Thread: Hello from two round the world bikers on XT660Rs

Bike
    Yamaha XT66OR

Hello from two round the world bikers on XT660Rs

Hello all,

We have arrived in NZ from the UK on our RTW trip on two Yamaha XT660R's, collect the bikes from the shipper in Dunedin on the 15th and start touring.
    We hope to do as many gravel and dirt roads we can find having done 7000 miles of dirt on the Trans America trail and the length of Baja so far on our trip.
    Like all overlanders funds are in short supply so we are camping all the way - bush camping if possible.

Any help/hints/tips/info would be much appreciated.

Our bikes have been delayed so we will be flying into Dunedin on Thursday 12th so if any one can point us in the direction of a cheap as hotel or decent camp ground to stay for a day or two while we wait - that would be great.

Have a look at our blag at www.twobikesrunning.co.uk

Hope to see you on the road

Paul and Angie

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Giday and welcome to New Zealand! That sure is one great looking route you have organised.

A couple of websites for some New Zealand route info:

http://advroutes.org.nz
    http://www.adventureguide.co.nz

Fire away any questions as there is a good base of knowledge from all the KB bikers on routes, places to stay, things to see etc

Have a great ride and keep us posted with your progress

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Gday, A big welcome to NZ, Hope you guys have an awesome tour.
    If your travels take you up the east coast of the Nth Island then there is a place to stay here along with a wksp in required.
    If that happens to be a weekend then a local tour of the beaches and gravel roads wont be a problem and Im sure some of the other Adv riders in Hawkes Bay would be happy to get together as well.

Ride safe
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    F800GS
    Looks like an awesome trip.

Also have a look here >> http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-rec...laces-to-stay/ There's plenty of places to freedom camp if you know where to look.

I might be able to organise a bed/workshop/washing machine if your in the neighbourhood, sadly I can't act as a tour guide

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    There's camping at French pass top of the South Island when you get that far north,its a great ride in and there is fuel and basic food supplies at the local shop.

If your venturing into the North Island there's a bed and workshop here In Whanganui too,We had a German couple on Trans alps stay last month.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    The Waikato crew will see you right if your passing
    PM me whenever you like.

Bike
    2007 KTM 990 Adventure
    Don't miss Taranaki. We are in New Plymouth (north island, west coast), if you need a bed we are happy to put you up and show you some of the back roads (which are unlike anywhere else in NZ).

PM us if you like

Michael & Leanne

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Shiver
    PM me when you get close to Wellington - we may well have a bed, breakfast, shower, washing machine, tools, etc. We're in Paekakariki 40km to the north.
    Cheers

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    welcome to NZ Paul and Angie we're in Central, bed tools shower etc if needed.... as for acomm in Dunners, also go to southernrider.co.nz site lots of advid riders in that area & if we don't catch up enjoy ya trip

Keith & Kathy
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    If/when you hit the Auckland region shout-out, I can show you around/suggest some routes and maybe provide a place to stay. Feel free to shout out via private message.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    There is also a spare bed available in Alexandra, Central Otago.

Depending on your planned route from Dunedin, it's just possible that perhaps Shrek and/or I could join you for part of your trip.
    Time to ride

Bike
    800XC
    G'day - where are you know and what are your plans? I have got some family and friends scattered about who may be able to come to the party, where were you based when you lived over here?
    Cheers Crim

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    There is also a spare bed available in Alexandra, Central Otago.

Depending on your planned route from Dunedin, it's just possible that perhaps Shrek and/or I could join you for part of your trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    G'day - where are you know and what are your plans? I have got some family and friends scattered about who may be able to come to the party, where were you based when you lived over here?
    Cheers Crim
    got an e-mail off these guys they're can't seem to log back in to KB, jantar I gave them your cell & said you may be able to help with logging in etc
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Welcome to the land of milk and honey.......astounding riding here in NZ so your in for a treat and you,ll meet some great people here too....

Thread Information