 times, but set with an Aprilia. The MD250H is not competitive in their races. A lot of the Aussie 125's are pretty high spec ones.

Thread Information