Thread: Another reason to run from the popo

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07

Another reason to run from the popo

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10799668

Basically someones car gets impounded, when they check its gps online they see thats its been doing 100kph in a 50kph zone when the tow contractors have possession of it and the company comes up with bullshit excuses for why.

Although i dont condone people running from the police, this will no doubt gives those that do another reason.

Bike
    TBC
    Or you could not do dumb shit in the first place......Time and place people, time and place.....

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    "(The towtruck driver) chased the vehicle in his truck, with the Silvia still on board and the ignition on, but lost sight of it and returned to the yard."

:

Sure Bro, sure...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    That is the most piss-weak excuse I have heard in ages, thanks for the good laugh bro!
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    That is the most piss-weak excuse I have heard in ages, thanks for the good laugh bro!
    haha i know it is but doesnt mean people wont use it.

Whats the point of cops impounding vehicles if the tow drivers are going to do worse with them.
    I wonder how often this happens

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    haha i know it is but doesnt mean people wont use it.

Whats the point of cops impounding vehicles if the tow drivers are going to do worse with them.
    I wonder how often this happens
    I meant the towie spokesmoron's excuse, they must have some damn fast tow trucks!
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    I meant the towie spokesmoron's excuse, they must have some damn fast tow trucks!
    The truck wasn't speeding though, the GPS was wrong.

Because that's much more believable than a car being taken for a joyride.

She disputed the speed captured by the GPS, saying the truck could not have reached that speed.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    ...and some fucking dumb bosses to buy such a load of cods...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    The truck wasn't speeding though, the GPS was wrong.

Because that's much more believable than a car being taken for a joyride.
    Don't think she realises that speed is calculated from position, or maybe the error just happened to get sequentially larger, and in the direction of the road

What was a single numpty taking a car for a joyride, has now made their whole company look like morons. Not sure if that is really the idea of a spokesperson?

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Just shows how useful that Snitch is.
    I would have bribed the tow company to pay for a full service and inspection of the silvia, as well as any parts, with the threat of going to the media. And then gone to the media anyway =D

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    "(The towtruck driver) chased the vehicle in his truck, with the Silvia still on board and the ignition on, but lost sight of it and returned to the yard."
    yeah that line sounds like we could run a sweep on how long before it's on a Tui billboard. I reckon one in the area of the yard next month.

Bike
    Kate
    Don't think she realises that speed is calculated from position, or maybe the error just happened to get sequentially larger, and in the direction of the road

What was a single numpty taking a car for a joyride, has now made their whole company look like morons. Not sure if that is really the idea of a spokesperson?
    "single numpty" The owner said the GPS showed it had been out at least twice. I bet it is "normal" for this group of towies to "test" the impounded cars that took their fancy. Hence the excuse rather than a 'don't know what you are talking about we will look into it' reply. The company, if they are working for the police, should have audit procedures to ensure this sort of thing can not happen but watch the real issue be sidestepped into another teapot affair.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    I like the police comment

'this hasnt happened ever, in the 12 years. . . '

and her response
    how the fuck would you know? I only found out because I didnt tell you cunts that I had snitch!!!

Be interesting to see if anything comes of this

Thread Information